Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Anyone thrown in Pittsburgh? Options
shex44
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:09:57 PM

Me and my friends are planning a trip east to Pittsburgh area. We are planning to camp while we are there. Anyone know of some good camp sites out that way? West Virginia maybe. Want to be able to drink, naturally. Anybody know anything about that area?
perica
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:51:25 PM

Pittsburgh has awesome disc golf.  I've never camped up there though.  Google yields plenty of results near Moraine SP - http://goo.gl/maps/49ygf - moraine has rustic camping as well.

A word of caution about drinking, PA has some of the hardest liquor laws in the country.  Beer pretty much has to be purchased in case-minimum amounts at these wholesale-type shops that close early.  So you may want to get your booze ahead of time beer
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 8:33:14 AM

i have a river cabin in eastern ohio about 35or40 minutes from parkersberg west virginia there are two courses in that area worth checking out forked run state park in ohio and the mountwood monster in waverly west virginia i beleive both have campgrounds forked run does for certain there is also a course more on the way to pittsburg called the black course in moundsville WV it also has camping you can find all three on dgcoursereview.com