Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course in Green Township Options
PaulDmt
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 4:37:22 AM

In yesterdays Cincinnati Enquirer 12/30, page B3, there is a short article "Consultants to study parks, devise plan" talking about Green Township hiring a consulting company to "make suggestions about what the township needs - for example, more baseball and soccer fields, a walking trail, a skate park or a Frisbee golf course". Nice that its going to be considered no matter what ultimately happens. The article goes on to mention recently 34 acres of purchased park land off Reemelin Road.

For those of you that don't know where Green Township is, it's roughly where 74 & 275 meet to North Bend road and 275.
frizgolf
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2004 4:41:22 PM

I've been to this park for Taste of Green Township. From the scale on Mapquest, it looks to be about 1 million sqare feet, or about 21 1/2 acres. I know it has about 6 ballfields, but I've not seen the nature trail. Would disc golf be compatible with a nature trail? From my experience in Great Seal Park near Chillecothe, the two don't mix well. The golf course there coincides with a number of hiking trails. We played in October, and the trails were quite busy, resulting in a few delays waiting for groups of hikers (lots of children) to move on. Some had no idea what we were doing. We didn't mind explaining ourselves to the adults, but the kids were just running around having fun. It comes off as arrogance telling people their children may be in harm's way if they should be hit by a disc. We in the GCFDA would be happy to give input for course design if, indeed, there is room in this park for nine holes.
bkaplan10
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2004 10:22:53 PM

Hey Paul,

Has there been any more word about the Green Township Park? 

PaulDmt
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 5:18:19 AM

Nope. I have not heard anything, nor am I aware of any sort of park planning meetings.
Administrator
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2007 6:41:39 AM

The Enquirer recently reported that Frisbee Golf is in the plans for a future Green Township park near Reemlin road. This is the same info we heard a couple years back. I think the question is when will the work on this park start!

cry