Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

THANK YOU Options
Jowsepi
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 8:20:28 PM

I started playing this game in April of this year. I have met a ton of people and have never met a negative one. I still remember playing my first round of doubles at Mt. Airy. Matt Nichols was my partner. We go to tee off on hole 1 and both of the players on the other team throw up and over the hill into the woods. Matt tells me to go first. I throw as hard as I can and I berely got to the bottom of the hill. I felt so horrible not only for myself, but for Matt that got stuck with me. He said no biggy and proceeded to throw. We went through the round and shot after shot of mine was horrible, while he carried me the entire way. Even with as horrible as I was Matt was able to play well enough that we won. I made like $3. He never once looked pissed or got upset with me. He just kept giving me tips and taught me etique along the way. Here I am now in November. I have played in a few tournaments, lots of doubles with the best players in Cincinnati, and believe it or not was even a TD of an Ace Race. I just want to say thank you for all of those ambassadors of this sport that have helped me in these first months without not once getting upset at a horrible throw I've made and instead helped me progress as much as I have.  I still have a lot to learn, but I am thankful that I picked up a sport where the community in it is as great as you guys and ladies.

Thanks,

Jowsepi
sisyphus
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:06:23 AM

I was about to start a Thanksgiving thread & remembered to search (I've got a minor pet peeve about unnecessarily starting new threads)...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hey everybody, it’s Thanksgiving, so I wanted to publicly acknowledge the folks who made it a fun year for me and so many others, playing disc golf here in the region. There are folks like my buddy Troy Ison, who will always volunteer to help out, to Kurt Lahm and his family, who volunteer so much time out at Osage Grove, to the guys who’ve run the seasonal leagues this year (Phil Miller & Dave Marlow). And when I thank the following list of Tournament Directors, they know I mean them and their buddies who help out without recognition. Thank you all for putting up with the community of disc golf nuts, no matter how we might behave. I for one, appreciate you all! Thank you, Dan Bayless, Holly Williams, Adam Jones, Tony Vincent, and the officers of the GCFDA, Jeff Melton, Sean Meier, Don Alexander, Jason Kerl, Fred Salaz & the guys at the ‘Nati, Paul Jay, HB Clark, Bill Griffith, Ken Rollins & Jerry Suiter. Those are the guys who hosted tourneys I made it to this year, but if I left anybody out, just know I thank you too!
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:43:30 AM

Thanks Jeff. It's because of people like you that make me want to continue to play this game we call disc golf. I also would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:26:52 PM

I'd also like to give thanks to all the disc golfers who support disc golf in this community in any way - customers at the shop, tournament players, club officers, club members, helpers and all my friends.
patrickmorgan12
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:53:18 PM

Thanks for putting on the events and having the disc golf shop open. I enjoyed going there and picking up some new plastic.