Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Mt. Airy Options
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 5:06:18 PM

FYI= I met with Larry and Lou about upcoming projects and work days. Materials are being ordered, and Lou is really looking forward to helping us hand in hand on Work Days with his people to man the chainsaws and other equipment.

As I look at the weather for this weekend, I wanted to do something on Sunday yet if it rains then no. I can't do Saturday due to competing in the Riney B skins. I would like to hear how many folks are willing to come out this weekend on Sunday and help out so I can give Lou a call by Wednesday and have him schedule his people to help also. In case anyone hasn't heard, any and all honeysuckle in Mt. Airy will be removed by the Park dept. So please don't get to attached to it. It will make the park look surprisingly better and then we can actually get new tree's and shrubs and other things growing in their place.

Work Day Sunday with myself and the Park Dept.
Or could be possible on Saturday if enough want to then, I can delegate someone to oversee for me.
Time: might try a bit earlier 9am-12 with a lunch afterward.
Please let me know how that sounds guys. post or PM or even call me. its all good
More to come soon
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:54:23 PM

bump
mikekem
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:26:41 PM

I can help on Sunday.
Lingo1976
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:11:19 PM

If I can get someone to cover my shift at work I will be there. Adam I will be up there on Thursday afternoon if you'd like to get in a round.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:35:10 PM

Jason, i may be able to see ya thursday, best if ya can call me and chat about when (513-255-7275). I should be done with work by 2pm. at the latest, if its still muddy like it might be, then I will not be playing any rounds but I will throw drives and approaches for practice,  I am really starting to get upset when I see people playin there in or after bad weather. We all see what it can do and how long it takes for the course to recoup if any. Looks like I should have 4-5 peeps and growing for Sunday and I will contact Lou in the morning to let him know and schedule his crew to join us. They have no problem doing overtime on the weekends. Weather is gonna be cold but trust me I was shedding clothes last time and it was colder then. All ya may need is proper clothing and a good pair of gloves. I used to have a bunch for this but someone borrowed em all and hasn't returned them. Lunch afterward, may take ya's to Walts Bar-B-Que, always a good choice or which ever place the group wishes. If it warms up and turns to rain then we will postpone for better weather.

I can show ya where I go to throw, its no where near the course but still at Airy. Nice and quite and usually no one around for distractions.

Thanks guys and ciyas soon
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:47:35 PM

Ok peeps. Things are a go for Sunday.
Time= 9am till 12
Meet at parking by Hole 1
Bring gloves and dress for the cold
Lunch will be provided afterward

Thanks and ciyas soon
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:22:35 PM

Just in case anyone was wondering....Yes we are still on for Sunday. Ciyas there
Lingo1976
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 12:18:28 AM

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to get off work tomorrow to join you all at Airy tomorrow, or today since it is after midnight. Anyway have fun.

AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:39:28 AM

Its all good J, give me a call or I'll callya later this week, I will have a very flexible schedule for the next 4-6 weeks.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 4:31:21 PM

Huge Thanks to the guys that braved the cold and snow today and helped out. We made a huge dent on hole 10. Took out most of the honeysuckle, grape vines and other weed type growth starting way down on the right and worked our way up towards the fairway. I had the opportunity to spray all the stumps with herbicide skull to kill any further growth. I think 1 or 2 more days of 3-4 hours we should have it all out. Thanks to Rich Cross chainsaw from the Park crew, his chainsaw was running the whole time. You really can't see it yet since the first 30-60 feet from the rough is still there blocking the view but not for long. After this is removed we can seed and plant new trees to better define the fairway and rough. I may keep Sundays as our work days for the next few weeks. If you bump into Mike Kemner, Allen Clore, Abby aka Bill Allphin, Gary (sorry forgot your last name again) be sure to thank them for all their efforts.

AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:10:11 AM

FYI we will not be working at Airy this Sunday
I almost forgot about the Bag Tag event at Highland Hills
I don't have any plans for Saturday
How many would be interested on working then?
9am-11pm....Meet at Hole 1
Lunch provided afterward
andersab
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:53:53 AM

too late now adam... i already have plans
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:34:14 AM

No prob Brad ciya Sunday at Highland? that was my fault for sure lol, totally forgot about the Tags event, even marked on my calendar. For everyone else that would like to come out on these works Days, I nedd to hear from you before hand. If I do not receive any feedback from anyone or the weather turns nasty I will post pone.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 6:39:00 AM

FYI :  I am postponeing Saturday's work day                     construction

We will pick up where we left off next weekend.
I think I will be there both Saturday and Sunday       
9am-1pm    meet at hole 1 parking lot
please post here or contact me if you plan on attending
this helps me organize our efforts
mikekem
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 8:19:28 AM

I can do one of those days Adam.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:45:52 AM

For those that can't make the weekend gigs, I am thinkn of doin some stuff on Thursday this week, gonna be warm. pm or call so I can arrange time span.
mikekem
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:15:35 PM

Adam, I'm looking good for Saturday or I'm good for Thursday this week if that ends up happening.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 2:59:10 PM

Saturday the 7th
9am-1pm meet at parking by hole 1
should be warm but you may want to wear long pants for protection purposes.
lunch provided afterward.

Sunday there is a random draw doubles at Harbin to witch I will attend.

Thursday I may be out to plan a few things and maybe work on cutting vines for future removal.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009 7:49:15 AM

Bump... I've heard from Mike, Abby, and DJ anyone else comin out tomorrow to help?
I need to know who can come because the park guys are going to have quite a few people out and
the more we have show, the more we can accomplish and this shows the park board we care
which will get us better help in the future and possibly park funding for larger projects.
snowball effect.

I am heading up there soon to meet with Lou and figure our short term goals.
Thanks and ciyas soon.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009 11:53:34 AM

Just met with Lou and helped haul some stuff while he cut and discussed the near future plans.

Changes:
Meet at parking by hole 10..we will continue working on the brush for hole 10
Lou and 3 others from the park dept. will be there with their Mulching truck.
Same time 9am -1pm with lunch provided afterward.

He asked me about Saturday April 25th which is the City wide Green-up Day and if we could be involved like in the past.
I told him I would have to check on that weekend since the last two years it had fallen on the same as the Lexington Open, which this year is earlier. I do not see anything yet but I wanted to get this out there so anyone can plan ahead for this. If we get a large showing it will have a huge impact on the Park dept. and that will open up doors for us in the future.

Thanks and ciyas around.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 9:35:04 AM

Thanks guys for comin out and helpin, can't do it with out ya's. Next weekend I am thinkn of doin some hands on stuff with maybe just me and Lou. Since its a busy weekend for the club and others. If anyone that is not planning on doin anything on either saturday or sunday let me now, I can always organize something for you or get equipment for stuff from the park.

Thanks and ciyas at Harbin today for doubles I think, looks like nasty rain a comin.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 11:48:07 AM

Is the new shop open? Website is down i was just curious
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 6:59:03 PM

Fred could you comment on this. All I know is they are in transition to moving merch. to shop which I believe will open in the near future.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 8:40:59 PM

I'm just waiting on the parks to do a walk through and sign the lease. That could take a while. They are in no hurry.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:11:02 AM

Any luck with the phone line? Have you considered possible Satellite options. And have to talked with DJ about that mural yet?

How's the knee feeling and how did your surgery go?