Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Questions and Issues about Leagues Options
T_Vincent
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:08:36 PM

You know embsoff is used for the party often, and two weeks in a row at the same place I do not think would fly with this crowd. Besides, we will be playing at Cincy State next week. Speaking of parking, did you park in one of thier lots, or did you find a better place?

As for Fall, We have not decided.
Erik
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2009 1:07:12 PM

In leagues we parked on the street. There is a side street next to the funeral home with lots of parking available. There were also many spots to park on central parkway too. The walk up there is not too bad, just play 8 and 9 on your way up to hole 1.

Also, they made a few changes since we last played there. This should help with how many cars Phil Miller and Eric Brass will hit. lol

Hole No. 2. - The two big blue spruce trees are mandatory right (to keep throws out of No. 4's tee area.)

Hole No. 3 - The first tree is a mandatory left to eliminate thoughts of going right and over the parking lot.

Hole No. 4 - The small tree 40' ft. in front of the tee is a mandatory left

Hole No. 5 - The trees on the top near the basket create a mandatory left. Eventually I'll get a mandatory sign by the leftmost tree,

Hole No. 6 - Moved the tee pad back along the gaurd rail another 100 ft. or so (can't remember right now) making it a +400 ft. hole.

Hole No. 8 - Moved the alternative tee pad back to the sidewalk along Central Parkway just to the south of the pedestrian bridge over the road

http://surgediscgolf.com/default.aspx

As for fall leagues, I am hearing mixed opinions… If Wednesday evening is not working for people anymore why not switch it back to Saturday or Sunday. After all, Fall leagues used to mean 10 am tee off on Sunday and travel further distances like Miami Oxford, Cabin Creek, Dayton courses, Columbus courses, and Lexington. I am sure many would want to carpool and do this!
Brad_H
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 3:47:42 PM

Is we gunna play 2nite? Where?
DWright
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 4:39:18 PM

Cinti State, Make up week from our rain out in week 8.
Erik
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:47:08 AM

Erik wrote:
As for fall leagues, I am hearing mixed opinions… If Wednesday evening is not working for people anymore why not switch it back to Saturday or Sunday. After all, Fall leagues used to mean 10 am tee off on Sunday and travel further distances like Miami Oxford, Cabin Creek, Dayton courses, Columbus courses, and Lexington. I am sure many would want to carpool and do this!

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Erik
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:26:06 AM

Looks like we will be starting this Sunday for fall leagues. If interested contact DrewMiller(RH) for the details.  We still have not made a schedule and should be firming that up early this week.
nuothe11th
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 8:39:13 PM

Will there be a sub-forum for the Sunday leagues?
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:30:26 PM

Not that I know of. We only have 8 people. We are having a 6 week league.

The Schedule is as follows:
WK 1: Idlewild
WK 2: Gully
WK 3: Pike Lake
We are skipping a week because of the Pig.
WK 4: Sycamore Trails
WK 5: AJ Jolly
WK 6: MT. Airy

Come out and join us if you want. Tee Off is at 10:00. Yhe 19th Hole will be decided after each round.
nuothe11th
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 3:03:53 PM

Ok. I'm going to be a qualifier this season so I'll go to what I can. David knows im interested and I sent a message to Drew but no reply. Is next sunday (the 4th) week 1 or 2?
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:25:07 AM

Drew here, no messages in my inbox, did you send it to my personal e-mail or text me? Let me know, especially if it's a PM (wouldn't be the first time i haven't gotten a message on this site). To qualify for Spring, you just need to make it to three weeks. The 4th is week 2, at Gulley. October 11th at Pikes Lake, no play the 18th, 25th is Sycamore Trails, Nov 1st is AJ, and the 8th of November is Mt. Airy.
nuothe11th
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:59:32 AM

I clicked your name in erik's message and clicked email instead of PM.
mikekem
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:31:13 AM

I'd like to remind everyone that if you're email is incorrectly put in the form you filled out during sign up you will never receive those emails or pm reminders. Several people come to mind that don't have correct emails. If you ever get a PM but didn't get an email notification then chances are your email is in the system wrong.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:29:59 PM

Okay, validate my e-mail and it's correct. Selected e-mail on my last post, and it worked. Selected the link and it worked. I have received two PM notices in the past but this is the second report of somone sending me a message which I never received...
mikekem
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:20:28 PM

Don't know what to tell you. The system tries several times to send the email and if it is undeliverable it is dropped. Just tested it and it works fine for me.
DanH
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 9:00:52 PM

Spam filter catching it?
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:41:05 PM

Does it get logged anywhere? Can you tell if the system attempted or succeeded in sending a message?
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:24:22 AM

What email address the message sent to. To you or from you to someone else and approximately when?

mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:36:55 AM

Drew, there are three accounts on the system that have the same or similar name as you. Perhaps people aren't selecting the correct user when trying to email you. I have seen no failures of emails directed towards your email.

[edit]  I did find this one from awhile ago. It looks like your email is different since then though.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail1.dexaweb.com.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

**********999@*******.com>:
**.**.**.120 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Giving up on **.**.**.120.

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

[/edit]

DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:31:19 PM

Cool, thanks for doing the research. As long as my current e-mail is working we are all good. That's better service then I get from people that are paid to provide technical support.....thanks mike.
devilsfan.john
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 10:22:22 PM

Drewcifer,
Hey I see you guys are supposed to be a Pike Lake this coming Sunday (10/11). Got room for one more?
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 11:55:55 PM

Yes, meet at Target in Milford at 8:30, we'll car pool from there. But i have to warn you, Erik and I have to settle a debate between which Alice N Chains album is better, Facelift or Dirt.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 9:40:01 PM

Sycamore Trails this coming Sunday

Directions: I-75 to 725 East, exit Miamisburg-Centerville Rd. east 1 mile past 1 light, down to bottom of hill, left on Heincke Rd. Entrance to park on immediate left, may have to go up Heinke and pull a u-turn because of traffic at entrance.

As soon as you turn left on Heincke Rd park entrance is immediately on left, as the directions state it maybe be easier to go up Heincke and turn around.

Course layout is not intuitive, visit link below and print out a map. This is a great course, you don't want to miss this one....

http://www.daytondiscgolf.org/images/downloads/Sycamore_Trails_DGC.pdf
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 5:09:32 PM

Mt.Airy tomorrow, final session for fall and despite my broken left foot, I WILL be playing. See you guys out there.
Valet
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 9:11:24 PM

Newbie...when does the wed night league start at Banklick? I know I'll be giving my cash and probably screwing whoever draws me as a partner, but anything else I need to know? Do I need glow discs? Or just bring my money? Do we play all 24? Only 18? (and should I just stay home?)
discndat
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:15:34 AM

The Wednesday Night Doubles/Ace Fund goes on every Wednesday of the year at 6 p.m. Right now you do need some glow lights for your discs. We have them at Disc 'n Dat or Jeff will have some available there on Wednesday. I know it's late for this week but just so you know, every Wednesday at 6. You should definitely go out and play - it's a lot of fun, a lot of good people and they will help you out with your game. They're always glad to see a new player. We were all new at one time - well except for maybe Climo and I think he was born a seasoned pro. bow  They usually play 18 in the Winter, playing the "old 18" minus the creek holes (14 & 15) and then playing the 2 "bowl holes" (22 & 23)
Just get out there and play. Also, we have New Years Day tourney coming up at Winton and the Icebowls.