Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Burnet Woods Options
BMacUC
Posted: Thursday, June 01, 2006 3:11:55 PM

A recent thunderstorm has caused a large tree to fall on the basket for the ninth hole and the basket has been removed. I don't expect the basket to be replaced anytime soon since nothing has been done to the course in the past few years. Just a heads up to anyone looking to play there.
PaulDmt
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2007 6:19:44 PM

Green Up Day 2007
Prepare park for summer season by planting, mulching, trail work, painting and litter patrol. All volunteers receive free t-shirt and pizza lunch.

Where:
Burnet Woods Park
3251 Brookline Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45220
513-861-9070

Who:
Cincinnati Park Board
www.cinci-parks.org
The City of Cincinnati's system of park lands are maintained and operated by the Cincinnati Park Board. The Board of Park Commissioners, as provided by the City Charter, is charged with the control and management of parks.

How much:
Free

Reservations:
Registration recommended.

When:
Saturday, May 05, 2007
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
perica
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:33:37 AM

Hole 6 at Burnett just had 3 trees planted about 70 ft in front of the tee. I noticed it today walking to UC. I don't know when they were put in; but I walk by there all the time. If they somehow survive, that hole will get a lot trickier.
perica
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:36:44 PM

oh yeah, the rough to the right and short of the pin of # 2 has been cleared up a little bit too. some honeysuckle removed.
perica
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 1:44:24 PM

the parks were at it again today. the rough on the right side of 3 has been cleared out a ton up by the basket. i played today and saw them going to town. what was now in jail 80 ft deep is a straight shot if you hork it to the right.

also, one of the big trees by hole 6's basket fell in the winds this week.
perica
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:19:11 PM

many huge trees are down up in clifton. hole 6 needs a new basket. some of the holes are very different now.
CHiZuCK
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:28:15 PM

This course has become an atrocity! There are only 6 baskets, no signs, grass as tees is normal but where the hell am I throwing to?

What can we do to get this course back up and going and, better yet, make it a full 18-holer with some good landscaping? I will volunteer my time.
agentdozzer
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:11:27 PM

Adam Jones has been told from the Parks Dept. that a new course is in the master plan for burnett, thing is its the government and it's gonna be a slow go.
dettmerb
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 3:35:03 PM

Played full nine holes at Burnet Woods this morning. Thanks for replacing missing baskets. Hope the thieves and vandals stay away.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 10:24:33 PM

Your welcome, new signs coming when I get someone to design them.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:59:34 PM

We played this course for the first time tonight. Love that you can park 2 feet from the beginning/ending of the course. Very fun course and we are anxious to play again.
Would be nice to have better tee markers. We did find all 9 however using the map from the site. I read in prior posts about a newer/updated course. Any word on that?
pcaldwell
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:19:30 AM

Please call the cincinnati parks and ask that question. The more they hear from folks that aren't gcfda officers (obvious activists) the better chance they'll listen. If everyone on these forums would take the time to write/email/call ANY local parks dept and ask something about their disc golf course, it would make a HUGE difference. Just one email/call per year is only a couple minute investment that can yield a huge return. We need them to realize how many different people play and CARE about dg. Like it or not, that's how the parks managers see things. We need to get on their radar and squeeky wheels get oil. It means more to them when non-gcfda officers contact them.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:22:15 AM

Who do you recommend I contact about this? I have sent questions before to specific people and just wondered if there is a specific person to send to for Burnett Woods.

Nevermind.  I sent an email out to the director and head of planning.
bobherb
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 11:44:26 PM

Your motivation is appreciated Mike... and Pete is right, the more folks they hear from the better.
Hopefully, the Winton Woods re-design will happen soon :-)
mikejenkins1
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 5:32:44 AM

yeah, I would love to see that happen.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 8:50:35 AM

As far as this course becoming 18 holes, well, it still could happen but there is no way of knowing when it could happen. All I can say is we where able to get Cincy Parks to add it to their new master plan (@5 years ago). No one knows when that would go into effect and by the looks of things lately it will be years away. I was able to get baskets replaced last spring and add tee sign posts where they were missing and finally convinced them to allow installing the 4x6 lumber to designate the front of the tee box. We are still working on new signage for the course, should be ready by next spring, and we are renumbering the course so that it starts and ends at the larger parking areas. Basically hole 5 will become hole 1.

Like Pete said, contact the Parks department via our Links tab under the "thank our parks" link, has all our park contacts listed, if one is outdated or incorrect please let us know.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 6:02:41 AM

Not that I dont want to see change, but we really liked where #1 and #9 are now. I think it starts off with a good progression there. If you start at #5, it has kind of an odd start down the hill and back up again. Then after #6 you have a hike to #7 and I dont think that really is a good starting point. The current #1 location is a great start and #9 a good finish and there is lots of street parking. So just my 2 cents.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 8:37:48 AM

The parking on that street is the main issue, its not for anyone, only students during the week so you can and will be ticketed, there are several signs that state the times of day and student parking only. If this changes with their master plan then we will make changes accordingly.The walk from 6 to 7, regardless of how its numbered, will always be there. I like how it flows to, but I also feel that changing the numbering will A)Eliminate players from getting tickets. B) Having us park near hole 5 will show the parks what they wanted, more good traffic and help drive out the bad traffic, why we are there in the first place. C)Does not interfere with Student parking availability. I have discussed this will dozens of players and the Parks over the past few years and so far everyone has agreed. From the big picture standpoint, we all felt this is the best way to go. Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:46:43 AM

Oh we saw the signs and would have moved if we had to but we are mostly weekend and week night players. Working during the day so competing with school traffic is not a problem. Not sure, but it might have been only till 5-6 PM on weekdays but not sure. I do understand your reasoning however and do agree to move would be more park friendly.