Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Issues & questions Options
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:13:05 AM

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error in string in query expression ''Anybody out there want to try GUTS? It'', [lastposterstatus]=1, [lastposteranonymous]=0, [lastactivity]=#7/25/2006 10:10:37 AM# where [forumid]=8;'.

/forum/thread-post.asp, line 726
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:15:41 AM

Ran some cleanup jobs, seems to be acting better now.
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:50:23 AM

A spammer tried to signup multiple times this morning to advertise gambling sites... DENIED! DENIED! Get that crap OUTTA HERE. XXX
Discgolfkid
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2006 7:46:51 PM

I'd like to sound like I'm not complaining, but...

The directions to get to Colerain/Heritage are apparently aimed at Kentuckians, and they make it sound as if you have to take the highway to get there.

Could seperate directions for northerners be posted somehow (this is aimed for any other courses that may have only highway directions)?

Although it is nice to know that if you keep going on river road, you'll magically find a disc golf course that you thought would be too far away to get to. Thanks.

Craig
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:27:39 AM

Most course directions are done this way. So when it goes in the PDGA course directory or somebody from out of town gets them off of our website they can find the course.
Discgolfkid
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 5:26:25 AM

I think the most confusing part about this is that East Miami River road is first Nilles and then turns into River road.

Couldn't some sort of local directions be posted as a secondary to the highway ones?

bobherb
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:31:52 AM

Try this link. You can zoom out/pan until you recognize a familiar street(s) and make up your own route. Or, you can use the existing websites' zoom in tools on the course list map, along with the text directions, of course.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=day+rd+at+east+miami+river+road&csz=cincinnati%2C+oh&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=
cstradling24
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:58:32 PM

Hey I have a few questions and I am kind of a newbie.

I am somewhat new to disc golf thanks to one of my friends and we play all the time. We are just beginners and have been trying many of the courses. I have noticed that some of the picture you have of the tees are older and I was wondering if you would want me to just start taking a camera with me and snapping some pictures to send to you then you could simply pick which ones need to be updated if you don’t agree with mine. A few of the mile estimates are also off so I could also email you them when I go to different courses. The main reason I am asking if you would like me to do this is that I was amazed a site for disc golf exists and I would like to try to help with the upkeep of it.

Something I would like to see that’s not on the pages now would be the addresses incase someone were to want to Mapquest it instead. I have a hard time finding a few addresses online and for a couple I couldn’t find an address. Just some thoughts.

If you need help with anything please let me know. Thanks

Chad
berto
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:05:29 PM

how do you post a new topic/ thread ? how do i ad a pic to my profile? ...... a little help.......
cstradling24
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:13:19 AM

To post a new thread there are buttons up at the top of the screen in the middle labeled actions, when you found the forum you want to post in just click post then you can post a new thread. To add to your profile click the settings button up at the top right of your screen then click edit profile. Hope this helps.

Chad
STEVO
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 9:04:56 AM

You wield a mighty cyber-sword, Paul.
DISCfunctional
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 5:01:03 PM

PAUL KICKIN SOME CYBER ASS!!!!
NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 8:42:01 AM

The snow flakes on the front page are pretty cool.
bkaplan10
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:02:06 AM

Yeah, they're a nice touch. 
Discgolfkid
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 3:46:00 PM

Yes, they are quite nice. I also like the updated snowy picture by the poll button. Now all we need is some real snow!
bobherb
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 3:59:19 PM

Have you played in the snow?
WE does not include me when it comes to wanting snow.
There is a reason Tiger Woods and the boys do not play golf in Winter conditions.
I played in the Winter when I was younger and not so wise. Sometimes it made me ill untill April!!!
No wimps allowed at Ice Bowls - that is fine by me!!!
Discgolfkid
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 4:13:55 PM

Snow surely beats out the rain we've been having. I'm going to be cold anyway, and I've never played in the snow so it would be a new experience. I can't play in the first ice bowl, so hopefully it will snow for the new ones.
bobherb
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:15:39 PM

You can have that snow, Russell.
Please take pictures, I enjoy looking at them but not "experiencing" the actual bone chilling "FUN" of being there any more - I used to, though.
I played in Columbus one time in the '90's at Hoover. There were drifts over 2 feet deep. It was..........memorable!
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2006 5:07:54 AM

Website changes
I am pleased to announce some changes to the message board.

1) A suggestion was made to allow our users to "Hide" other users of their choice from their view and their view alone. This will be evident when viewing a message.

2) It used to be that all buttons were visible to someone on a message regardless if they had the right authority to use that button. They couldn't necessarily use it but it was visible nonetheless. Now, you will only see those buttons that you can use. Everyone will be able to "Reply", "Quote", and "Hide User". If you posted the message yourself or are a moderator somewhere on the board, the "Edit" & "Delete" buttons will be available.

3) A rough first draft of a user guide is available from the main menu (Currently called "Rules"). This is still being modified and nothing is set in stone.

4) Additonal pictures from Mike Kemner were added to the Monroe and Turtlecreek pages. Thanks Mike!

Comments?
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 8:44:20 AM

Is the website one hour off? (for instance it is 10 am right now - post shows 11 am) Can we fix that? thanks
NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:33:18 AM

Liz, you can change the time for yourself.  Go to settings, edit profile, time offset.  You can make it any time you want.  For me, it's midnight right now.  I need to get to bed.
bkaplan10
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:33:36 PM

Hey Paul. I just noticed a bit of a doozy. I was on the main board and saw to the right that Fred had added a comment to the banklick thread, so, I clicked on the link. It took me to page 6, which had no comments. Fred's comment was on page 4 of the thread. So, it looks like multipage threads may have extra empty pages. I clicked on the mt. airy thread and it took me to the last page, which was also blank and I had to go back 1 page to get to the comments.
chief32
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:24:57 PM

Paul almost every time I log on, I'm not showing up as being online. I think it has only shown me 2 times and it took a long time to show.
Administrator
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:56:59 AM

Kapgun, the page thing should be ok now. I ran a "reindexing" feature which appears to have straightened that out.

The calendar entries are migrated.

Today button is back :band1

Attachments are working :band2

Issues list:
User online list updating has a lag?
Removing the owner from the calendar entry (serves no good purpose)

:bonkhead
Discgolfkid
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:07:21 PM

Yea the today button is back! Great work, Paul! I also received my PDGA membership stuff in the mail today; it's pretty cool stuff!