Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Disc Golf Class at Cincinnati State Options
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:32:35 AM

There will be a Disc Golf Class at Cincinnati State this fall. They need 10 to have the class - 5 are signed up already. I will give more info when I receive it shortly. If anyone knows someone who goes there tell them about the class. Max capacity is 12 so sign up soon so you don't get closed out of one of the best classes offered this year!
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:08:44 AM

Not going to teach, but may be a guest speaker. I believe the class is going to be 4-6 on Thursdays. Get the word out there!
PaulDmt
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 3:57:35 AM

Oh no! This isn't a return of the Plop shot guy is it? I wonder if that thread is still around...
Dellahyam
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:43:23 AM

Im actually in this class this term! We are having a Blast!!
BIGBOY
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:36:18 AM

Just wanted to throw out the invite to all disc golfers in the class. I welcome you to come up to oxford at the end of the month to participate in the GCFDA course challenge. It is an informal tournament that is one day and two rounds. We have divisions for all skill levels and it is very inexpensive to play in. Look at our events page on the website to get the full details. Course challenges are a great way to meet other people in the sport and learn and see things you never thought were possible to do with a disc. If you have any questions please post. I look forward to seeing you in Oxford. When you do come up to the course challenge I will be taking your money at sign in. Please introduce yourself and let me know that you are in the disc golf class.

John Kuhns
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:45:32 AM

See ya at class tonight, I might be a few minutes late. Work through another meeting on me for today.
discnforfun
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:40:02 PM

Thanks Matt. I think the students definitely enjoyed watching you play and picking up some pointers to help their game. Hope you can make it again next week at Mt. Airy.
Dellahyam
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:54:36 PM

They thanks Matt! Learned alot today!
RBFaul
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:09:08 AM

Are you guys offering it up in the coming Summer Term?
discnforfun
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:00:02 PM

To be determined... For sure in the Fall Term, but summer is going to depend on some unresolved issues. At this point I would say it is 50 - 50.
Liz
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 5:51:35 PM

Can anyone give me a bit of information about this class? I'd like to make mention of it in our summer newsletter - scheduled to be released next week - late notice I know, but anything will be helpful. Email me at lizshooner@yahoo.com
discnforfun
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 8:12:33 PM

Sorry Liz,

I have been out of town since last Thursday. I did manage to get a round in at the Lakeshore Park course in Ashtabula, Ohio over the weekend. The course setting is very nice. It's right on Lake Erie and every hole has three optional concrete tee pads, one reasonable length, one short and one very short. It was entertaining but not that challenging.

I don't know it it's too late to send you some information but I'll get you something tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest!