Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Pride park Options
bobherb
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:06:31 AM

Relatively speaking, STEVO is correct.
STEVO
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 12:02:32 PM

Pride is a good alternative to Harbin for Fridays, though. Singles is a good idea, too.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:46:09 PM

I was kinda thinking the same thing about the price - you want to try and draw more people to play it so lowering it a little might be a better draw. Just a thought. Thanks for doing this Craig.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:58:34 PM

might wanna do same as friday doubles at harbin with $6 fee(1 goes to an ace fund). Keep it cheap :)
Craig
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:21:53 PM

I don't know what I was thinking. I was wanting to go off of the same price as the tuesday night thing. Now I know that is ten for pro and seven for Am, sorry.
Craig
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:22:43 PM

And that would be ace fund included.
Craig
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2006 1:42:44 PM

Six O'clock it's on. The weather is going to be nice enough to wait for us. Hole three I knew the park was going to fix up the cemetary on the right. They put a fence around it that blocks off the fairway for the hole. So when we move ones teepad to the right of the shelter. I guess we'll have to move hole three to the left and cut down a bush. Maybe even take it out and put somewher else??????? It would not be OK to leave the way it is, the fence is chest height, so you have to get it up, then there is the low ceiling also. Makes for an interesting hole for now.
Craig
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2006 6:26:15 PM

Huge turn out tonight, Me mcgue and my brother. Mcgue played pro against me and my brother just played casual with no other ams there. Mcgue shot 6, while I bogied the last hole to give him the win. He got all $16 dollars by beating me, and also wiped out the $4 ace fund acing the first hole. My brother playing the first time since I started playing tourneys, shot 10 up, relizing he hasn't played in so long his bag is all CE. I wish I still threw Valks or T-birds, The firebird might soon be mine.
jstilgenbauer
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 4:46:41 AM

Stay with it Craig...it might take awhile for a new weekly event to catch on.
Craig
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:58:22 PM

It will be a two maybe three weeks before I get this friday thing set up for a routine. I will have to work next friday and probably the one following that. Yesterday was good for me though in the sense that I have a clip board and note pad, some disc for Am payout and some scorecards. I will definetly keep you all posted on when I can really get it going.
Craig
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:56:44 AM

Looking like the first week of May I'll have off on friday. It will be the day before the disc and dat, so I might try to help or run some doubles before the tourney. After that I will be able to give a schedule or a routine on The pride park singles.
Craig
Posted: Sunday, April 30, 2006 11:23:18 AM

I called Mcgue and he's able to go and check on it today. Hopefully it just fell on it's own, it had a little swagger to it. If not hope he gets to it before the theif does. There is access to that area via some neiborhood, hopefully the kids there would rather play the course then have a basket hidden somewhere and afraid to go back.
agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:53:48 AM

This course needs some work. The gravel on the tee pads is worse than mud. Hole three is blocked by a fence, there is a ninty foot putt hole, and 17 and 18 are never taken care of. I dont see why more of the course is not put in the open feids where the grass gets mowed. Dont get me wrong i love the tight fairways, but some thought should go taking out 3,the ninty footer, 17 and 18. They could easily place these holes in open areas with some distance behind them. I play at this course more than any other, i love most of it, but some points should be redone.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:37:53 AM

If there is something you could do to improve the course it would be appreciated. I don't have the time, Craig and Mcgue have new jobs and the park department doesn't have the funds and the weather won't let them catch up enough with the rest of the park to be able to build bridges so that they can work on the disc golf course.
Contact the park department if you want something done. Disc golf is getting popular enough that the park departments should have the manpower available to make improvements on the existing disc golf courses.
Call Taylor Mill City hall and air your complaints.
That's how things get done.

OR, you could grab a shovel and rake and get to work.
Craig
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 4:18:23 PM

Thanks for the Comment Jeff. Three is getting moved a little left. I personally WANT to get rid of the 99 footer, the one before it and after it. And the gravel on the Tee-pads is a big help. You should'nt need a big run up there, if you don't like the gravel, step a foot to either side and tee off from the mud. It also sounds like you want to help. Like Fred said Me and Mcgue have new jobs and haven't been out there as much lately. If you do want to do some work out there call me and I'll let you know our plans, or I'll give you a couple of hole to prune and try to get your name out on the course, I know it need a couple of new tee signs.
Craig
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 7:42:55 AM

Jeff if you would like to try and work with the park and get some holes in that open field that would be great. I know of some hole that could be yanked and put out there. Mark (the park guy) is putting in some volley ball courts and who knows what else over in the one open field, but there should be plenty of room for a couple of holes. 17 and 18 is cleared out as far as it was last year. We spent a couple of Days just clearing out the undergrowth. Those are the signiture holes to knock the scores down at the end. The grass is needed to be kept short but it only gets mowed once or twice a year, you could try and get this done if you want. Either by mowing it or getting the parks to. Call me if you want to help or take over 859-743-9427
Craig
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 7:52:36 AM

Sorry for keep typing away, but I just wanted to let everyone know I won't be able to do the friday thing for a while. I got to work 2 out of 4 weekend and I'll probably be using my off fridays to drive to St. Louis, Iowa, NY or wherever for tounys. Sorry, if anybody would like run it I could and would supply you with all that is needed.
brassman88
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2006 4:58:51 AM

A few issues at Pride - played there yesterday evening. (5-18-06)

#10 tee sign and post completely gone - looked around for a while
#14 - Plexi and paper from top of tee sign missing
#9 - basket is about to fall over
#3 - tee sign needs to be relocated due to new fence
#5 through #18- major trimming (the weeds have taken over)

Hopefully whoever is in charge of Pride knows about this, but if not, well, there ya go.

I'm a high school teacher, so obviously I have some time off coming up. If help is needed, please email me.
Craig
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006 10:21:48 AM

The grass is the real problem. The parks don't cut them very often. If you want to help just do whatever you can. I know there is a lot of little stuff that needs attention, but I have'nt got much time for it for a while. If you want instruction just e-mail or post again. Thanks
Craig
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 2:02:20 AM

The grass has was cut recently. Now would be a decent time to play it. Grass is only a problem on 5,6 and 7 at the moment.
Craig
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:38:44 PM

Anybody been out to pride in a while. I unfortunetly have'nt been out there in a month or two. I've not been able to contact the park guy about what's going to be done about the couple problems out there.
I know you league guys go out there from time to time, please post if anything changes. I'm going to quit signing up for mo much overtime maybe I'll get out there soon.
Craig
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 11:33:39 AM

Next week I'm off all week. I got two interested people in helping out at pride. Brad Anderson said he can get a chainsaw, to get the tree out of sevens fairway and who knows what else while we have it. Also talked to Chris Smith about it also, can't recall if he said he'd help or not but I'm sure he will. Mcgue would only take a phone call too, so I guess that's three. I'd like to get together all at once, but I'm going to leave it to them on which days. I'll post again when I figure out exactly what day. I you'd like to do something but can't go that day I will go out there then also. I will either buy lunch or beer for those that show up. Let me repeat that beer part that might get those bag tag guys out there since there is no more business meeting. haha
Kool Keith
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 2:30:34 PM

Keep the board updated... I can show up after work sometime
KevinB
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 4:52:41 PM

Have bow saw & weedeater, will travel.
Craig
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 5:46:10 AM

Thanks fellas I'll keep ya posted. Bring whatever tools you would be willing to use. Just having help would be huge, could knock out a couple things.
Thanks