Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Harbin Options
Brad_H
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 9:17:36 PM

I really apologize, but I just found out that there were more changes for the 15th.

It is day + glow again.  2 rounds, so if you are playing the rapid run course challenge, it will not be possible to play both events.

you must be signed up by the evening before.  That means tourament day, registration is closed.  There is a signup sheet at the park, at Hank's shop, or I can sign you up if you send me your info.

It is random draw, sort of.  There will be A, B, and C players.  C being new/novice, B intermediate, and A advanced and up. 
2 A players will not be a doubles team.  Every C player will be teamed with an A player if possible.

Hank told the exact details to Rob.  Why Hank did not keep a copy of the exact and official details for himself, I do not know.  I am taking it upon myself to contact Rob and get them and will hopefull find a flyer I can post.
grant
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 7:33:43 AM

well that sux...i was planning on coming but if i cant do rapid run and glow..looks like no glow for me....
Billy Page
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 10:38:27 AM

Hey Brad, do you know when it starts. I could play if it starts at 6. i'm working through the course challenge : ( If it starts too early there will be a long wait between rounds.
Brad_H
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 1:47:15 PM

For those of you who want to play but will be unable to make the first round due to the rapid run course challenge, if you tell Hank you're interested in playing the night round, we can get you in. I'm going to rapid run myself.

What we're talking about doing is sort of running a separate contest for glow only participants than day + glow. Hank and I are having some problems with consistent communication and organization between us, but let one of us know and we'll come up with a plan.
Brad_H
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 1:48:52 PM

Also the entry fee for glow only golf will not be as much as for both rounds, but as a consequence, payouts will not be as large.
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:03:26 PM

Well, I think that is cool that you are flexible enough to change to night only option, thank you.
Brad_H
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:39:39 PM

This is as official as I can get it right now.

Sweetees Presents….
Harbin Park Day N 2 Night Event
Saturday August 15th, 2009, Sign-up Deadline 8:00PM on Friday August 14th.
Cost of Event will be 12.50 for event/cookout or 25.00 for Black Jax disc/event/cookout.
Must play with lit disc for night round.
Events Scheduled:      Fly  Mart   2:00 PM  - 6:00PM  10% Discount for players                                                                                                                                                                                     
 Must be present for Player Ranking  from 4:00 PM-4:45 PM.  At this time you will be  issued a parking  pass that you will need to display for participation in this event.
Also you will be ranked as an  A,  B,  or  C player. A=Experienced, B=Recreational, or C=Novice or New. This will allow for fair drawing of doubles partners. Last year this resulted in very close scores!!                                                                 
5:00 PM  Drawing for partners     5:15 PM  fill out scorecards   5:30 PM  Players  Meeting
6:00 PM  1st   Round  Tee Off
Cookout – Time  Approx.  7:30PM - 8:30PM
Tee off for  2nd  Round at Dark  8:45 PM                                                                                                                                                       
( Video of Ring of Fire ) at end of second round. ( Black Jax Disc )                                                     
Brad_H
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:40:53 PM

In summary
Be at Harbin by 4 pm Saturday
Make sure you actually talk to Hank if doing night only.
Madmike
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 10:47:42 PM

i know im not the smartest flea on the dog but why set up something on the same day as a CCS event just a thought you know!!!!!
mikesech
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 11:38:04 PM

because when you plan an event like this early in the year you really dont know what day the course challenges are it is just not thought of im sure it wasnt on purpus it just came out that way there was a good turn out last year hopefully there will be an even bigger turnout this year        thumbsup thumbsup laugh
Billy Page
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:00:16 AM

For the night round, it might be smart to either cover or put a glow stick in the two massive holes at 4's tee-pad. Don't want anyone twisting their ankle in the dark : )
Wayman
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 10:49:26 AM

Is anyone aware that the basket on hole 17 appears to have been uprooted and is now precariously sitting in the hole in the ground?

The basket is leaning pretty bad. Not sure if that is something the park district takes care of or if it faster for one of us to attempt to repair the damage.
Billy Page
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 12:24:59 PM

The tilted basket just makes the game more interesting and challenging. As I recall this happened to 16's basket quite a few times last year.
funktopus
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 12:34:57 PM

Wayman wrote:
Is anyone aware that the basket on hole 17 appears to have been uprooted and is now precariously sitting in the hole in the ground? The basket is leaning pretty bad. Not sure if that is something the park district takes care of or if it faster for one of us to attempt to repair the damage.

I doubt it will be there long. From what I've seen whoever is stealing baskets  tends to get them like that. They get them loose and then come back the next day to take it.

cyrusf1
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 1:06:01 PM

I left a voicemail with Bob at Fairfield Parks & Recreation, and also mentioned how there have been recent thefts like the one at Monroe. We'll see what happens.

NatiBuckeye
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 7:30:34 PM

sSo im debating about doing this night glo thing over the CCS but dont have a glo disc. Are we limited to only using purchased glo discs for the night portion or can i take a disc i have and make it glo? Id rather not play a tournament with a disc I have never used.
mikesech
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 9:28:15 PM

you should be able to do that i did last year i dont think it matters as long as it glows and is lit up
Brad_H
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:47:56 AM

You are allowed to use your own discs for the night round.

EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:26:49 PM

is this still going on tonight?
mikekem
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:19:05 PM

I updated the course map to Harbin.  One question though, I've don't know if there is a bath room below the parking nearest hole one. Can anyone shed some light on that and looking at the map tell me roughly where I should put it.  Also does that bathroom have water.

http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Portals/0/pages/Courses/coursemaps/harbin_map_09.pdf
StorminSteve
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:27:29 PM

Any results from Sat tourney's ?
Brad_H
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:36:31 PM

Barrett and his partner won.

I might be able to get some results from Hank when I see him
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:32:28 PM

mikekem wrote:
I updated the course map to Harbin.  One question though, I've don't know if there is a bath room below the parking nearest hole one. Can anyone shed some light on that and looking at the map tell me roughly where I should put it.  Also does that bathroom have water.

http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Portals/0/pages/Courses/coursemaps/harbin_map_09.pdf

So I didn't get any answers to this question.  Is there a bathroom in the lower parking lot nearest hole 1 and does that bathroom have running water?  Please tell me roughly where the bathroom is on my map.  Thanks.
frizgolf
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:24:46 PM

There are two rest rooms in the park.
Here is a pdf of the park with a legend:
http://www.fairfield-city.org/images/harbinparkmap.jpg
The bathroom by the parking is below the other lot (the lot on the right under the listing for hole distances). That map you have is facing west. (Meaning west at the top of the screen. The lot under the distance listings would be on the east.) As you're looking at that map you posted, the bathroom is off the lower left of that lot(southeast). You walk through the tree line by the basketball court and it would be on your right (as you're facing east).
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:51:52 PM

Thanks a lot Russ, you know I spent hours making that map when there was already a pretty good one available on the parks website. I guess I should have checked.