Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Issues & questions Options
Rob J
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:26:03 AM

Now that Fred has a Pro Shop and online store, shouldn't www.theNatiDiscGolf.com get its own forum area like Disc n Dat has for Fred's tourneys and anything theNatiDiscGolf.com related? 

discndat
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:10:24 AM

Actually, I respectfully request that the Disc 'n Dat forum area be taken down. The sport of disc golf is growing and the club continues to grow. If the club allows a forum area for each and every place that sells discs we wouldn't have much room for anything else and I don't think members want to see that. We have advertising available on the front page and the club is doing a good job of seeking more advertising for the site. There was a time when I think that having a forum was ok for us and appropriate. With the growth I think not now. There are enough forums for us to announce our events and forums to discuss new discs and equipment without Disc 'n Dat having it's own forum area. Just my opinion.

13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 2:53:50 PM

Um .. hard drive space is not really that hard to supply.. epically in the forum format .. I would hope DanH could spare enough server space for just about everyone to have their own forum. Just my 2 cents.
DanH
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:02:08 AM

Yeah, hard drive space is not an issue. But in the interest of organizing the forums to make the most sense and be efficient for viewing (and at Dan's request), I've made a couple changes.

"Informal Events" was mainly being used for weekly events, so I've just renamed it to "Weekly Events". Now we have a dedicated place for all the chatter about weekly ace funds, bag tags, etc.

And I've renamed the "Disc N Dat" forum to "Other Events" for anything that falls outside of CCS, PDGA's, and weekly events such as Ice Bowls, DayGlos, fund raising events, etc.

For the viewer, I think it makes more sense to see events categorized this way rather than by who is running them. Because the average golfer cares more about the type of event rather than who is running it.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:00:45 AM

Good job Dan. You stated what I was trying to but mine didn't come out very good. Thanks
bobherb
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:57:20 PM

No two ways about it, DanH is an excellent communicator. annouce
Also, he's handy on the website  idea  and he even uses proper grammar in his explanations!!!  thumbsup
Nothing like a great volunteer...
We thank you DanH.  bow
alexh
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:20:39 PM

Yeah, he is! His wife taught him how to be laugh
PaulDmt
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:01:51 AM

Hello, this isn't of great concern but worth reporting. I noticed that after trying to edit an existing post that it cuts off after about 1000 characters when submitting the edit. Didn't have any odd characters in that area.
DanH
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:23:40 AM

I am unable to reproduce it. I tried copying and pasting some news articles well over 1000 characters, editing the post, pasting more, and submitting.

Maybe the word replace feature was eating the rest of your post because of a bad regular expression for some specific word you used. Do you have a reliable way to reproduce it, Paul? If so, let me know. You can email me the actual text if it's something specific that triggers it. Thanks.
Liz
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:23:20 PM

How do you add an album to the photo gallery?
mikekem
Posted: Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:52:36 PM

You need to be setup by an admin in order to have privileges to create and upload albums. I can setup those who request the access with in reason. However, room on the server isn't infinite so I can't get everyone access.