Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Questions and Issues about Leagues Options
Leagues
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 9:01:58 AM

Please post here about any questions or issues concerning the Wednesday night handicapped league.
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 11:42:14 AM

Fishnet shot a 19 at Winton
frizgolf
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 5:30:05 PM

How many aces?
frizgolf
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2003 5:34:37 PM

I see on the local course post he had one ace. Once shot 14 when I played it every day, one ace. Can't figure out how to duece 16.
pcaldwell
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2004 7:53:18 PM

The following is an email about Wednesday Night Leagues from Brian Sullivan, who has run the leagues for many years. He is handing off the duties to Dave Wright, due to his job travel. Thanks Brian, for your continued hard work making sure that leagues have continued without a hitch. If you know people who might be interested in playing leagues, let Dave know. I don't have an email for Dave right now, but I'll post it when I do. Meanwhile, posting here will serve as a communication medium.
(Brian Sullivan's email message):
First of all, thanks to Paul Leisring for handling the Summer League party while I was out of town (again). You all must have been enjoying the Spinners pies so much that you forgot to put together a sign up sheet for me. Or should I say for Dave Wright. Dave has confirmed his commitment to take over as the GCFDA League Director after all that training he got last year. THANK YOU DAVE. Some of you have already contacted me about Spring League sign-ups. If you haven’t done so, please reply soon. I am meeting with Dave this Saturday to sort things out for Spring. After all, Daylight Savings Time starts this Sunday. We might get a late start on the planning meeting (another week or two at worst) due to some confusion with the GCFDA regarding who will be running leagues. You may have seen an announcement in the February newsletter about Drew Miller taking over as league director, but I understand that his interest is in starting up a new ‘play for cash’ league similar to a format that he played in Michigan. Hopefully that won’t conflict with our traditional Wednesday night league.

If anybody with a good/excellent understanding of Excel would like to volunteer for scorekeeper training, please let me know. Dave will soon find out that running the leagues in addition to scorekeeping is a lot of work. Email access is a big benefit as well since Paul Dumont will continue to keep the club’s 1st class web site up to date with league results IF the scorekeeper will feed him the data in a timely fashion.

Brian

P.S. I’ve had a lot of emails over the Winter months from ‘newbies’ who are interested in leagues. Please do your best to accommodate new players who are looking to our league format to transition into a more disciplined approach to disc golf.

pcaldwell
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 7:33:58 PM

Spring League kickoff meeting is Wednesday, April 14th. I talked to the new Wednesday night league director, Dave Wright last night, and he said his hard drive blew up on his computer and has been unable to post the details about this Spring's Leagues. He said the meeting will be Wednesday. I'll talk to him this weekend, if he's not at Boone tomorrow, and get the rest of the information (like where?)to you leaguers.
dswright
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 10:57:10 AM

That's right Petey! Thanks for backing me up while I fixed my mess. There will be a meeting Wed night, April 14, at 6:15 at Burnett Woods for leagues. It will also be the deadline to sign up for spring leagues. The meeting will be brief to discuss some formatting issues and the course schedule. League play will begin the following week. Anyone wanting to play, please let me know by the aforementioned deadline. David Wright.
pcaldwell
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 6:15:14 PM

Due to the short deadline, it is imperative that the message board readers try to spread the word as best as possible. If you know any players who want to play (don't have to be GCFDA members, I believe) let them know immediately.
PaulDmt
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 4:23:21 AM

Summer league meeting this evening 6:30 at Burnet Woods. League play starts next week. Looks like about 18 people will be playing.
PaulDmt
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 4:21:41 AM

Summer leagues are over! League get-together tonight at Boone 6:30pm. CASUAL doubles and league party.
Phil Miller
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 12:12:42 PM

It's not really just a mens league...we actually have 2 women who play also. But unfortunately yes...GCFDA sponsored leagues are over until next spring. But if you give me or the admin here your email we will make sure that you are contacted in advance of the first meeting to plan spring leagues. We are always excited about getting new people to come out and play.
DWright
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2005 1:03:33 PM

Reminder: Time is flying by so those intersested in spring leagues should mark their calendars. Signup deadline is Sunday, April 3 (beginning of daylight savings time). Please contact myself, David Wright, for additional info.
DWright
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:27:31 PM

That's right, contact me, David Wright, dswright_95@hotmail.com. Spots are filling up and we still want more.
DWright
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:07:29 PM

League meeting for Spring League 2005 will be 6:30 at Burnet Woods, April 6. Meet at the shelter between holes 6 and 7. We will draw partners from "A" and "B" players and then decide on the course schedule. I don't need to tell you to bring your discs for some holes after the meeting. We have an average number of sign-ups but several new players wanting to qualify. David Wright
DWright
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 9:11:10 PM

All current league players and any qualifiers wanting to play summer league need to get signed up and notify me, David Wright. The sooner you get signed up, the better idea I have on how many will be playing. Thanks.
bkaplan10
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2005 1:24:16 PM

Is the summer league starting on Wednesday?

Kool Keith
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:29:48 PM

I'm interested in checking out the leagues. From what I've read, since I've never played in the leagues before, I have to show up to leagues for probationary period before I can join? Right?

Anyway - I usually play with a group of fellas on Wednesday nights up @ Mt. Airy, but I'm going to try to get out of it this week and stay at my home course, Highland Hills, and see what it's all about. I'm pretty competitive, but still learning the game - is this the Wednesday night Handicap league the place for me???

Anyways, hope to see you guys on Wednesday @ HH.

-Keith
PaulDmt
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 11:01:18 AM

Leagues have one of our larger turnouts in quite some time - 24 people signed up for summer. Ladies are welcome to join as well and there are currently two playing. It all evens out with the handicapping.

Kool Keith, yes there is a sort of probationary period. Leagues require you to show up at least three times. This is mostly done to get a base average but also shows you are committed to playing.
Kevin V.
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 10:36:27 PM

Anyone know if the league will be held in the pouring rainy forcast tomorrow at Miami Whitewater? Just curious...
bkaplan10
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:38:05 AM

will league be held tonight?
TheBestKeith
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:49:33 AM

I know I'm showing up....It could be snowing and I'd still be there.
bkaplan10
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:48:13 AM

Well, I've got a 45min to 1 hr drive to get to Miami Whitewater and I'd rather not drive all the way out there to have league cancelled tonight
DWright
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:03:17 AM

Leagues are always on. I don't like playing in the rain but lightning is the only thing that can cancel them. For those that are new, this has always been the policy. See you tonight. Remember the 3 pirate allowance. Some people may want to use one tonight. David Wright
bkaplan10
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:58:21 AM

I'll be there, but, there's no way I'll be able to get to Whitewater by 6:30, I don't get off of work until 6. 
Blotz
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 1:05:01 PM

I'll be there... with galoshes if neccessary