Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

future of Winton woods Options
edge
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:40:58 PM

Hey, I haven't run into the club at Winton Woods in a long while and was curious as to the status of Winton Woods. At one point there was serious talk of a new course and talk of pulling the old one out.

Anyone have any updates?

thanks

whatever happen to Hank? :cool
NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:08:39 PM

I think the current plan is to keep Winton as is. At one point they wanted to put a campground where the course is, but I don't think that's going to happen now.

Hank's still around. I see him all the time, in the most unexpected places.
edge
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 6:25:55 AM

Winton Woods has so much land and one of the most-played courses in the tri-state area. I really don't see (other than cost) why they don't put an additional, new 18 hole course in.
LStephens
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 7:13:14 PM

I played disc golf for the first time in my life last year....3 times total all last year and all three times at Winton Woods. I played tonight at 8pm-8:45pm...practically sprinted thru the course and played thru atleast 5 groups. I remember last year of hardly reaching any baskets....tonight I used my putter on most holes and I'm a mere 808 rated player. I shot a -10 with 4 missed putts of < 15 feet...yea I need more practice..but who doesn't? I was thinking that this course is too easy...almost useless....it needs to be redone...and then I thought back just one short year ago and how I fared. I looked around me at the quality of players and realized that almost everyone was new to the sport. Most groups were 4 or more people and you had one decent player showing his friends how to play. I instantly changed my mind and realized that every course has its place...and Winton Woods is to bring new players into the game....it's a place to go to work on your short game when you are having problems....it's a place for you to work on your forehand shots...it's a place to go with people you want to bring into the sport without them being demoralized by them throwing 80 feet while you blast 400+ and moan about it going left 30 feet too far.

So leave it be...it is serving its purpose well.
berto
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 8:16:48 PM

I was told that the course was designed by steady ed. headrick and that they would never take it out..... and they shouldn't......... They should put in a world class course in addition......... get it started, email the parks politely....... stranger tactics have worked...........