Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Cedar Sentinels DGC @ County Farm Park Options
travelling_man
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:58:32 PM

I haven't been out to the course in over a week. Kind of burnt out on looking at it. I did some serious trimming on the right side of hole 12 (ridge). Steve Walker emailed me and said he ripped out some Autumn Olive trees on hole 16 making the right side of the fairway wider and behind hole 8's basket. He also found Ryan McMath's disc. Send me a message Ryan and I'll send you Steve's number. If I get bored this weekend, maybe some more crap will get trimmed.
sisyphus
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 9:51:01 AM

Greg, in case no one else mentions it, I want to make sure you know we DO appreciate everything you've done out there. It's an incredible amount of effort, and a real fun course to play. Thank you!

I hope folks will make the trip out regularly to help 'weather in' the course with foot traffic. Those who've seen Osage Grove get better and more manageable with traffic can appreciate the effect this has on 'civilizing' the rough.
travelling_man
Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:58:33 PM

Thanks Jeff! It's been a lot of fun, especially the day we finished the last three tee pads and went over to Dunham Rec Center to play a celebration round! There are some diehards playing the course (with long pants), and I hope this fall it gets pretty busy. Maybe this Saturday we will hit hole 13 hard.

The transformation Osage Grove made in a year was amazing! It is really a great place to play. While Cedar Sentinels will never be an Osage Grove, I expect the course to have way less weeds and more regular mowing next year. Maybe even a PDGA league. Building a course makes me appreciate all the work that went into other courses.

2017 (When the field comes off CRP): Parking Lot and Hole 18 "Tin Cup" shot! Either lay up or go for it across the water! That is the goal. I have a feeling a temporary parking lot is going to have to be squeezed in where the picnic table sits in the mean time.
travelling_man
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2014 9:17:28 PM

Huge thanks to Tony and Jimmy Vincent for cleaning up Hole 13 today! More trails got mulched and hole 10 got a makeover.