Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2007 Course Challenge Series Options
Rob J
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:54:14 PM

Heck Steve, the Burnett scores aren't even up yet! ... last year the results seemed to go up within a few days of an event's completion ...

at Monroe, i believe Pete shot 11 down in Open for the hot first round, 4 down was best in Masters if i remember right...
David Cox i think shot an 11 down in the second round and won Open...
pcaldwell
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 4:22:18 PM

What I remember:

Caldwell -11, -4(-2 after scorecard penalty) = -13 (3rd)
Cox -9, -10 = -19 (1st)
Vandemark -7, -8 = -15 (2nd)
Hollingshead -6, -1 = -7 (5th)
Finnegan came back from way out and got 4th

Lefties weren't happy.

Rob J
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 4:22:27 PM

STEVO, i was hoping to hurry somebody, but only because Burnett was my first win this year and i wanted it up before it became old news... too late for that now, no big whoop :)

in our division (aka: Pro Masters) i was winning after 1 round but started out a deuce hole with a 5 during round 2 and then i took a 6 when i played from the wrong lie. Long-story short: Jim Ferrara took Pro Masters with Fishnet and i tying for 2nd... David Cox won Open.
STEVO
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 7:04:35 PM

So is 11 under the current course record, Pete? That's a hot round on a course that raw, especially for an aging righty. :smile

Dave C., -19 for the day is stout....

Rob, don't worry, no one will forget your heroic Burnett exploits. bow

Side question: Did anyone get close to reaching hole 6 with their drive?
Kool Keith
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:46:53 AM

Scores need to be uploaded still.

Can we get a couple of people that are backups permission to get into the website and input scores? When all the responsibility is put on one persons shoulders, they are the only one that should catch crap for them not being posted. Share the responsibility and get things done.

matthew_blakely
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:43:03 AM

It's the end of the world. The scores aren't in. Relax people.
They will be entered in soon enough. The people who enter the scores, or who have had the scorecards are the one's who have been nice enough to run events even though they have a busy life outside of disc golf.

First off I got the burnett cards with the board before gulley, I never made contact with Paul because of are busy life besides running the tournament. after that it all got passed on to nick who was busy running and preparing for the duece or die tournaments. Than Paul has been on vacation and I'm not even sure if he is back. So people Relax, we are all people helping and trying to better the sport. The more complaints and whining here just frustrates those who are doing the work.
Kool Keith
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:46:56 AM

No problem Stick - I've volunteered many times to help open up the website a little. It seems as if the holder of those keys is reluctant to let anyone else in the door. Same for being able to add/edit the calender, and lots of other things.

I'd like to ask you Matt, how are my posts on this (counter)productive?

Officially, if you'd like to help with this issue, please post up. I'll volunteer first, and I'd bet Rob wouldn't be far behind (he has experience doing the scores/online reporting for mulitple PDGA events).

I'd love to suggest another person or two, but the club has already soured those individuals such that they would rather sit on the sidelines with their time and talents and watch the train wreck burn, rather than get out and start pulling bodies from the mess.

NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:58:36 PM

August 4th is the next Course Challenge at Harbin. We'll set up the 4 temp holes & play 2 rounds of the 18 hole Flying Pig layout. $100 added to Open, five $10 gift certificates to Disc 'n Dat as CTP's for ams, two dx discs as a CTP for am women.

If anyone wants to sell lunch to raise money for the Pig, I'm sure Pete would be appreciative.

We also will need four baskets to set up the temp holes. Post here if you can bring one.
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:22:54 AM

I appreciate all the local TD's... especially those who are running their first PDGA events here locally. They did a good job with getting scores reported and ratings calculated on the SAME DAY as their respective tournaments.

I wish this type of attention would be paid to the CCS events that these TD's have either put on, or oversee. It seems like maybe more people need to have the access to put in the scores, since it's 2 weeks + since the last CCS, and even longer since Burnett.

NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:33:26 AM

I'm sorry the scores aren't up yet, but that's something I really don't have any control over. I was able to get the Board Cards to Paul last Thursday after several attempts early last week. Personally, I just hope he's ok. It's not like Paul to be this late or elusive.

It's not the Course Challenge TD's responsibility to post scores online. Just to make sure the cards get to Paul in a reasonable amount of time, and I don't think a week or two is unreasonable. It probably would be a good idea to have a back up for Paul, just as Marlow has a back up vendor for when he's unable to do it.
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:51:53 AM

If there are behind the scenes issues that I don't know about, please excuse my insensitivity - I don't know about them.

That said, we need to have a backup, and a backup backup to prevent stuff like this from happening. In fact, I'll bring a laptop with a EDGE connection to the next meeting and hopefully Paul can instruct a couple other people to be able to put in the scores.

A week isn't unreasonable... two weeks is getting close. This is all subject to the schedule of the CCS anyway... if we have a CCS the last week of a month, but the next one is in 2 weeks, then the scores need to be entered a little faster so people know where they stand going into events. If there are 6 weeks between CCS tourneys, then 2 weeks isn't unreasonable to have the scores in.

In addition, I think we need a backup Secretary. This is something that I'm expressly not volunteering for, just a need that definitely needs filled. I remember once upon a time when people said that meeting minutes were going to be posted on the website... that has NOT happened on any type of regular basis. Further, when (if) we do that, there should probably be a tab on the front page to access stuff like that, not go digging through forums to have to try to find it. My ADD gets me off track everytime when confronted with searching for CONCERNED clues or looking for the club's official business.

NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:07:45 PM

August 4th is the next Course Challenge at Harbin. We'll set up the 4 temp holes & play 2 rounds of the 18 hole Flying Pig layout. $100 added to Open, five $10 gift certificates to Disc 'n Dat as CTP's for ams, two dx discs as a CTP for am women.

If anyone wants to sell lunch to raise money for the Pig, I'm sure Pete would be appreciative.

We also will need four baskets to set up the temp holes. Post here if you can bring one.
STEVO
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:41:47 PM

In the old days (blah, blah, blah), we waited for up to three months for the latest edition of The Flying Newsletter (ode to Derek Clayton) to get results of the CCS and other local tournaments....pretty nice problem to have now, expecting them to come out in a week or two.

Plus, PDGA results being posted almost in real time has spoiled us, as well.

With that said, if someone is willing and able to volunteer to zip the scores and other tidbits onto the information superhighway quickly, let 'em have at it.
Kool Keith
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:50:08 AM

Funny you should mention that Steve.

I tried to write a small article for the newsletter about the CCS series, but it was VERY incomplete as the last 2 CCS scores were unavailable to myself or other newsletter staff. So, there's that....

Back in the old days I heard you tossed an Aero on the back of a pterodactyl and set the prehistoric distance record... and that you did so RIGHT HANDED!
Discgolfkid
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:06:10 AM

I would like to volunteer, at least for the Harbin CC. I'll be helping Nick out, and in addition to posting the scores I would also like to post all player's ratings for the course using the PDGA spreadsheet. Eventually I wish I could find a way to differentiate layouts, like between normal oxford and Big Ox.
Kool Keith
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:46:25 AM

Sweet! Your efforts would be greatly appreciated Jonathon. Differentiating the layouts with the PDGA spreadsheet is not hard... the system on our website sucks because it doesn't take into consideration that Banklick now has 24 holes, etc with all the temp layouts and permanently changed courses.

I can give you some assistance with using the PDGA spreadsheet if needed Jonathon.
Discgolfkid
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:45:16 PM

Well, that's good to know. Regardless, I'll be there to help (8 AM?) with taking signups, whatever you need. How are we looking on marking/work for the temp holes?

I don't know who has the authority to let me enter scores, but I wouldn't mind doing it for at least harbin.
NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:08:43 PM

Thanks, Jon. I'll be up there Friday evening to mark where the baskets & tees should go. If you'd like to help with that let me know. I'm not sure what time right now, but I'll let you know.
STEVO
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:28:30 PM

Maybe Paul is getting ready to post again as his alter ego, Concerned (Oops, I hope I didn't give anything away). laugh

C'mon, Paul....Come out, come out, wherever you are....expose yourself....verbally, that is.
NEngle
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 5:52:25 PM

We also need 3 more baskets. Post here if you can bring one.
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:22:55 PM

AJ Jolly is the next Course Challenge - it's a beautiful course - though the wind can be a challenge sometimes, I hope we get good weather and a good turnout. I'll be calling the park guy this week, to ask if we can camp there Friday night and maybe play a round of glow golf - would there be any interest in something like this??
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:06:38 AM

Well, unfortunately, I spoke with the PArks and Rec guy and he said that camping is closed for the season and didn't seem willing to budge, sooooo...we'll just do the standard course challenge on 10/13.
Liz
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2007 9:50:11 AM

Quote:
rangel - 9/26/2007 2:17 PM

Liz. Remind the Park's people about the gate and the lock. Maybe we can avoid last years start.

When I talked to Dennis (parks guy), he swore that didn't happen last year, despite my detailed description of the morning's endeavors, I still don't think he believed me, but he promises it'll be open this year, I will call him at least once next week for a friendly reminder.
rangel
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2007 10:42:02 AM

Oh yeah laugh Go get the chain the sheriff cut to open the gate laugh

On the topic of sheriff(s). I had a free morning and drove over to Jolly Friday. Highway 27 has a speed limit of 45 and it appears to be enforced. No one was speeding around me. Not even a little.
Liz
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 7:45:07 AM

AJ Jolly Course Challenge this Saturday - the 13th, weather is looking much more "fallish", hopefully the winds will treat us right. Sign-up by 9:30 am, player's meeting 9:45 am, tee-off at 10:00 am - don't forget the Disc n Dat gift certificates for CTPs, free disc to AM women CTP, and $100 Added Cash to the Open Division!  Hope to see everyone out there!