Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Questions and Issues about Leagues Options
Kevin V.
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:28:14 PM

Let Paul L. know that I will not be able to make it tonight. I need to get tires put on my car and am not taking a chance on getting a flat driving that far in the rain.

Thanks,
P. Kevin Vicars
DWright
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 7:57:11 PM

Spring is fast approaching. Be sure you're signed up for spring league. Sign up deadline is Sun 4/2/06. The league meeting is the following Wed. at a location TBD. Contact David Wright for all your GCFDA league needs!
DWright
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 7:57:31 PM

Spring is fast approaching. Be sure you're signed up for spring league. Sign up deadline is Sun 4/2/06. The league meeting is the following Wed. at a location TBD. Contact David Wright for all your GCFDA league needs!
DWright
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 7:24:06 PM

Spring league meeting is at Burnet Woods, Wed. 4/5/06, around 6:15-6:30, at the shelter by the playground. It is not mandatory for those signed up to play but it is when we will vote on league schedule and get paired up with partners. We have a higher than average amount of players signed up for spring. It will be fun as usual! See you there! David Wright
DWright
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:04:33 PM

As a reminder, spring is not too far off. David Wright is taking sign ups for spring league. All are welcome.
bobherb
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:16:54 PM

Way to go David.
Your volunteerism is appreciated by many, I am sure!!!
Leagues are a great way to introduce newbies to the game and get seasoned players back in form.
DWright
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:02:06 PM

I am looking for suggestions from league members when they would like to begin Spring League. Due to the early time change this year (3/11/07), league could begin earlier in the season. However, this also subjects us to colder temps. It could possibly open up time for a Fall League on Wednesday nights this year. A couple of league members suggested to have the league meeting the last week in March with competition beginning the 1st week in April. For reference, the league meeting last year was the 1st Wednesady in April with competition starting the following Wednesday. I will look for suggestions soon so I can notify all league members and qualifiers within a reasonable amount of time when we will begin. Thank you, David.
bkaplan10
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:16:57 AM

Dave, i say we start as early as possible, as a fall league would definitely be awesome if we can make it work.
TheBestKeith
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 11:46:07 AM

I agree with KapGun. Wednesday fall leagues would be sweet. Start it up ASAP is my vote.
dg03
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 2:18:18 PM

I agree that the sooner we can start, the better. And if it frees up a few more weeks at the end to add a fall season (even an abbreviated one), that's great. As long as daylight allows for play, I don't mind if it's cold early in the season.
Whether or not we could do a fall season will also depend upon the number of people who participate in the league, given the league format and how the schedule demands that each team play every other team.
I'm looking forward to getting my butt kicked again, so let's get started!
DWright
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:05:14 AM

2007 GCFDA SPRING LEAGUE INFORMATION

Based on league member responses, the 2007 GCFDA Spring League meeting will be Wednesday March 21, Burnet Woods, 6:15 P.M., at the playground/shelter. Play will begin the following Wednesday (3/28/07). Based on the average 10 team league (1 meeting, 9 weeks play, 1 party), this will allow time for a Wednesday night Fall League without a week to spare. The meeting is not mandatory. Teams and schedule will be determined. I will email all league members and qualifiers the schedule.

Deadline for Spring League signup is Saturday, March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day). This gives me time to organize players and averages for the meeting. There are still several players from last year that I have not heard from! Players never playing in league before must qualify to compete in leagues. Contact me if you have any questions. David Wright.

KD-101
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:09:17 AM

Hello, this is Kindra, Hank's daughter. I lost your number and Hank did not get to call you. He is going to be coming on Wednesday. I hope it is not to late. I think he was contacting someone today to try and find your number. If you want to email it to me that would be great. Thanks, Kindra
DWright
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 9:18:56 AM

Kindra,

Hank left a message with me, no problem. Please give me your email so I can send you all the league information. Please email to dswright_95@hotmail.com

Thank you. David
DWright
Posted: Friday, March 23, 2007 7:25:30 PM

Here is the 2007 GCFDA Spring League schedule and your chance to qualify for summer league if you have not already:

March 28 Winton Woods
April 4 Woodland Mounds
April 11 Embschoff
April 18 Boone Woods
April 25 Heritage Park
May 2 Highland Hills
May 9 Harbin Park
May 16 Banklick Woods
May 23 A.J. Jolly
May 30 Mt. Airy
June 6 Idlewild (shorts)

Everyone is welcome. Handicapped format. Players must qualify by playing a minimum of 3 weeks so I can fairly place you by skill level among the other players. Please let me know if you have any questions. David
DWright
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2007 5:34:59 AM

Week 3 of spring league was rained out. The week will be made up at Embshoff on Wednesday, 6/13/07. Let me know if you have any questions. David Wright
discndat
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:44:38 AM

:palm Rained out! What's with you guys? We had ten people out at Banklick who played thru sun, rain, hail and saw a double full rainbow. Beautiful!!
DWright
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:15:33 AM

We did have a good showing despite the forecast. The lighting was too close. Unfortunate b/c there were some good scores after the 1st 9. The rainbow was just as nice in Delhi. The good news is we'll get to hit the 19th hole again at Maloney's. More than half of league usually makes it there!
Gusky
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 12:42:06 PM

I've seen some disc golf discs by Aerobee. Has anybody tried these? Are they any good?
dg03
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 11:15:05 PM

I received n Aerobie Putter/Aproach for Christmas last year. It felt weitd from the start, and I don't have anything good to say about it. I'm a terrible putter, but this disc only made me worse.
As an approach disc, I wil say that it always stuck right where I through it, never rolling or skipping away from the target...
cwitherow
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 7:18:35 AM

I'm really interested in playing in a league. I've never had the time due to the fact that I've always worked nights. I now work only days and am wondering if it's too late to play in the spring league. I'm not sure what I would have to do in order to qualify for a summer league either. Also what is the cost to join these leagues and what time do you guys meet up?
Thanks
Casey
bkaplan10
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 8:20:50 AM

Casey, you can come out to qualify for free. You just need to play 3 weeks during spring league to get an average and be qualified for summer league. Next Wednesday is at Harbin in Fairfield. c'mon out!
DWright
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:40:20 PM

Casey,

Give me your email and I can email you additional information such as the league format, fees, schedule, etc... Everyone in league has a great time and it is a good way to improve your game. As Kaplan pointed out, you need to get 3 rounds in with the spring league to qualify for summer and there are only 6 weeks left in spring league. "Qualify" means you come out with the spring league so I can get you an average to fairly place you among the other players once the next league begins.

David
DWright
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 4:51:50 PM

Summer League sign-ups have begun. The sign-up deadline is Saturday, June 23. There are still 5 weeks left in spring league for those of you that need to qualify, schedule is below. I will be sending out an email with the summer league schedule for those that want to qualify during summer league in order to play fall league or a league next year. All information will be posted here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Remaining spring league schedule
5/16 - Banklick
5/23 - AJ Jolly
5/30 - Mt Airy
6/6 - Idlewild
6/13 - Embshoff

David Wright
DWright
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:19:25 AM

Summer League sign ups are over. Schedule will be posted next week for those wishing to qualify for future fun-time leagues. David
DWright
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:25:52 AM

Spring League was a success, thank you to all who played. Congrats to Paul Dumont and Eric Brass (1st), Phil Miller and Brent Arrowsmith (2nd) and Ben Keith and Brad Pio (3rd). Summer League meeting will be at Burnet Woods, 6/27, starting around 6:15, shelter b/w 6 and 7. I will email the schedule to all players and post it here. We have 30 people signed up for summer. David