Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Harbin Course Challenge August 4, 2007 Options
bkaplan10
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 12:39:45 PM

Do any club members know who has the large (10 gallon or so) water cooler that belongs to the club? Hank Rodrick keeps telling me it exists and it would be nice to have for tomorrow. Even without it, there will be water available in a few places on the course.
pcaldwell
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 1:22:07 PM

I have both of the big Club coolers. I'll bring them both tomorrow to Harbin. I'll leave them for whoever is willing to bring them back on Sunday of the Flying Pig (full of water). Isn't there a spigot across the parking lot that can be used for filling them? Last time I brought them full of water and that's how my back seat ended up, too, after transport.

OSU_Golfer
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 6:21:55 PM

Depending on how fast everyone plays we will probably be done around 5 or 6. Just bring your entry fee and your A game and you should be good to go. Also, just so you're aware we will play one round in the morning. Then there is an ~1 hour lunch break. You can either bring your own or drive someplace, there are plenty of places near the course if you decide to do that. After lunch we play the second round, then add up the scores and do awards.

Also, if you or anyone else needs a mini I will bring some extras with me. My name is Dave Hollingshead if want to find me and grab one tomorrow morning.
NEngle
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 3:53:57 PM

Thanks for running it for me Brian! Wow, that's 3 CC's in a row. Troubleshooter Brian had to deal with a nasty hornet's nest on D & find a vendor. Well done, wish I could have been there....
Kool Keith
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 4:19:06 PM

Hornets nest is still there. Good CC though - Brian was such a good host, he let me win.
frizgolf
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 5:30:24 PM

Quote:
Kool Keith - 8/4/2007 6:19 PM

Hornets nest is still there. Good CC though - Brian was such a good host, he let me win.

Hornets are gone, though.
My second shot the first round was right next to it.
NEngle
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 9:46:33 PM

Yep. They got rid of the pests...not their home. Kap-Gun went over and beyond any CCS TD we've had since I've been Coordinator. Kap-Gun for GCFDA volunteer of the year!!!
MikeK
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:48:54 AM

Thanks for the great experience, everyone. Especially to Brian for running the event and finding/returning my Wraith. Everyone was great, and I got some really good tips that I'll be trying to put into action this week. You'll be seeing me around more events in the future, it was definitely fun.

Also, I forgot to return the mini I borrowed at the beginning of the day. It was a yellow disc with something about a Bluegrass tourny stamped on it. I don't know if this was Nick's or someone elses. If it is yours, just let me know and I'll make sure I get it back to you.