Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Mt. Airy Options
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 9:23:52 AM

AdamJ wrote:
This Sunday I would like to get back out there.
Anyone up for it? 
Yes this is Easter Sunday,  I will be there anyway.
Saturday is the KY states champ.

Usual stuff, 9-12 or so and lunch afterward.
Contact me if you will attend please.

bump

gonna try and finish haulin stuff down the hill on hole 10
BrandonBradshaw
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 11:27:59 AM

Thanks for the advice yesterday Adam. At least I was able to attend Airy for 9 holes of fun in contrast to my 1 hole of hell last night!
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 1:20:24 PM

Just a reminder, next weekend is Lexington Open and no work is scheduled at Airy.
The following weekend of the 25th is the Great American Clean-up Day at most of the City Parks and I am asking any and all that are willing to sacrifice playing the AJ Jolly CCS that day and come and show your support with me and the City Park peeps. This is a huge deal for the Parks Board so the more I can get out the better. Please contact me as usual if you can attend, It will be a 9-1pm work day and I am hoping that we will be planting tree's etc. on the course. I also believe the Park provides a pizza lunch afterward also plus shirts for the volunteers. More to come very soon and ciyas at the meeting on Monday.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 4:53:02 PM

Course was PACKED today.... i couldnt believe the amount of people.

AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:57:59 AM

Saturday the 25th
9-1
Need all the help I can get
I will find out later where we will meet
and what we will be doing
I have a few people that have told me they can help and looking for more
Please post here or contact me if you are attending, Thanks guys
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:04:39 AM

I'll be there
bkaplan10
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:52:16 AM

I will be there.
perica
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:31:43 PM

i'll be out there as well.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:49:07 AM

Adam, are we going to be working on the course or helping with the park? If we will be working on the course I can rent an auger for the new pin placements for the weekend. Let me know, I will be there with either way with a couple of guys from the shop.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:52:15 AM

We will be working with the park guys on the course. Unfortunately, as of right now, We won't be doing any sleeves just yet. I will find out more about what we will be doing later this week as I see how many people we get to volunteer we may be able to do more. Main concentration will be finishing what we started on hole 10 and going from there. I have other plans if possible but won't know for certain till I speak with the Park Dept. this week. I haven't gotten the Ok on the alt pins yet. I have more info but need to keep it on the down low for now until things are more certain but I can say it should be great news.
Looks like we should have about 8-10 peeps so far.
More info to come soon, and Thanks guys for posting and volunteering.
Meow_Mix
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:45:10 PM

Adam...you mentioned putting in sleeves? what holes are going to change? take it easy dude!!!
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 5:59:37 AM

Any hole that has room for an alternate pin location will eventually get one so we can move pins back and forth for added challenges and to allow us to fix up the ones we currently use. This is something Airy has needed for a long time. There are going to be alot of changes but all will improve the course. This is not a decision I have made myself but one made by the club and its officers.

Ciyas on Saturday, as for right now meet at hole 1's parking, we will start by working on hole 10 and I will have a few other projects also.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:18:06 AM

Wow...yesterday was simply awesome. Huge Thanks to all those that made the sacrifice and came out to volunteer. With the help of the disc golfers and a impressive group of volunteers from all over the area we managed to haul and mulch practically all the remaining debris that was cut earlier. We also planted approximately 60 trees consisting of a good mix of Redbuds, Dogwoods and Vibram bushes all throughout hole 10. There is still much work to do on this hole and we will continue on hole 10 for a bit longer. Next weekend is the CSX Open in Huntington, I will see if anything will happen while I'm gone and let you all know.

Its gonna be a beautiful day so get out there and enjoy some of it. Laters
Brad_H
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 5:13:37 PM

I saw hole 10, looks great. Just remember to water them trees, lol
ahlavac
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 9:19:33 AM

I played Airy on Friday and want to thank everyone who put in hard work on hole #10 (and elsewhere).

Also, Friday was the first time I saw "The Nati Disc Golf" store open. The store looks great! I'm coming in to buy a heavy Champion Beast soon because I just lost one. Also, I don't know if they sell snacks and drinks, but those would be much appreciated.

P.S. What about a beer garden :-)!!!!
Lingo1976
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 2:45:17 PM

The Nati store does carry drinks right now, snacks are on the way, and hopefully beer is in the future.

J-son

The Nati Disc Golf
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 10:24:05 AM

I just heard from the parks dept. that a large group of 100 volunteers will be at our disposal to work on the course this upcoming Saturday and i will be meeting with the park guys to go over what we will be planing to accomplish. If anyone would like to come out and help me oversee and help volunteer let me know please. We will be continue to remove honeysuckle and stuff and plant trees as well as spread mulch/seed/gravel. Looks like the park dept. will be hitting the course hard this year.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 8:49:39 AM

Is anyone planning on comin out Saturday to help me with the volunteers?

I will have my hands full and could use a few key people to help delegate projects.
Should luck out as far as weather.
byteslip
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 8:51:06 PM

With in the past week (played 5/9 and then again today 5/15) hole 16 or 17 looks like some one is trying to steal the pin. Was able to lift the entire thing concrete and all...
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 5:26:35 AM

I saw that and will take care of it this morning.
Anyone coming out today please call me.
laters
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:48:35 AM

Its gone. I went to fix it and someone or others came friday nite and took the basket. No worries, I will be talking with the Parks guys and get them to order a few this time. Try and replace the one at Burnett aswell.

On another note. The 60+ volunteers that came out saturday were fantastic, hard working, and gave it their all to help us with the course and surrounding areas. They all came from a huge church group that sends 100's of volunteers out in the community throughout the year. If you meet anyone that attends the Crossroads Community Church please be sure to thank them for the help.

More to come soon.
grant
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 1:15:19 PM

wow they might as well move the course since the baskets are always getting stole
jpaul6
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:43:17 PM

I got a hole-in-one on my imaginary basket on 17 today. That sucks that it's gone.
L_Stephens
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:14:03 PM

Maybe we can talk Fred into hosting a video recording device...set up some nature cameras in the trees pointing to each basket...and catch these people...If you see anyone rocking the basket back and forth during the day...get a tag number.

I'll put some technical thought into the feasibility of putting a pet tracking device inside a basket. If we have a basket that gets stolen a lot....it could be a fun project to test out...even if it costs a few hundred bucks to dabble with it.
byteslip
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:22:33 PM

Tracking device and video is taking it a bit far... just increase the size of the concrete footer. The last commercial deck I built used 18 inch diam, at 24 inches deep... bout 5 bags of concrete and over 400lbs. That should do the trick. Bout $18 at current prices.