Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Disc Golf on the Point? Options
discnforfun
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 7:49:21 AM

Reporters and videographers from the Point TV show were at the tournament this past weekend and also interviewed yours truly on Thursday. There might be a short segment today on the show. I know that they interviewed Rebecca Cox. No gaurantees if they collected enough footage for a report... ...but I understand it probably will be there.

The Point is a live, sports-related news show, produced weekly in the studios of the Center for Innovative Technologies at Cincinnati State. It airs at noon on the CW network (formerly the WB.) The show is produced via a combination of high school and college students interested in various aspects of audio/video production. At this point there are students from 6 area high schools and 3 colleges involved with its production. It is one of a handful of live, network student-produced news shows in the country.

Late notice, but I just remembered it this morning. Sorry.
2Timer
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 9:25:43 AM

I just watched it and the editing was very bad. all they showed were people running up tee pads. If you didn't know the sport you wouldn't have a clue what was going on.
discnforfun
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 12:30:50 PM

A little harsh there my man? I just watched my dvr recording and it was fine; afterall it was 1 minute and 30 seconds long and it explained the background of the game, the basic concept, the similarities to ball gold, the variation in discs and four or five different players throwing the disc. It was editted in typical news reporting style. It wasn't a documentary on the game just a short little teaser/filler.