Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Pride park Options
M_Boland
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 5:31:53 AM

hey Rob...Banklick?? I rest my "lefty" case :-)
bobherb
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 8:30:09 AM

We could use some "lefty designed trouble holes" at Pride to improve our skills!
Banklick's new holes swing a little more lefty friendly than the original "more than friendly" righty design.
Craig
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 7:14:46 PM

Only land available at pride is an open field. Can't really go against either hand.
agentdozzer
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:35:18 PM

Have not been on site for awhile but i am glad to see that this discussion is actually getting somewhere. I hope the park director will ok for some holes in the open field. I hope the plan would included a 450 500 hole. I cleared out some of the holes last summer a few times, please post when clean ups or remodels are done will try to make it.
middletown
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:35:13 AM

I love Pride!! A little far from here to help, but it would be worth it to save it!!
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 3:24:49 PM

There is a major tree down on hole seven. It makes any chance of birdie go bye bye. A chainsaw will be needed. I plan on moving some of the smaller downed tree sat. around eleven or twelve.
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 5:04:17 PM

After playing this course a few times this year, i think the holes crossing the creek should be kept. I don't mind the bridge that is there. Every course should have
a few creek holes. The problem lies with the fact that the teepads are right on the edge of the gulley. I don't see many people throw down in there, if we back them up the hole takes on a whole new challenge. The short one should still go though. On saturday ill take pics of the big tree and maybe some of where im going to start playing the two across the creek holes.
Craig
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 11:17:13 PM

Agentdozzer, I have a chainsaw and would love to get at that tree. But I WON'T do it alone, I'd hate to have an accident by my lonesome in those woods. Anyways, if you'd like to help get it out of there give me a call. 859-743-9427
Also those holes across the creek, were an issue of taking them out, to save the park the effort of building a new bridge that's gator worthy. But they still haven't put in the other two bridges that would lead them back to there.
I don't have the time I used to, so I have'nt done much out there in the past year. But if you'd need help please call and I'll do all I can, could probably get at least one more person as well.
I'm off tuesday, wensday and thursday this week.
agentdozzer
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:56:34 PM

The parks people have begun what one would think is work on the course. Holes 5,6,7 Have been bulldozed, the holes themselves havent but a large area closer to the creek is completely taken out. One is hoping this is for the course, and not another walking trail. 18 was cut and looked like they got a little of 17 but not alot.
edge
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:14:59 AM

What is the latest status of this course? Is it open for play or under construction?

thanks
Craig
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:38:37 PM

You can play. 5,6,7,17 and 18 are bit overgrown. They have begun on the "gator accessible" trail. The've gotten back to where the tree is downed on 7 so far. But the limbs are all off the tree. The hole isn't completely blocked anymore. Just have to climb over the log.
LStephens
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 9:09:37 PM

Played Pride Park today for the first time ever. I gotta say...at 91F+ today and that terrain...it about kicked my butt. There were a few shots there that were completely different than those I've played elsewhere and I had a lot of luck to finish my round at +2. I was expecting more of a jungle round with the way some of you described it here...but it is in need of some serious work. Even with all the dead trees forcing me to throw thru tight windows and 10's downhill where my roc caught flight and ended up deep in the creek behind the basket...and the bridges out...and the confusion of just where the poo 17 is when leaving 16...I still thought the course was fun due to being challanged...I only had a problem with hole #3...because I felt the play over the cemetary was disrespectful and unnecessary...all you had to do was move the teepad down the hill a bit..trim that big bushy growth and still have a nice hole...tougher hole.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 9:17:39 PM

Dave Marlow is redesigning the whole course and they plan on getting a bull dozer in there to clean it up next week.
LStephens
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 9:43:40 PM

May I suggest escalators? I didn't know I was getting old.....until today. :)
Craig
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 9:46:41 PM

Glad to see somethin getting done. I personally have only been out there a couple time to work since the new job. I had ideas written down for redesign if you wanna hear them Marlow.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:59:04 PM

Very extreme short notice, but we just found out about this today.

Master Plan Meeting tonight at Pride Park starting at 6pm till 8pm.
Myself and hopefully a few others will be attending to discuss the future of the disc golf course at Pride.
Please, if you have the time, we need to show support for the DG community and the more locals we have the better.
Adam, 513-255-7275

Email I received from Taylor Mill.

Park Place Community Center, located within Pride Park at 5614
Taylor Mill Road. The meeting is open to the public and will feature a
Master Park Development Plan Presentation by our Landscape
Architect/Consultant, Chris Manning from Human Nature, Inc. The master
plan presentation will include some revisions and redevelopment of the
disc golf course. Your input is certainly welcome and appreciated. The
meeting will be open from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm. with the presentation
beginning at approximately 6:30 p.m.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 11:32:11 AM

www.taylormillky.gov/documents/2011-02-16_Draft_Prelim_MP_Review_Meeting.pdf

Here is a pdf of the Master Plan for Pride Park.
This is just a plan and changes will occur before it is finalized.
If you want your input to count you can show support at the next City meeting of Taylor Mill at www.editforward.com/calendarforward/cal_detail_frame.asp
Wed. June 8th at 7pm.
Location is in the park.  New building on your left when entering the park.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:11:47 PM

I can't make it and Jeff W will be out of town so it would be great if a few others could be there.
post if you can or will.
DanH
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 7:48:58 PM

Got some feedback from the web contact form about Pride Park not being on the list of courses anymore. We took it off the list, though I don't remember why. Anyone know the status of the course? Should I put it back up?
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:21:36 AM

Taylor Mill told us that Pride Park course is closed, they should have pulled the baskets and put them in storage but I doubt they have yet.
They told us that it had been official closed for several years but neglected to inform us of that till we went to the meeting posted above.
Course will reopen after the new design is passed and changes made per their master plan.
Rusty Chains
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 11:00:49 PM

PRIDE PARK IS BACK!!!!!   
well,kinda.
i threw a disc golf disc for the first time in october of 2010.i live in independence and pride was one of the first courses i ever played.
im now approaching 35 courses played and hope to hit 45 by the end of this summer.
about a month ago myself and some friends decided to play pride again.i took a folding saw with me, kinda as a joke to clear "a few limbs".
ive been back with saws and weedwhips about 7 or 8 times now.
holes 1-5 are beautiful and freshly cut.
i cut up the fallen tree on 6 and cleared it all out as well as cut down all the little honeysuckle that had sprouted up. still needs to be hit with weed whip but looks great and is fun shot.
7 is probably in the worst shape. still deuceable but tight line.i did weedwhip around basket and clear some honeysuckle.
im tryn to get both lanes open again on 8. needs weedwhip but all in all good shape.
basket for 9 is gone.pole still there if u wanna shoot at it.
10 is majorly overgrown but we have been teeing about 20-25 feet down the hill/path from original tee off the big rock. floaters down right lane finishing back at the basket and tomahawks right at it have been producing 2's and 3's regularly.
11 is in awesome shape. fun ace run. path across creek is in good shape also.
12 has been stolen so we do a makeup shot for it.we tee off from just to the left of 13's tee back across creek at 10's basket, then drive 13, cross creek and play both holes.
11, "makeup" 12 ,and 13 are looking amazing right now.all great ace runs.have 13 trimmed down better than ive ever seen it.
14 looks better than ive ever seen it. trimmed up and fun.
15 and 16 also in great shape.
17 is taking shape and 2's and 3's are possible again.park mowing again.ive cleared a lot of honeysuckle out of this one.
18 is also being mowed again by park.i cut out a bunch of the limbs that were blocking mid fairway.looks good. 17 and 18 make a sweet technical finale to a great course.
thought i would get the word out while its freshly trimmed if anyone wants to give pride another try.

sisyphus
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:28:21 AM

That is awesome! Thank you for all your work. Like you, I'm fairly new, but realized that here in Cincinnati, I could conceivably play 50 courses in my first year (you know it's an 'accomplishment' at Disc Golf Course Review). Heck, I've played Highland Hills in its present state, so why not Pride? I'll definitely be out there soon! Thanks again --Jeff A.
Valet
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:50:05 AM

Pride was one of the first courses I ever played a few years ago. I played it alone and had to quit after about 8 or 9 holes, can't remember, but it was a mess back then. Can't wait to get back over there and check it out. Great job cleaning it up!
Rusty Chains
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 4:43:59 PM

Rusty Chains
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 5:20:27 PM

Went back to pride yesterday.
Holes 1-5 look good. Grass starting to come up a little.hopefully park cuts soon.
Cleared out more brush in rough on 6 and weedwhipped fairway.looks awesome.
Totally cleared all brush/vines/wild blackberry out of 7.weedwhipped fairway. Looking really good.
Cleared brush and weedwhipped faiway on 8 and 16.
Im going back tonight to start clearing 10, the big downhill shot,and look at possibilities for building bridge at 11.
Its starting to go from playable to looking really good.
What is everyones thoughts on switching up 2 and 3 a little? 2 is ok and 3(over graveyard shot) is kinda,well just dosnt seem right.
Why not tee off of 2's tee at 3's basket.its a really sweet shot. Could take top and basket of 2 and put it on 9's pole since its top and basket were stolen.
Just an idea.
Keep in mind if u have never been to pride to only concrete tee is on hole 1. The rest are dirt.
The roughs are THICK in spots and there is some major elevation in play.
Navigation can also be a problem.1-8 is easy.when u tee off at 8 make sure u are throwing up hill to the right and not straight at 16's basket.
After 9 follow trail going up hill through fallen trees and at fork go right.go to top of hill.sign is missing from 10.trail goes straight down steep long overgrown hill and u can see basket at the bottom.11-16 is easy. After 16 you will be back at 8's tee.turn right across creek,left at trail intersection,walk 30 feet and turn right onto trail going up hill.