Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Pride park Options
Lets_Throwdown
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 6:17:08 PM

I noticed that on the courses page on the website there aren't any picture and there aren't all the distances for the holes. I was out playing today and when i went i got a picture of all the teepads and most of the holes. I also wrote down the distances for the holes. If you guys would like the pictures or distances for the site, just let me know.
PaulDmt
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 5:57:18 PM

Pride park distances and pictures now available - Thanks to J.P. Mayer for contributing those.
bkaplan10
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:26:02 AM

Paul,  thanks for putting up the Pride photos.  However, you have hole 4's pic for both hole 4 and 5.  Other than that, they all look good.

Are there teepads yet at Pride?  If not, are there plans to add teepads?

Joe Rott
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:18:59 PM

The grass is waist and chest high on holes 5, 17 and 18! Hole 6 and 7 need major triming too. I did not get to the back of the course.

Is there a place on this web to ask the parks to mow holes 5, 17 and 18. They need it and they can get to it.

Are the plans for rubber pads still in the works?
Fred Salaz
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 9:25:42 PM

Joe, call 581-3234 which is the municipal building and let us know what they say.
Joe Rott
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:51:22 AM

Thanks for the number, Fred. I'll call and let you know.

I did send an e-mail to the city administration; The site for recreation was not up. I thanked them for installing the course and went on to mention how it could be better. Will let you know.
Kool Keith
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:22:07 PM

Has anyone played Pride recently? I've been thinking about going out there and giving it a shot, but I am a little hesistant to go out there with the fear of it being extremely overgrown. I don't know very many people that have played Pride Park, but every person that I do know that played it says it's not maintained well at all. And if I am going to drive out that direction, I may as well just take the extra 5 minutes and go to Banklick where I know what I am getting.

So, I guess what I am asking is - Is Pride Park in decent condition right now, or is it a jungle like I so often hear?

Thanks -

K
Craig
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 10:12:17 AM

Pride is really starting to look good. Me and Mcgue have been working on it. Lots of honeysuckle and a couple of trees have come down. We've moved some down trees and logs to stop the rolls, Marked of teepads and ease the walking in a couple spots. One thing that I think would be awesome but not knowing what to do is stairs or something else to get down the hill on Hole 10. I thought maybe a 200 foot rope of the tree at the top of the hill just to hold on would be good. But everyone I've told this to said it would probably get stolen. I'm going to get ahold of the park and also call Trauger to see if we can get help of anykind. If anybodies got Ideas or want to help work call me
Craig 859-743-9427
Joe Rott
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 1:31:18 PM

Is pride really getting pulled or is it still being debated?
I would be willing to do some work there but I don't want to waste my time if it is definitly being pulled.

Why is it considered being pulled?

If the parks had put effort into maintaning it (ie putting in concrete pads and mowing fairways) more people would play it.

Sounds like it was set up to fail by the parks.
Kool Keith
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:14:21 PM

Joe-

I believe Fred Salaz is the contact for Pride. He can give the latest info concerning the future of the course, and help you coordinate all efforts to save it.

I can assure you, no project that Fred starts in setup to fail. Contact him ONE TIME, and you'll know that for sure. He'll give you all the information and tools that you'll need to get started.

Also, it sounds like Magoo and Craig have been putting in some hours and effort in up there, and an additional body wouldn't hurt.

The last semi-offical word that I heard was at the December meeting. Fred said that the due to the some of the problems at the course surrounding flooding (which CAN be relieved) and safety concerns, and having no volunteers wanting to take over the care of Pride Park, the course was to be pulled if no solutions could be reached.

Take it as a call to action - get involved. Joe - if you'd like to contact me, PM me here on the forum, and I'll give you my email addy and phone number. I've never been to Pride before, but I live just over in Newport. I'd love to check it out, and even have a tour guide. Want to take me through?

-K
Joe Rott
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:00:03 AM

Hey, Keith
I would like to help out where I can, however my time is VERY limited, therefore I am not looking to take a lead role in any project; just offering some services.
I will not be able to do any rounds of golf untill mid March. I would be happy to show you the course sometime in the spring, though I can't say right now when that would be. I plan on going to as many course challenges as I can. We can swap info at that time.
ccs
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:57:39 AM

If the course is staying I'll do some work. Maybe we could adopt holes like at Idlewild. I was out there Saturday and 8-14 look like they need the most work. Everything looks great in terms of trees and limbs and such but there are areas that are tough to walk on and some tees need to be leveled. Once we know that it is staying I'll be out there.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 8:09:03 AM

Thanks for the interest guys. I will call Pride today and see what's up.
Will post progress here.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 12:09:23 PM

Just got off the phone with Mark ? the park director/manager and he said that they are waiting for the weather to dry or freeze so they can get started on building bridges so they can get a gator(to haul stuff) back to the back. They have a couple of telephone poles they plan on using on the smaller ravines by #8.
I will be contacting Boone County Parks to see if Pride can have a couple of big telephone poles that are laying in the parking lot by #15 tee.
Pride needs them to use for the holes across the big ravine by #10, #11 and #12.
Will keep you posted.
discnforfun
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:35:44 PM

Some of the holes have already been adopted at Pride. My brother and I did some work on hole No. 13 last year, including clearing dead trees, bushes etc. on the hill from the tee to the basket, leveling the tee pad, and heck, we even planted dafodills that should be up this spring. We intend to work on the hole again when the weather dries the course a bit. Pride is a challenging course, and even though it is a bit tough to traverse in wet weather, there are hole layouts on the course that are totally different than any of our other courses. We will continue to work on No. 13 this coming year and hope that the other hole adoptees do as well.
Craig
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 11:13:49 AM

Just to let antbody interested in helping out at pride, Mcgue and myself have been going out there on Sundays around noon every week. As long as there isn't any tourneys. We spent our first couple of sessions cutting a little on every hole. Then while playing you couldn't tell. So this last week we started focusing on a hole at a time. 17 and 18 are really cleared out now except the ceiling is still their. 5 and 7 have also gotten some attetion too. We decided to focus on the old nine first (1-7,17 &18). The most complaints I've heard is about 8,9 and 10. So I'm going to make it to the next meeting and see what people think about maybe redesigning those hole. I like them myself but I would love to get more people playing out there. I got some 1' by 1' brick I'm going to start laying out some tee pads on some of the worse mudholes. I also got JP dropping me off some more bricks out there. Any comments, questions or want to get together with me and mcgue to work my # is 743-9427
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 11:10:34 AM

Craig and Mcgue, just got off the phone with Mark from Pride park and he is going to check out the telephone poles at Idlewild so he can start building the bridges at Pride. The bridges will help in giving them access to the back part of the park so they can do a better job of maintaining the disc golf course. I told him you guys have been out there working and he appreciates it. Call him the next time you go out there and maybe he could meet you and get you some help. 859-760-3692
They really want to keep the disc golf course.
Thanks for the work you guys have done at Pride.
Craig
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 10:11:00 AM

Thanks for the number Fred, I had the municipal buildings number and it was hard to ever catch him there. I would also like to thank JP Smith for helping me haulsome gravel and bricks down to hole 5. I ask him if he'd like to adopt a hole and he offered instead to build the bridges for us(not the main bridges for the use of the gator). If anybody else would like to adopt a hole or just help on a work day call me.
discndat
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 10:44:12 AM

Way to go out there at Pride Craig and Mike. Last time I was out several weeks ago I could see you guys had been doing some work. Is it Sundays you get together out there for work day? Can't promise anything myself but do want to try.

Craig
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:17:06 AM

Yes Dan we try to make it out there every sunday around Noon. We Do some work and then play, we use to play first but we skipped out a couple of time without working. So if anybody wants to come out and play feel free to stop out a little later.
Craig
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:20:26 AM

Just to throw things in the Air, I would like to get a message board on hole 1 at pride. Also Me and mcgue are thinking of having a weekly at pride. Mike suggested friday, we could pick up all the guys that can't make it to harbin.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:23:04 PM

I can build a nice one if the club or park doesn't mind payn for materials
Kool Keith
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:57:38 PM

I thought there was going to be a weekly Idlewild thing on Friday?

If not, I'm DEFINITELY down to drive 15 minutes to Pride versus the hour it would take to get to Harbin...

Craig - I'm with you buddy...
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:52:41 AM

Hmmm? Now that I posted I can see his post. Strange brew...
Kool Keith
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:45:29 PM

Stramge Brew....?

Hoser!

BTW Dan, I've had that issue come up with the message board not showing posts on the index page for a while.