Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Boone Woods Options
JRott
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:59:08 PM

Anything new here?
KevinB
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:52:59 AM

I'm waiting reply from Boone County now. Even though Boone County Parks has been very supportive of disc golf, I urge no one to hold their breath here. Boone Woods baskets & re-design, for whatever reason, is one thing I'm not getting any information about.

I would implore everyone that has played Boone Woods or wants to play a re-design of Boone Woods to go to the following link:
http://www.egovlink.com/boonecountyky/action.asp?actionid=8656
and write the parks department and let them know that you would like to see this happen.

I know the majority of folks might not be from Boone County, so you can put your name and the address of Boone Woods, which is 6000 Veterens Way, Burlington, KY 41005, in the form. 

That is where you would like to play and chances are that is the area you might spend some money, either picking up a beverage or disc at a local store, grabbing a bite to eat at a restaurant or tavern, or filling the tank of your vehicle at a local gas station.  I believe that the two things go hand and hand.  Sure, there is a cost to getting new baskets and re-designing Boone Woods, but that will only make it a better destination spot for those to come play and help businesses around the park.

I know I'm the silly one that thinks if you write these people things may happen.  However, I do know that if you don't, it won't at all or anytime soon.  The disc golf community around here, as a whole, is a little louder than I am as one person.

I was thinking of trying to give out the above information and ask that everyone send their note in on the same date, at the same time.  I'll be thankful if you could just do it whenever you have the chance.
Big D
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 12:11:39 AM

Hey is there anything new about the coarse re-design?
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 7:50:49 AM

Yes...classic case of hurry up and wait...well..we've waited...now it's hurry up again time....no promises...but work should start soon.

I know that was kinda vague...but since we can't make any promises..we don't want to get your hopes up..but if all goes to plan..you should be playing the new layout in a few months.
KevinB
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 6:34:08 PM

Some new Innova baskets have been received by Boone County Parks. As far as where they are going and when that will be, not sure.
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 11:28:11 PM

Now we just gotta wait for the parks to have some concrete pouring time :) Hopefully we can have this in before the Disc N Dat Ace Race Extravaganza! Ah...can't wait...a full day of disc golf with Ace Race discs, Mini Golf, Day-Glo, and food and friends....with new baskets that actually hold putts...and the conversations of if this is the year that the Bengals can go to the Super Bowl....heh
Madmike
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 11:37:46 PM

If it wouldnt be a problem i could pour the crete or help with voluntarily or some nice slick limestone tee pads lol i can get a hell of a lot if someone has a bobcat and a dumptruck
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:39:15 PM

I'd be willing to volunteer some effort to make Boone a better course. My girlfriend and I play out there quite a bit and it would be nice to maximize the potential as best as possible out there. I'm looking forward to new baskets and some tee signs so that people don't have to wander around looking for the next tee.

Would also be interested in working on some new bridges for out there if that is a possibility. Something sturdy and large enough to get the mowers across the creek so that its not knee high grass.
Madmike
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:05:08 PM

L_Stephens wrote:
Now we just gotta wait for the parks to have some concrete pouring time :) Hopefully we can have this in before the Disc N Dat Ace Race Extravaganza! Ah...can't wait...a full day of disc golf with Ace Race discs, Mini Golf, Day-Glo, and food and friends....with new baskets that actually hold putts...and the conversations of if this is the year that the Bengals can go to the Super Bowl....heh

Well dont hold your breath on the bengals super bowl apperance lol with the game they played last night it look like my first round this afternoon!!!
agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:36:55 AM

When is this ace race extravaganza?
Eric Simpson
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:59:43 AM

L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 10:14:26 PM

Was out at Boone tonight....baskets 12-17 have been pulled getting ready for the new course layout. Two bobcats are out there ready to do some work.
Madmike
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 10:52:29 PM

sweet jesus yes i cant wait to see it finished
Tim Tim
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:59:46 AM

Plus don't forget! The new acerace disc this year, for the first time ever, is a putter! You get one in ESP and Pro D.
topherb
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:07:54 AM

I'ts going to be weird! that course has been there for a min. I remember going there when i was a little kid! Hell that was back when pioneer park had a course!lol sorry thats prob before you were born Tim! lol
topherb
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:15:18 AM

But I'm so stoked!!!
Tim Tim
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:18:58 AM

topherb wrote:
I'ts going to be weird! that course has been there for a min. I remember going there when i was a little kid! Hell that was back when pioneer park had a course!lol sorry thats prob before you were born Tim! lol

Are you really THAT old?  hehehe laugh
topherb
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:41:35 AM

It feels like it sometimes!!! lol
Madmike
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:57:19 PM

listen to you two making us old people sound even older headin to disc n dat to get my destroyers back and beat them in my bag is almost complete
Tim Tim
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:57:47 PM

Yea I know what ya mean, I'm only 22 and some days I even feel like I'm falling apart....
topherb
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:17:49 PM

Madmike wrote:
listen to you two making us old people sound even older headin to disc n dat to get my destroyers back and beat them in my bag is almost complete

they had some nice pink ones!
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:54:50 PM

I met with David Whitehouse from Boone County parks this morning and they want to do an opening ceremony for the new disc golf course the 1st week in October. They have started the restoration project on the creek and should be done at the end of September. We(Bob Herbert and I) have to make some final changes on the new design before tee pads can be installed. The course will play much longer(can you say rollers) than the original but quite a few holes will have multiple tee pads.

Boone county is looking for tee sign sponsors for the new Boone Woods course. The tee signs will be the same as the Idlewild signs and sponsorship is good for the life of the sign. $100.00 is the cost for sponsoring a tee sign. There are 15 left. So get your pals together and get your name on a sign.
Make checks out to: Boone County Fiscal Court, C/O Boone County Park, P O Box 566, Burlington, Ky 41005. Make sure you put what you want on the tee sign.

The old baskets will be regalvanized and used at other Boone county parks.

I will update here when I know more.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:48:02 PM

that is awesome news... I was playing boone before since its so close to my apartment. Now I will play it even more!
Tim Tim
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:50:44 PM

I know I'm not from that area but I used to go early to play Boone before heading to play Idlewild but now it sounds like I might look at Boone as much more than just a warm up course!
topherb
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:56:08 PM

Boone was the first course I ever played and its what got me into disc golf!