Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Instep Basket at Sams Club Options
Blotz
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 12:23:26 PM

Just picked up an Instep Basket at Sams Club for $64 plus tax.

Quick capsule review....

Incredibly easy setup. Not too heavy, which is good cuz it has no wheel. Only one set of chains. Has anybody modified one of these to add another set of chains or at least a ring at the bottom?

Very happy with it so far, plus it comes with 3 crummy discs that will now live in Abby's sandbox!

Now I can learn to putt at my leisure, thus saving the tender ears of my compatriots from more profanity laden breakdowns and bag tossing tantrums! :nuke :nuke :nuke :nuke

13ruce-137
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 2:34:14 PM

i got one a couple of years ago and zip-tied an inner ring of chains from home depot to it .. works fine
LStephens
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 4:40:41 PM

I was going to get one...but Chad hasn't swung by Sam's for me since I don't have a membership.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 7:23:41 PM

Before you go out and buy anything from Sams/D icks/All about sports you shoud think about what they do or have done for disc golf in the area. Personally I can't think of anything. On the other hand we (disc golf retailers) run tournaments, do tons of course work, design courses, run leagues and donate to local events to name a few things.
It's a free country, shop wherever you want but consider what we do for disc golf and support the business that works for the game of disc golf.
mikesech
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 8:36:11 AM

thats not a bad price at all id buy it
Blotz
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 5:52:23 PM

Considering the number of disc's I lose each year, I don't think Disc-n-Dat is gonna suffer a great deal if I save a few bucks on my basket from Sam's.

:banghead

discndat
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:29:56 AM

Disc 'n Dat didn't say a word. We're fine with you purchasing what you need where you need. If you can find a good basket at a good price, go for it. Thanks for all your support.
13ruce-137
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:36:49 PM

Fred how much can you get me a better basket for ? Id like to plant one at Doral Field in Norwood. Hell City of Norwood is turning the screws pretty tight with the 2% gross they rape you for per year. They can spring for a basket. I would even consider a yellow monster.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:05:17 PM

Chad, I will have baskets available at the Pro shop at Mt Airy, coming soon. Along with everything else. Shoot me a pm. I need and appreciate your business and support and I will continue to work for disc golf in the Cincy area.