Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Support of UC DisCats Options
SamA
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 11:06:06 AM

All,

This is a follow up to the proposal I brought to the club at the 2/3/14 meeting.  The DisCats were formed in Sept. 2013.  I am their advisor at the University.  They have approximately 30 members and have participated in some local tournaments, doing very well in the recent 'Nati Freezer Bowl at Idelwild.  They intend to go to the National Collegiate Championships (4/16 - 4/20, www.ncdgc.com) in Georgia this year.  Because they are a new club, UC does not provide any funds for tournament participation.  They are in process of trying to raise funds for this trip. 

Both Disc n' Dat and The 'Nati agreed at the 2/3/14 meeting to provide some funds.  I will provide some myself.  I ask that the club provide some as well.  All organizations that provide funds will have their logo included on the T-shirts printed for the club and this event.

Both yearly trips to the NCDGC and frequent competitions with other local university/college teams are the prime focus of the DisCats.  Having a strong team at UC can only help our sport and the greater DG community in the area.

What say you?

There is a decent chance that any funds they raise will lead to some monies for the trip being provided by UC as well.

SamA
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 3:00:58 PM

The DisCats could not make it to the NCDGC this year due to schedule conflicts. They are already planning for next year.

A big thank you to this year's T-shirt sponsors:

GCFDA
Disc 'N Dat
The 'Nati
Sweetees

AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:54:03 AM

Shirts are in and I have them, just need a check and you guys can meet me for pickup......513-255-7275