Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2013 Flying Pig Open Options
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 11:20:11 AM

14th Annual Flying Pig Open is coming up on September 7th and 8th at Mt.Airy and Harbin Park.
Current and updated info is on the events tab.  www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Events/FlyingPigOpen.aspx
Online registration via paypal will be available soon.
Now is a good time to make any donations or offer support by volunteering, please contact Andrew Miller 513-602-0637 or Adam Jones 513-255-7275.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:11:35 AM

Registration is now open via PayPal, button on the events page is on.
If you would rather pay cash just get it to either Andrew Miller or myself.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:18:54 PM

September 7th @ Mt. Airy Forest: Open & Advanced Layout: Two Rounds of 18 in the Long positions. Wooded Holes A & B will be in play, from hole 7 tee to 8's basket, skip 9 and go directly to hole 10. Intermediate & Rec Layout: Two Rounds of 18 in the Long positions. Wooded Holes A & B will be in play, from hole 7 tee to 8's basket, skip 9 and go directly to hole 10. Intermediate and Rec will tee from alt short tee locations on holes 1, 5, 7, 15, 18. (these may change). September 8th @ Harbin Park One round of 24, Includes holes A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H (skip hole 14 & 15), 13's Tee to 14's basket, Long Tee position for 16 Player Early check in : 5:30P.M. to 7:00P.M. on Friday, September 6th at The Nati Pro shop in Mt.Airy OR Player check in 7:00A.M. to 8:00A.M Saturday, September 8th. at the Shelter by hole's 8,12 at Mt.Airy. Players meeting 8:15A.M. & Tee off at 9:00 A.M. on Saturday, September 8th.

Players meeting 8:15A.M & Tee off at 9:00A.M. on Sunday, September 9th at the Shelter by Hole 9's basket and the main parking lot. Players Pack and Payout All players will receive a dri fit shirt, shirts size are not guaranteed for those who register after 8/25th. In addition, AM players pack includes a disc, a Roc3 or Flat Top Roc of their choice. Quantities of both molds are limited so first come first serve*
110% payout to Amateurs in discs and prizes.
Minimum $500 added to Pro Divisions Payout. Trophy for 1st in all divisions.* Division must consist of a minimum of 4 players* Registration

This is a PDGA B-Tier Event, all players are to know, understand, and follow the PDGA Rules of Play. http://www.pdga.com/rules Non-PDGA membership fees apply Paypal has the added $2 service fee included to avoid confusion Field is capped at 90 players. Registration is open.

Online registration will close Friday September 6th at 10pm. Divisions (Must be at least 4 players for each division).
MPO - Open Men $65 MPM -
Open Men Master $55 FPO -
Open Women $55 MPG -
Men's Grandmaster $55 MM1 -
Advanced Master $45 MG1 -
Advanced Grandmaster $45 AM1 -
Advanced $45 AM2 - Intermediate $40
AM3 - Recreational $35 FA1 -
Advanced Women $35 FA2 -
Intermediate Women $35

Player Sponsorship Opportunities $10 Oversized Bag Tag, full tourney logo on front with GCFDA logo on back. MUST BE ORDERED BY AUGUST 28th at 9pm. by online registration only. All proceeds raised go directly to this year's event. If you want a tag but are not playing, please contact the Tournament Director. Hole / Tee sponsors : anyone that donates $25 or more will receive recognition of their generosity with a 12"x16" sign for the event to be displayed both days, and you may keep the sign for any future use. Cutoff for signs is August 28th by 9pm. Anyone that makes a donation of or above $100 will be added to the program and back of the shirts and receive a hole/tee sign. If you would like to help during the event as an assistant, spotter, photographer/video, setup crew or in anyway please contact your friendly Tournament Director Andrew Miller 513-602-0637, thank you.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:46:30 PM

Drew, the Ohio Disc Golf Hall of Fame would like to induct it's newest inductee's(Chuck Custer and Bill Griffith) on that Saturday. We are finalizing details as I type. Midge talked to Adam and I'm assuming it will be ok with you. We will have a catered dinner then the induction and would like for all that can stick around after the 2nd round to witness a piece of history right here in Cincinnati. Cost for the dinner will be approximately $10.00. You don't have to eat to be part of the festivities.
Congrats to Chuck and Bill.
norcalgolfer
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:56:18 AM

I'm coming to Cincy for the event from California. I haven't played either course. Trying to bring as few discs as possible. I'm wondering if either or both courses are roller friendly? Also, does The Nati Pro Shop sell the Legacy line of discs? Thanks.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:44:59 PM

Fred Salaz wrote:
Drew, the Ohio Disc Golf Hall of Fame would like to induct it's newest inductee's(Chuck Custer and Bill Griffith) on that Saturday. We are finalizing details as I type. Midge talked to Adam and I'm assuming it will be ok with you. We will have a catered dinner then the induction and would like for all that can stick around after the 2nd round to witness a piece of history right here in Cincinnati. Cost for the dinner will be approximately $10.00. You don't have to eat to be part of the festivities. Congrats to Chuck and Bill.

Local disc golfer Scott Erke is also getting inducted.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:50:05 PM

norcalgolfer wrote:
I'm coming to Cincy for the event from California. I haven't played either course. Trying to bring as few discs as possible. I'm wondering if either or both courses are roller friendly? Also, does The Nati Pro Shop sell the Legacy line of discs? Thanks.

Yes, we carry Legacy.  I roll quite a few holes at Mt Airy.  You don't really need a roller at Harbin but it depends on the length of the grass off the fairway.  Good luck.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:43:04 PM

FYI-For those who prefer to register for the Pig via cash; I will be at the Tuesday night event at Goshen this week taking sign ups.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013 10:04:25 PM

DrewMiller(RH) wrote:
FYI-For those who prefer to register for the Pig via cash; I will be at the Tuesday night event at Goshen this week taking sign ups.

Bump

FYI-Up to $700 in added cash.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:56:46 AM

Tomorrow is the cut off date to guarantee your shirt size. Every player will receive a dri-fit shirt, we will be ordering plenty but sizes maybe limited.

I will stop by the Nati tonight at Airy for anyone playing the Ace fund and would like to sign up for the Pig with cash.
$700 added cash and growing. Still have time for sponsors to get on the shirts, well, one more day.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2013 6:14:31 PM

Plenty of spots open but we just had more than 40 sign up in the last week at Sumac. Help your TDs ensure you get a shirt and pre-register at http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Events/FlyingPigOpen.aspx

Speaking of Sumac, I will be taking signups after the first and second rounds so if you plan on playing in the Pig and your playing in the Sumac like myself, save yourselves a couple of dollars and sign up in person tomorrow.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2013 12:29:34 PM

Registration Updated

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/103883/1088571905

Link to register is below, ensure you get the right size dri-fit and register today!!!

http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/flyingpig/
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:19:21 AM

Where is everybody? all waiting till the last day? Playing somewhere else? Pro`s?
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:27:42 PM

DrewMiller(RH) wrote:
Registration Updated http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/103883/1088571905 Link to register is below, ensure you get the right size dri-fit and register today!!! http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/flyingpig/

annouce Field is 39 and growing, help your TD's and pre-register via the link above.
Lingo1976
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:36:18 PM

The Nati will be running Friday night Random Draw Dubs this Friday at 5:30 $10...........come get some practice in for The Pig. We will be playing the Pig 18 hole layout!!! Mt. Airy
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2013 12:33:53 PM

DrewMiller(RH) wrote:
Registration Updated http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/103883/1088571905 Link to register is below, ensure you get the right size dri-fit and register today!!! http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/flyingpig/

46 Players Registered To Date, 4 In Open as it stands right now. We will be taking sign ups at Airy this evening.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 4:09:34 PM

Final Results are posted: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/103883/1088571905

Congrats to Cyrus Fuhrman on the 1st place win as well as the new Tournament Record for this beast of a layout.

Thanks to everyone that assisted and participated in this years event, there will be a follow up survey send to your e-mail address, your feedback on how we can make this a better event is greatly appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you next year!!!
peteb222
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 8:41:34 PM

wow awesome bob and mark dunn bagged there divisions big time...
brutalbrutus
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2013 8:44:50 PM

lol hmm I here a phrase come to mind something about black pots or kettles

thx guys for running great tourney
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 7:52:14 AM

Big thanks to all those that helped out, all the sponsors, volunteers, and you the players. We strive very hard to make this a great event and challenge you in many ways. The harder the test the better the rewards.  Congratulatuions to all of our winners.

Bagging comment: looks like no one was an actual bagger at this event, those two winners are playing in their expected divisions. If anyone wants to check it please follow this link for details on divisoinal requirements.   www.pdga.com/tour/standards#divisions-ratings-points-factors. Just because someone shoots very well and wins does not mean they should have played up a divison, let`s give more respect for those that played better please.

If anyone would like to be invloved with this event and help us plan for next year just let me know. we start working on that uhmm about now.
JRott
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 12:31:25 PM

I've played against Bob for about two years now and he played excellent golf and deserves the win. Had I played better I'd be right there with him, but I didn't, so I wasn't. I don't feel he's bagging at all. He is merely improving at a fast pace and has the right to finish out the year in his division. I hear some grumbling here and there and I for one defend him. I only wish it were me people were complaining about.
Congrats again Bob!
alex.e
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 12:38:58 PM

By the PDGA standards I wouldn't say Mark Dunn bagged at all...just a great weekend of golf for him, congrats Mark.
awesomebob
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:03:46 PM

Joe that is a very respectful post. I want to Ty for the kind remarks and the competition. I play this sport for different reasons than most. I have many friends, such as yourself joe that I love to play golf with. I am taking my time to move up, for the fact I have heard many stories how most moved up to quickly and they had much trouble in competing with the higher division. I am just trying to do it the right way and not move to fast and be more discouraged than fun. I want the fun factor first and foremost, but want to be competitive as well. I appreciate being talked about that just means that they are leaving others alone. I just wanna remind people I barely have 2 years in the sport I want to experience everything as an amateur before being serious about the sport. So I am doing it my way and not how others want me to. I want to be an ambassador and a leader for disc golf not a follower. I want to not regret anything I do, but rather say I did it my way with no regrets. Once again thanks a lot joe your very gracious and a great human being, and a friend that I enjoy playing rounds of golf with. Your a true class act.
902boland
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:33:00 PM

Such a grey area far as the "bagging" goes. I remember when I first started playing with several others who started at the same time. Some took off like lightning and became very good in a hurry and a few didn't. Give bob props for throwing down some good golf in a hurry. That's just how it is. The rating thing can also be a grey area as well. I'm 912 the last time I checked, so I guess I could play intermediate? Nottas
902boland
Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:36:31 PM

Also eat up advance while you can...once you enter the open division there are no "oops" or "take me backs". That stuff = no cash at the end of the day.