Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2007 Idlewild Course Challenge Options
KevinB
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 8:03:43 AM

This Saturday, September 15th is the 2007 Greater Cincinnati Flying Disc Association Idlewild Course Challenge.

Player check in and meeting will be by hole #1. Boone County Parks is setting up a tent for us there.

Idlewild is suffering severely from the extreme heat and lack of rain this summer, so with the trees going into a premature fall it's not as tight. So there is some positive, that if you get off track it won't be as hard to find that disc.

There will be raffles, contests and parlor tricks serving as fundraisers for the upcoming Kentucky State Doubles Championship on September 29th. Bring your extra dollars for a chance to win stuff.
Stay tuned for details.

We'll see you there!

KevinB
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 7:51:35 AM

Executive Chef Liz Shooner will be cooking and selling lunch hot off the grill at the Idlewild Course Challenge on Saturday, with proceeds going towards the 2007 Kentucky State Doubles Championship on September 29th.

13ruce-137
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:18:55 AM

Sweet , I've always said we need more parlor tricks at our club events. I can juggle fire and eat chainsaws, or was it eat fire and juggle chainsaws?
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:02:53 AM

We are also going to have the awards ceremony at Bourbon House. The plan is to get them to donate a percentage of money that we spend at their place of business. That money will also go towards the Ky States Doubles. Hope everyone can come and have a bite to eat and drink some cold ones.
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:04:50 PM

Also, if anyone has discs and minis they would like to get rid of, the Covington Kids program will beginning this weekend, and the hopes are for it to continue through the fall, any donations would be greatly appreciated, just find me at the CC.
KevinB
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:38:19 PM

Saturday at the Idlewild Course Challenge there will be a few things going on as fundraisers for the Kentucky State Doubles Championship.

Pay per throw CTP's. We'll have AM & Pro Divisions for standard CTP, so two winners for that. Fred is going to be doing a mini throw as well.

Winning prize bundles so far includes:
2007 Kentucky State Disc Championship Picture Disc which is Discraft Buzzz
Complete dinner for two card to Chipotle Mexican Grill
$20 Gift card to Florence Y'all Gyros & Wings on Mall Road in Florence, KY

Liz will be firing up the grill and selling lunch too.

There are a lot of tight divisions in the Course Challenge Series Points race, Idlewild could be the make or break!
The heat has finally lifted and the forcast looks nice for Saturday.

Come one, come y'all.
NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:42:52 PM

Don't forget $100 added to Open, five $10 Disc 'n Dat gift certificate CTPs for ams & one CTP for am women for 2 dx discs.

Kevin, do you have everything you need?
KevinB
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:05:02 PM

I believe so Nick, thank you for adding that information.

I forgot to mention the added cash to open and wasn't sure if the Disc N Dat was for every CC.

Thanks Disc N Dat.
KevinB
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 7:06:56 PM

Thanks to all that participated in the 2007 Idlewild Course Challenge. We couldn't have had a better day, weather was beautiful. I apologize for the shelter mix up for sign-ins.

Congrats to all Disc N Dat CTP winners and those that won prizes for the Kentucky States Fund Raising.
Thanks Disc N Dat.

Thank you Liz Shooner for cooking a mighty fine lunch. That's right kids, even tomatoes!
Thanks Matt Blakely for helping with scorecards and board.

Thanks to Florence Y'all Gyros & Wings, Chipotle Mexican Grill & Fred Salaz, for the Idlewild Picture Discs, for the Kentucky State fundraising donations.
DanH
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 7:23:26 PM

Great tournament today. Thanks Kevin, Fred, Liz, and everyone that helped. See you all in two weeks for the KY State Doubles. Happy Birthday Liz. Congratulations on turning 30! laugh
pcaldwell
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:19:03 AM

Who won? Anyone give a short synopsis of the results? Aces? Blakely get any incredible lucky bounces off the trees? Fred throw any silly throws that worked? Anyone cry about #11? Any good sunburns? Any one take any big numbers on 5,6,13,14,16,18?
KevinB
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 7:06:42 AM

David (ABC) Cox won Pro Open
Liz Shooner won Pro Women
I can't be sure about the rest of the winners.

Assistant TD and Idlewild master statistician Rob Johnston may be able to fill in the rest of the winners.

Fred said I had a very "memorable moment" as he watched me seven putt 18 in the first round, for a 12. Good times!

11's pin was in it's old placement for the course challenge. I watched Fred throw off that tee in the first round, pin high and slide into the creek OB, just to the left of the new footbridge. When will that guy learn to lay up?

No aces were scored.
However, the stage was set for the throw-off dramatically as Hans Multhopp, having to throw before leaving for work, asked me for a beverage, an ice cold Turbodog from Abita Brewing Company, sucked it down in one gulp and was the first to throw. He parked it right underneath the basket, said to me, "call me about my winnings", and left the scene in a cloud of dust. All in a matter of seconds. Both funny and awesome.

Joe Javins had quite a day, winning one of the Disc N Dat CTP prizes during the round, then winning the AM CTP fund raiser grand prize. Jeff Eades won the Pro CTP fund raiser CTP grand prize.
Brad Anderson won a CTP on short 14.

I took second place in the mini CTP fund raiser and won a Kentucky State Disc Golf Championships picture disc.

There were a few winners in the raffle for a picture disc as it turned into a Fred Frenzy drawing for a few extra winners. Mike McGue won one.

The weather was awesome, so everyone was a winner in that regard.

Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 9:47:36 AM

I saw Blakely get a "7" on #15 that cost him the win. I took a "7" on #16 that just cost me. Cox was steady as usual and Vandermark wasn't getting any breaks. It was fun playing with the young guns, although I out drove them all by 50' on both hole #1 and #15.
Cox won open with a score of 126, 3 over Blakeley.
Jeff Eades won Masters at 134, Mahl took second.
Alex Eyerman won advanced with a score of 151, one stroke better than Mike Kemner and Trevor Gillette.
JP Elam won intermediate wiht a 159, one over Joe Javis.
Russ Toelke won Adv Master with a 150(would have won Advanced).
Rebecca Cox Won intermediate women with a couple of very hot rounds(she almost had ctp on #12) she was closer than her dad, lots closer.
Thanks to Kevin and Rob for their help. Liz's lunch was awesome. I can not believe people actually go some where else to eat. Liz raised $81.00 for the Ky States doubles. Thanks Liz also thanks to the triple burger boys club for their contributions and appetite.
I haven't figured it out yet but we raised close to $200.00 for the Ky States. Thanks to all who participated. It was kind of fun wasn't it.
As Kevin would say: That is all.

frizgolf
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 6:02:50 PM

I woulda won Advanced? Geesh!
Oh, and that was GM. =)