Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Disc interest poll Options
Administrator
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 6:47:29 PM

Every year our club orders discs from the various manufacturers. We try to get a variety and keep the selection interesting. Our vendor, Dave Marlow, makes the recommendations as to what is actually ordered. However, for fun we thought that we would post a poll asking everyone what they would order if they were vendor! I started the list with the 12 discs that Dave used in his recent distance studies. Please post with other suggested additions. I'll take up to 3 ideas from any one person so Rob, Bob, and other disc aficionados :hand think about what you REALLY would like to see. I will not list every DX, JK, Pro, Champion, X, Z, or ashes embedded variation out there. After a couple days, I'll throw a poll up on the front page. Dave's 12 test discs -Aerobie Epic Ching Velocity +DGA Rogue Discraft ESP Surge Discwing Quarter K Innova Star Wraith Latitude 64 Primitus Gateway Evolution Inferno Lightning #1 driver Millennium Sirius Orion LS Quest Raging Inferno Some more ideas... Innova Pro Wraith Innova Star Starfire Innova Pro Starfire +Innova DX Avair Innova DX Roc Innova Champion Firebird Innova Champion Beast Innova Pro Leopard Innova Champion Valkyrie Innova Pro Valkyrie Innova Champion Orc Innova Champion Teebird Innova Champion Sidewinder Discraft FLX Challenger Discraft ESP Avenger Discraft ESP Avenger SS Discraft ESP Crush Discraft Z Crush +Discraft Elite X Crush Discraft Elite X Comet Discraft ESP Buzz Discraft Elite X Buzz Discraft ESP Wasp Discraft Elite X Wasp Discraft Z Wasp Discraft Elite X Wildcat +DGA Tsunami DGA Squall +Star Orc +Star Roadrunner +Innova DX Coyote Innova Star Teebird-L Discraft Elite Tracker Discraft Z-Predator (+positive, -negative) :bike
Discgolfkid
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 7:07:40 PM

I have an Innova Champion Sidewinder (161 weight) and the disc's understability and low weight make it a great driver for tailwinds or low-power players looking to maximize distance.
Craig
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 7:13:47 PM

I'd like to see some more Tsunami's in the area. The aerobie epic isn't woth ordering in my opinion, was only use for trick thumber and tommies, as far as I ever saw it used for. And I thought the Rogue was a good did as well, similar to the wraith and surge.
NEngle
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 7:59:26 PM

I believe Mr. Marlow's findings will be published in the GCFDA Summer Newsletter, due to be published the second week of July.
Rob J
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 8:19:19 PM

Star Orc
Star Roadrunner
DX Coyote

Ontario Rocs are available as TFR (Tournament Fund Raiser) discs
and would probably go over well with Roc enthusiasts... (i'm happy
with the broken-in Roc characteristics of the Coyote, hence it made
my top 3 above, but Ontario Rocs are a disc that would probably be
easy for a club vendor to 'move')
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 8:47:12 PM

Ontario roc for sure! Star Teebird-L. Elite Tracker.
NEngle
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 8:54:27 PM

Yellow X-Crush, Orange DX P&A Aviar, Opaque Z-Predators.

:angel