Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Star Destroyer Options
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 10:29:39 AM

Hopefully the First Run Star Destroyers will be in by the end of the week, but they are already going fast. Innova is limiting how many retailers can order and we have online Pre-Orders for most of our first order. We are going to try and order more next week, but we expect those to go just as fast. Here is what Innova says about The Destroyer:

Star Destroyer — Available Now

For those of you that have heard about the Star Destroyer, we are sure the following words have been long forthcoming. The Star Destroyer can now be ordered. The current stock is limited, so be sure to get your order in as soon as possible.

Two words will sum up this disc: fast and FAST! The Star Destroyer is the first Speed 12 disc we have released. Initial reviews compare the Star Destroyer to a faster TeeRex. It is also excellent for side arm shots.

bkaplan10
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2007 5:36:14 AM

Awesome! The Star Destroyer. What will Innova come out with next? The Sky Walker? The Darth Vader? The Jar-Jar Binks? 
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2007 7:53:49 AM

Land Speeder - Star Frigate - Star Cruiser... Destroyer is one of Led Zeppelin's best bootlegs ever!
LStephens
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2007 12:52:54 PM

Is mine in yet?...O wait...it isn't Friday...yet.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2007 1:35:40 PM

It should be here around 1:00 pm tomorrow. Our first shipment is already sold out, but we should have more in by the end of next week.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:25:25 AM

STAR Destroyer Pumpkin discs came in today. All are 175g except one at 169g.
zuberx6
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2007 7:42:50 PM

Is the Star Destroyer better than a Champion Destroyer? I'm a little confused.
Thanks
Craig
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:23:31 PM

<p>Same disc just different plastics. The champion is my favorite plastic, cause it's the most durable. The Star is supposed to be somewhat durable but with better grip. I don't really ever have a problem with grip so I prefer the duability. Also the champion destroyer are going for $100+ on ebay. You can get the star for normal prices.</p><p>Just so ya know</p><p>Innova's champion is equal to Discraft's Z.</p><p>Star to ESP.</p><p>DX to&nbsp;(I think) it's called D.</p>
2Timer
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 4:55:07 AM

From my experience the champion plastic in any mold (except wraith) is more stable and more consistent. The star Destroyer is touchy for me so I pulled it out of my bag. I will wait for the champion edition to see if it is better.
zuberx6
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 6:53:50 AM

Thanks! for the reply. I have been looking at ebay as well. I see they have a Japan 2008 open disc for sell on ebay 100.00 bucks. My daughter is in Japan to teach for two years, I told her to keep a eye open for them to see what price she can do lol.
nicole
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 8:18:35 PM

The Pro Destroyer (which I believe should be released any time now) is less stable than the Star Destroyer...I personally really like throwing the Pro Destroyer; it has great grip.

2Timer, do you think that Championship Wraiths seem significantly less stable than Star Wraiths? Some of my Championship Wraiths seem downright flippy...
LStephens
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 10:36:34 PM

I personally throw Wraiths forehand. Before I had adequate snap my Champion Wraith would fly pretty straight and then slightly hyzer back to the right before dying. Now, with a much stronger release the Champion Wraith will start drifting left in an almost mirror image of me throwing a Valkyrie backhand. Hmm..never thought about it until then...yes they are mirror images of each other. When I throw a Star Wraith it holds a straight line upon release and has a more pronounced fade at the end. When I throw a destroyer forehand..it turns into a forehand roller and goes maybe 200ft before slamming into a tree or something...I really hate that disc.
2Timer
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:55:39 AM

Hello Nicole..........yes, I have found Champ Wraiths to be very flippy right out of the box. It is strange to me that this is the first mold I ever seen that it is so understable in Champ plastic which is very disapointing to me. I think Pro Wraiths are the most stable and most predictable of the molds. Star is less stable and a little less predictable.
bobherb
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:04:06 AM

I had the same experience with a Champion Wraith and other type plastic discs as well.
However, after "tuning" the Champion discs (and other plastics) their flights have changed and become useful.
Please refer to the enclosed link:

http://www.aerobie.com/Products/Details/EpicTuningArticle.htm

Be careful not to go overboard on tuning. Try a little at a time, flying the discs between moderate tunings to check progress. Reversing an overtuned disc is possible.
DanH
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:37:59 AM

Nice link, Bob. I wish a had that guy's measurement device. I've never tried to intentionally tune a disc, but I'll have to give it a shot now.
bobherb
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 9:54:45 AM

It is not difficult.
It is well worth trying with a disc which is otherwise useless.
I have a Champion Beast which could not make up its mind whether to turn over or be over-stable.
After tuning it, I can now depend on it to fly slightly over-stable.
I use it in tight woods situations where I need a "durable" disc to finish flying left.

Back to the subject, I threw some Star Destroyers with Fred... I like them!