Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Advice on disc selection for a forehand and overhand shot Options
Jowsepi
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:46:35 PM

What would be a good disc for a beginner trying to throw a forehand shot? Same question for an overhand or thumber shot? I have not been throwing anything as far as a forehand shot and I am currently throwing an Innova Eagle for the overhand shot.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:48:37 PM

the beast is a decent disc for tomahawk shots get a champion one though cuz its gonna take a beating fore hand is atougher one though cuz its really about finding the right disc for how your throwing it best advice is to go with something more overstable like a flick or a wraith till you learn how to control it, its real easy to over cook a forehand and roll it iam still fighting trying to develop a forehand I cant say to much about the thumber I don't really have the arm to snap one off properly so they slways look like a dying quail
Fosterjon35
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:05:22 PM

i started with a Z Flash and loved it and eventually moved on to a force
perica
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:14:50 PM

If you're learning the forehand shot, get the wrist action correct by learning with a putter. Then you can use it on almost anything. Low profile drivers tend to be more popular but get those mechanics down and open up the whole bag. I personally use a 150 flick a lot but am in the minority.
alex.e
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:37:13 AM

I prefer the flick 150-155g for tomahawk...long turnover and can get about 300-325 out it. When throwing tomahawk the longer the turnover the longer the shot, however you need more space for the turnover. Also you might not be able to turn it over at first but don't get discouraged, the flick is by far the best disc for tomahawk IMO. As far as innova is concerned I know the whippet is a popular choice. In the end you have to figure out what you want to achieve with your overhand shot, if you want a short fast turnover for a rescue shot buy something understable, if you want distance go overstable.