Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Colerain - Heritage Park Options
RBFaul
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2007 11:42:27 AM

Latest grumblings from the rumor mill on Heritage:
Last week some of my circle went to throw Heritage and they found a tent where they were selling refreshments. The people there said that Colerain Township wants to put a refreshment stand there, though I don't think it's supposed to be a regular building per say. It will mainly be open for a couple hours (5-8) Monday through Thursday, and a few more on Saturday and maybe Sunday - I think this is for the baseball diamonds they've just finished.
Administrator
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2007 5:12:02 AM

Yep, you heard right. The park is hosting it's grand opening tomorrow. Activities are supposed to run from 10 till noon.

They've invited our club to set up a table and talk to people about disc golf. I'll be getting down there between 9 and 9:30 if anyone wants to stop by and say hello.
wave
morticite
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2008 7:18:00 PM

Just a reminder that the baskets are out for the season (since my last post vanished).
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 12:24:59 PM

When do the baskets return?
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 12:25:55 PM

When do the baskets return?
andersab
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 12:55:26 PM

Mike,
I suggest contacting...
Kevin Schwartzhoff, Director

(513)385-7503

Or you can go to the park's website... http://www.coleraintwp.org/Heritage_Park.cfm
mikejenkins1
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:51:37 AM

I took your advice and emailed Kevin. Here is his response:

We should be putting the baskets back up sometime in late-April.Once we are sure that no flooding will be occuring in the park, they will be put back-up. Email me in early April and I may be able to give you a better date.
kmaupin
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 10:41:51 AM

Visited Heritage yesterday for the first time, very interesting course. It's all about the OB, which I will say is very well defined now. I would recommend checking this place out and re-visiting to see the trees develop. You will definately get to work on accuracy and good luck trekking through the rough (TALL grass) looking for discs. (of course, not mine, but my buddies...) =)

Seemed like a lot of people were on the course so it seems well received and that is a great sign.

Later,
Kelly
ahlavac
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 11:23:15 AM

I have never visited Heritage because the photos on this website's "Courses" page make it seem kind of boring. Most of the holes seem to be straight ahead in a grassy field, without obstacles or challenges. Is this an accurate description of the course?

(I hope someone responds that increased tree growth or new pin placements have made the course more interesting, so go ahead...make my day...)
Discgolfkid
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 11:39:22 AM

In a way, yes, it's mostly open fields. It's not as easy if you're trying for a deuce on every hole, and since it's mostly open, wind can become a huge factor and add difficulty. Most of the holes aren't straight ahead and will require you to find some sort of line to get to them (without going OB.)

I wouldn't go way out of your way to play the course, but it's nice if you're close and you want some variety. Plus, most of the people who play there seem to be newer players, so it's good for getting people into the sport.
kmaupin
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 1:06:59 PM

I would say it is worth visiting but I would not travel a great distance just for it, I went there between rounds a Mt Airy and Harbin and it was unique with the excessive OB, I think that it needs that to be challenging since it is flat and still very open.

I will mention that the area there has a lot of deer, saw deer both coming and going from that park so just be careful.
cyrusf1
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 7:15:03 PM

The baskets are back in for the season.  Time for open range target practice!    thumbsup 
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:13:45 AM

There is a Deer Rescue area just up the road from the park where you can bring apples or something and actually hand feed them, Great for the kids. Other local animals also. Look for the signs on the right when coming down from Colerain.