Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

new ideas! Options
berto
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 2:40:14 PM

After reading some posts on the message board a couple ideas jump out at me. First I think a club t- shirt should be created. This could be done as a fundraiser for the club through a design submission contest. The club would pick the design, and a new design each year would keep intrest in it high. I know that the only shirt i have that represents the club is the pig shirt. I think a cool shirt would not only draw interest in the club from people out on the coarse, but would also give club members a way to show their pride and their support for our club. It could include the dates for the coarse challenge series on the back, and could include sponser logos on the back as well. Sponsership could cover the costs of making the shirt as well as increase profitabillity for the club. This money generated by the shirt could be used in a simular way as the grill raffle money. It could be added prize money at coarse challenges , or opperating money for the club. Plus the shirts themselves could be offered as prizes. I personally would love to see a club shirt that i could wear to out of town tournaments to represent the club, that is as long as we order some 2xl's.........
Secondly, I think to bring our club site up to date we need to be able to accept credit cards. This would allow online membership renewall, pre registration for any club event, and the abillity to sell fundraising items through the club site. Items such as a club t- shirt, sticker, or any other item. This could easily be done through paypal, and several others. Then the cost for the service could just get tacked on to the purchase instead of out of the club's budget. This is a win win. It makes collecting the membership due easier, and makes renewal for members much easier as well........... thanks - berto
Craig
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 8:56:33 PM

I like the Idea of having clubs shirts. Don't know if they could try to make money off of them though, since they're going for the non-profit thingy(I think). But would be cool to have shirts to represent the club while I'm out of town. Another thing that most other near by clubs have, that I have seen is Mini's, atleast louisville, Dayton, C-bus and LEX. I don't recall ever seeing a GCFDA mini.
berto
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 10:26:30 PM

They can sell shirts to raise funds even as a non profit. Just the same way that they are selling raffle tickets....... The only club mini's I have seen are from the pig. They could have minis , towels , hats, ect... I just think a shirt is something that appeals to everyone. If that succeeds, which it would, then why not offer other things to. When you think about it, it is absurd that we don't have a club shirt...... Even the worlds biggest has shirts.. Thats the best part of any players package...... I would would buy 2 or 3. Plus with a new design each year, i would buy one or more each year...... thats a lot of money we could be putting back into our sport each year.!!!!!!
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:01:29 AM

[QUOTE]Craig - 2/26/2007 10:56 PM

I like the Idea of having clubs shirts. Don't know if they could try to make money off of them though, since they're going for the non-profit thingy(I think).

We certainly can make $ off of t-shirt sales, non-profit only means that the shareholders (i.e. members, employees, of an organization don't receive benefits such as profit sharing, stocks, etc). NP organizations have fund raisers all the time.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:09:23 AM

I'm all for it Berto. Lets get this idea rolling. I know Nengle has a shirt contact.
NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:24:27 AM

So does Craig. He can get them cheaper than me.
berto
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:28:23 PM

first we need to come up with a cool idea for the shirt... My girlfriend is a great artist and could work up a couple ideas. Who else in the club can we get to come up with some ideas as well? We should have open submissions for the shirt untill a certain date and the pick the best one. Any ideas????
berto
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:31:53 PM

I might also poke around and see if i can get some quotes on it....... I'm curious to see if I'm right about the costs...... Who deals with sponserships, and the soliciting of sponsers for the club?????? Anyone know????
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:24:59 PM

The answer for the club contact for sponsorships is not going to be what you expected Rob. Traditionally, if you want to pursue a venture outside the clubs normal scope of business, it's on you totally.

We've talked about making an official channel for things like this, but it hasn't happened yet.

On shirts, it's been a little while since I've headed a project like that, but there are a few things to consider when comparing costs.

Quality of the plain shirts to start with.
Quantity
Screen setup costs
How many color screens
Size of the graphic

I've found shirts from 3-7.00, printing set up for free to $50 a screen, printing costs between .75 and 2.00 per color. The higher the quantity, the lower the per item cost, obviously.

Rob, I'd like to help you on this idea. I've got a full plate until Friday, but expect a call sometime soon. I've got some serious ideas, but limited art.

Discgolfkid
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:16:36 PM

Do we have some sort of club slogan or anything to put on the shirts?
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 9:09:42 PM

No.

We have a logo, on a vinyl banner, that we like to hang up at events when properly coordinated (i.e. it is brought). That wouldn't look too terrible on a tee shirt, but there's no slogan, motto, or memorable saying associated with the club.

See Nick Engle if you want a shirt with a slogan on it. I believe he has some red tees left from this weekend with a slogan - can't quite remember exactly how it read, but Nick or Blakely know.
Craig
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:48:56 AM

"Shut the **ck up Blakely"
wallnutz14
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:27:12 AM

What's up people?! Just stoppin in to say hi to those of you I haven't seen in forever. Craig, Nick, stickboy , Shelby, McGoo, etc. Hope all is well with you and I'll see you on the course sometime soon I'm sure.
NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:35:04 AM

If you're not at BG I'll know you're scared. Good to hear from you, Mark.
berto
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2007 3:17:05 PM

I have come up with a couple design Ideas. I think that we could have a basic shirt for this year , just to get the concept rolling. A disc flying at a basket on the upper left of the front. This would have a circle around the design with the words greater cincinnati along the top of the circle and flying disc association along the bottom of the circle.. On the back of the shirt would be the cc series date followed by coarse.
example;

2007 coarse challenge series

3/24 - mt. airy
4/21 - big boone woods
5/26 - oxford
ect..........

then- cincinnatidiscgolf.com along the bottom back....
This is simple, but gets the job done. we could even have it done by the airy coarse challenge. Print white lettering on blue shirts. Maybe have several colors of shirts with one color lettering. This could be done super cheap and still produce a good quality shirt.... I have several more complex ideas. One that would be a city scene with a golfer throwing across the river. That one could be really cool. However that one would take time and would be more expensive.

This is why we need people talking about this if we want to have shirts this year!!!!!
BrandonBradshaw
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2007 7:43:55 PM

I like the design we used for our club stickers that were released a couple of years ago(with the unorthodox basket in yellow with blue background). I think that would make a pretty unique shirt that has a lot of appeal. I also like your idea of having the ccs schedule printed on the back, along with the website address.
NEngle
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2007 8:28:47 PM

I like it!  I also liked this idea from FattyJ a couple years ago:

FattyJ
Posted 7/13/2005 12:55 PM (#3358)
Subject: T-shirt Idea for GCFDA
Quote Reply Alert Edit Delete

(216.68.139.210)
I have a project I am working on designing a T-shirt for the GCFDA. My idea is to make a Cincinnati/Northern KY spinoff of the "Life Is Full Of Difficult Choices" t-shirts. Basically I wanted the front to say "Life Is Full Of Difficult Choices" and underneath have it say "Cincinnati Disc Golf". Then on the back I wanted to have all of the local courses. If I can find/make graphics for all the courses to distinguish them that would be cool or I could use some of the course maps. I work at a graphic design company so I have access to Adobe Photoshop and also have a decent connection to get the shirts made. I really don't want to make money on this idea actually I'd rather donate the design to the GCFDA and maybe you could sell them at the Flying Pig and at course challenges to help raise money for whatever was needed(help fund the pig, the GCFDA, next years Disc 'N' Dat for example). I'm looking for some feedback from everybody interested(Bayless, Caldwell ...) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if this is a good idea or not and what you would like to be on the t-shirt. Thanks.

Edited by FattyJ 7/14/2005 5:19 PM

berto
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2007 11:27:27 PM

I really like that idea. That would be a great shirt. There are a couple of things that would take a bit more time with that one, and if we want a shirt soon we would probably have to be pretty simple with the over all design. I think to do his Ideas justice, each coarse would need a simple design to represent it. Which conceptually is more like 6 or 8 little designs. Also the cost to reward ratio needs to be considered this first time to ensure that it is profitable for the club and to ensure they make another shirt next year. For instance to make the life is full of choices shirt work it would need to be at least 4 colors. We probably need to stay at 2 colors for the price to stay low enough to get it off the ground. Like the pig shirt from last year, which is also two colors. However if someone were to capture the spirit of each coarse in 8 or so mini 2 or three color drawings we might be able to make it happen.. I think that with more time to do it, that wont be a problem.... Who knows maybe after doing a simple one this year we will gain support and a budget to do that shirt next time. Which may be the best bet. All in all I would totally buy that shirt.. Which is a big consideration, we must make the shirt appealing..... Also who knows fatty j? I would love to pick his brain about his shirt connection. As well as see if he ever came up with designs for it.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:16:15 PM

FYI, I have a Mt Airy embroidered shirt that I sell if anyone is interested(to buy). Also I have a shirt design for Idlewild in the works.
Administrator
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:14:49 AM

Having a club t-shirt sounds like a good idea. If people would like to get their ideas on paper, we can discuss it at the next meeting.
berto
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 10:01:46 PM

I have a few things that I will have together soon.
berto
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:24:07 PM

Ok I have called a ton of places and every quote is about 7 dollars a shirt including a all coton or 50 /50 shirt, and a 1 or 2 color design. If anyone has better connections for shirts, let me know. I am trying to have a proposal for the next club meeting. also when is the meeting? where? Any input would be appriciated. thanks.- berto
Liz
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 7:47:58 AM

Our next meeting should be Monday April 9th, I'm not sure who had signed up to set up the meeting location. Paul will look into it after work.
berto
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:05:15 AM

Thanks liz....... Is there a spot on the board where that info usually is posted?
Liz
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:45:49 AM

It is usually under the calendar function, it will be updated soon. thanks