Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

DGA Mach Lite Options
MikeK
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:59:22 AM

What do people think of this basket?

I'm looking for a reasonably priced, portable basket that will most closely replicate the feel of the baskets are most courses (mostly in terms of the the chains).

I did a little research and came up with the DGA Mach Lite. Has anyone used one? Do you like it? If not, what would you recommend?

Also, do any stores nearby have them currently in stock? I'd rather buy it in person and avoid the shipping costs.

Thanks!
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 12:08:30 PM

We have the Mach Lite in stock Mike. I haven't actually ever putted on them, but most people that have purchased them have been happy and seem to like them better than either a Skill-Shot or DGA M-14.
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:13:38 PM

The Mach Lite is the best, by far, portable basket out there. The ADGA(Australian Disc Golf Association) uses nine of them for temporary courses and they work very well-great chains with easy setup and teardown. They are better than any temp baskets that have been used at our course challenges this year. And they are fairly light to carry but very sturdy.
NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:14:12 PM

Great review, John!!!
MikeK
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:03:30 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. After the reviews I read elsewhere and these ringing endorsements, it looks like I'm soon to be a Mach Lite owner!
MikeK
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 11:38:49 PM

Picked one up finally from Disc N Dat on Monday (it was nice to meet and talk with you a bit, Dan).

I had it out of the box and set up in maybe 5 minutes once I got home. Light enough for me to easily carry into the backyard without much effort, but like John said, really sturdy feeling.

I threw at it for about half an hour, mostly at distances in the 15-35 foot range, and it was great.

Took me maybe 2-3 minutes at most to collapse it and put it in its carrying bag.

Exactly what I was looking for, couldn't be happier.

It won't help me with my awful distance, but you've got to start somewhere, eh?