Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Wilson Park Options
middletown
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:46:23 AM

Wilson Park in M-town should have course back together by end of June, but there will not be adequate parking til fall. You can still park behind course on side streets.

We'll have six baskets in new placements w/ alternate placements as well. Short poles will be tighter, and bigger poles and tees will keep the putters in the bag.

Other three will be moved hopefully this fall. At this time all nine baskets will be able to be used as temporary baskets anywhere we want to take them in southwest Ohio, as long as Middletown is promoted. Baskets are still their property, they just don't mind us taking them around to brag how cool our city is!!

We then hope to start temping out our new course and help us figure out just where we're going to place it. Stay posted!!

I am toooooooo busy to reply and check on these post, forgive me.
middletown
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:52:18 AM

The baskets are back in the ground. If you come to play and they are gone, we're painting them. New pin placements already started, but new tees not, so just play however you want to for now. Just like everyone has been.
bobherb
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 9:38:47 AM

Thanks for the info.
Discgolfkid
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:09:53 AM

Once again, my plans are foiled. Since the course was almost destroyed and baskets were never replaced, I called the park district asking for any baskets left over. I was going to try to get them into a course at Rentschler Forest...oh well.
middletown
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 8:40:47 AM

I wondered who was trying that. Since the Girl Scouts used grant money for the course, Mtown has to have them in the ground in some park. If we raise money for new baskets, old baskets can be used, but I assume it will be easier to put new tops on and repair baskets as oppose to buying them.
We'd rather raise money for a new course in Mtown or Trenton/Franklin. We're packin them in round here!!
matthew_blakely
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:13:07 AM

This is one small park! You guys did a good job utilizing the land and terrain. The only thing I have to say is you need a map out there, and a small map box with maps would be perfect. I had to walk back to many tee's to rethrow because I aimed at the wrong basket. Example I threw Hole #4 tee shot into 7's basket, Woo hoo Ace, Wrong! I also did not see a legitmate shot on 3 purple. Well see you guys out there sometime
BIGBOY
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 12:35:14 PM

Has anyone thought about approaching Miami University in middletown to see if they might be interested in putting in a course around their campus? Just a thought.
middletown
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 12:06:44 PM

The area around MUM is planned for campus expansion. Have wanted to do a temp course there, but never have.

As more of a training course, Purple 3 is considered a trick shot, aceable, douceable, but very unlikely. Most throw rollers and tomahawks, forehands. It is a real challenge.

I've tried to put the numbers on the baskets so you can see them while you walk the course. I was real assertive about this when posted that we had redid the course. If you start from Tee 1 and look at the baskets on other poles while you play course, you should know lay out before you get to next tee. The tees are the hardest to find, since the kids rip the stickers off half the time.
New map was submitted to cincinnatidiscgolf.com in June, if not earlier. There is a map at park now, but it may not last the vandalism by the time you get there!