Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

I-75 Options
alex.e
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:59:02 AM

Me and a buddy are heading down to Gatlinburg this summer for a few days and plan on playing some DG. I have already looked into the only course in Gatlinburg as well as some of the courses in Knoxville. Anyone know of any courses along I-75, or not too far off, that are a must play? We are looking to stop and play on the way down as well as the way back...
InnocentCrook
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:35:56 PM

Veritable disc golf dead zone after you pass Lexington. Lex has some pretty good ones. If you haven't played Veteran's Park or Riney B I'd say they're both worth a quick stop.

Berea college has a solid little 9 hole course right on campus. I had to go down there for a wedding a couple years ago and squeezed in a quick round. Nothing fancy, but enjoyable none the less. Parking can be an issue.
Enzy
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:39:53 PM

I have played most courses in Knoxville and enjoyed Victor Ash. I played the old layout of Morning Side and I have heard the new layout is better. I will be playing it in July.

I agree with InnocentCrook with it being a dead zone past Lexington. I have heard good things about Riney B and Veterans is fun as long as you have a map or know a local to show you around.

Enjoy your trip and let us know what you think of the courses you decide to play
perica
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:12:01 PM

i've heard morristown, tn has some good disc golf if you want to take the scenic route through tennessee.
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:25:34 PM

Tommy Schumpert park in Knoxville is shaping up to be a real nice course. Currently baskets on the front nine & I heard there are tone poles on the back nine (pun intended). I played 1-9 en route from my daughter's in Charlotte & enjoyed it.