Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2014 Ice Bowl Krazy Series Options
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 5:39:53 PM

The club GCFDA, aka cincinnatidiscgolf.com and one other anonymous donor is pledging $1 per participant at each of the Ice Bowls. If you know of a business or anyone who would like to make a pledge let me know or have them contact me. We have set our goal at $4000 this year. Every little bit helps so spread the word to your family, friends, co-workers, business owners, etc. They wouldn't have to do them all, maybe just one of the Ice Bowls, or just sponsor you as a player. You can get creative. Tax deductible.  Let's make this an Ice Bowl Krazy Series that tops them all.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:54:16 AM

Well, the Ice Bowl weather seems to be leaving us by Saturday, so come on out all you Whimps and Whiners.  Saturday will feel like Summer!!
Zepledelin
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 10:44:42 AM

The sign up page looks good now. The mulligans can be purchased with the entry or separatelly. Can we also just stop at the store or signup the day of?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 10:57:56 AM

You can stop in the shop and sign up also. If paying with credit card the $2 processing fee applies. Cash, no fee. You can also sign up the day of the event. Pre-registration just helps both you and the staff so you don't have to stand in line, you can stay in a warm car or go out and practice a little longer. It's a little less work for staff the day of. If it would have been as cold Saturday as it is today, I would have engaged a day of fee of $2. I can't handle the cold like I used to. Sorry.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:27:08 PM

For those who might not be familiar with our Ice Bowls:

The Ice Bowl Krazy Series events are Charity events with a portion of the entry fees and the Mulligan fees going to Fairhaven Rescue Mission. We raised around $3250 last year, goal is $4000 this year.  It's a time for disc golfers to give back to their community. The club and some individual donors have also pledged $1 per player at each of the events - thanks so much. The club and Disc 'n Dat have co-sponsored this event for 18 years now.

Pre-registration helps both you and the organizers when putting on the event. You don't have to stand in line to pay and register, you just sidestep and let us know you're there. And when we are taking registrations day of it helps us not to have so many people to register, especially with the winter weather.

$22 Ams/$32 Pros online is for 1 event entry fee only, which $5 goes to Fairhaven, $2 goes to the Series, $1 goes to Ace Fund and $2 Paypal fee. The rest will be the payout for your division that day.  The $28/$38 fee includes 6 mulligans which you can use 3 per round at each event. It's an extra 3 throws per round to use whenever you want. Almost everyone gets the Mulligans and all that money goes to Fairhaven.  So, the $22/$32 or $28/$38 is per each event.

But you can purchase all four for $105/$145 and save $7 - this includes all the Mulligans.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can answer any other questions. Hope to see you on Saturday.  You can also come in to the shop to sign up if you like.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:16:51 PM

I've got some freezing pipes at home so have to close the shop. Back tomorrow morning. Sorry for any inconvenience.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 12:36:56 PM

Got some registrations coming in. You can check them out Boone Ice Bowl Registration List I've also got the Raffle tickets up online now. We'll be raffling off an Innova Discatcher Sport (metal basket) for $2 a ticket, 12 for $10. Proceeds will go to Fairhaven Rescue Mission. You can't win if you don't have a ticket. I'll also be adding to the raffle so you'll have plenty of prizes to win. Right now we have a First Run Atlas, 2013 Inbounds Disc Golf inFlight  Guide - guide with the ratings of all golf discs, 6 items of vintage Ice Bowl clothing, and more to come. The drawing for the raffle will be at the Ice Bowl Krazy Finale at Lincoln Ridge on 2/22/14. You don't have to be present to win the basket, however if you win the basket and want it shipped it will be $20 for shipping. All other prizes will be given out at the drawing.

I've got some 2014 Ice Bowl merchandise that I'll have for sale at Boone. If there is something that you would specifically like, I can probably order it to have at one of the later events. This year they have Ash and Metro Blue tee-shirts, Chocolate performance long sleeve tees, black long sleeve tees, grey pullover hoodies, black zippered hoodies and grey beanies. All have the 2014 Ice Bowl designs.  Most sizes should be available up to 3X but you will need to let me know soon. I didn't get any minis yet but probably will order some later if some people want them.

As for Ice Bowl discs I have SuperColor Buzzz, INNcolor Star Roc3, Z Nuke, DX Roc3, Blizzard Boss, Nova and Aviar Putters.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:33:15 PM

hey dan get a couple of the black 3x hoodies I will want one before the ice bowl season ends(  can we use the prize vouchers on them?) and  I know another guy that will probly want one
awesomebob
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 1:36:56 AM

Dan I tried to pre register and no luck is there a way I can send payment to you through paypal as I have funds in paypal account. I am not sure why it wont let me register through the link. if I can send it to you through paypal I will pre-register. I find it easier to use my funds from my paypal account. you may call me if you wish @ 513-923-6090 thanks.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 9:37:58 AM

Brutal - I can order the 3X - just need to know that you will take it. I ordered 3X last year because in previous years people said they wanted them. I just sold the 3X from last year at a very low price. That's why I am asking for pre-orders on them.

Awesome - yeah, just send it to discndat@fuse.net - Not sure why you're having problems - sometimes it is because of the browser you're using. But just send it to that address and include name, division, mulligans, tix, etc. Thanks. See you tomorrow.

discndat
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:15:38 AM

We will be playing the 20 hole format at Boone. After Hole 16, cross the road and throw to temp basket across the field by basketball court, throw from opposite corner of basketball court to the regular basket along the tree line, then throw a short one to temp basket by the restrooms and tee for 17.

Going to be a nice day so those people who have the cabin fever can come on out.  Maybe a little rain in the morning but clears up.

brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:30:29 AM

hey dan if you want to wait a bit b4 ordering one its cool it will give me time to get the cash together
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:36:53 AM

Brutal - Ok, we can talk tomorrow.
sisyphus
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 6:38:54 PM

Hey everybody, just walked Boone Woods this evening...bring plenty of towels to get the mud off your discs. It's not going to be icy for this bowl, but is will be soupy out there!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:18:34 AM

good morning sand baggers I call this meeting of baggers anomymous to order all those in attendance state your name

HI my name is brock and im a bagger haha good luck today everyone
sisyphus
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:32:43 PM

Awesome tourney today folks (Thanks Again, Dan!). We had a different kind of winter's day, folks got some real good high wind and mud disc golfing experience, and we're all ready to take on the rest of the folks in two weeks. Hope everybody makes it out to support Fairhaven. Some of us (ahem) will be easier to beat than others out at Harbin, so I know quite a few folks who need to join us for the fun. See you all on the 25th!
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 3:59:16 PM

Thanks to all who came out on Saturday. It was as Jeff said upstream, a muddy day at Boone and it became a little windy in the afternoon. Scores are up here on the website under the "Results" tab. We played the 20 hole format. If you see any errors let me know. Thanks again for all who came out and supported Fairhaven Rescue Mission. Thanks to Dave Hammers, CEO of Fairhaven, for coming out and talking to us. See you all at Harbin in a couple of weeks. I appreciate everyone who helped out.

Just got word we are approved for C Tier at Lincoln Ridge for the Ice Bowl Krazy Series Finale on 2/22/14.
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 4:56:57 PM

We will be having tourney headquarters at the shelter with the fireplace. When you go into the park keep going straight. It's over where the temp holes usually are. No, we aren't having temp holes Saturday. Bring some firewood.
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 8:53:02 PM

Hey Dan, wish I could bring some fire (!), but I'll probably just bring my usual game. Looking forward to it anyway! C'mon out everybody! In the spirit of the Ice Bowl Krazy Series: No Wimps, No Whiners, just winners out for a good cause.
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:55:42 PM

I'm going to try and head out Thursday afternoon to clear off some teepads. I'll be bringing a sled, salt and shovel. PM if you're interested in helping.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:18:49 AM

Thanks Phil and to anyone else who pitches in. If tees are still covered or in bad shape on Saturday we will be able to take relief. We'll make that decision on Saturday morn.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:21:24 PM

forecast for saturday 40-50% chance of light snow in the morning high of 31 with 15-25mph winds so make sure you bring gloves and dress warmly wind chill will be in the low teens probably

man harbin just gets horrible weather nearly ever year for this tourney
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:31:20 PM

Horrible weather?? This is an Ice Bowl. So it is perfect weather. Boone was a Mud Bowl. This "will" be an "Ice Bowl". Come one come all. Have a place by the fire....

Before tee off.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:41:23 PM

yea I guess it could be worse with the weather we've had lately
sisyphus
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:53:43 PM

Yeah, c'mon Brock! Saturday's shaping up to be the warmest day of the week! ;)