Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Pride Park Options
DAMarlow
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:42:47 AM

I talked to Mark at Pride Park today. His plan is to bulldoze a path through the wood so that they can have access to the course for mowing, maintenance, and cleanup. Mark already has cut a path along hole 5, 6, and 7. He plans to take this path all the way down to the creek that holes 11 and 13 crosses. The park wants to keep the disc golf course on one side of this creek, therefore holes 11, 12, and 13 will have to be moved. The park also plans to make a path that goes around the perimeter of the park. Also hole 3 will have to be moved. Mark isn't starting any more bulldozing until 10/17/07. I am going to call him on 10/19/07 to set up a time to meet with him, which probably be sometime that day. Anyone interested in helping with the redesign will want to be there that day. Call me on my cell phone (513-225-2096) if you are interested in helping with the redesign.
agentdozzer
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2007 5:51:40 PM

The bulldozing is nearly complete, i play this course two to three times a week and would love to help on the redesign. I have not been on this page in a while so i must have missed the talk or planning that went down on the sevententh. I will check back in a few days to see whats up. I am glad i finally aced the one coming back from the other side of the creek before it is gone.
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:21:10 AM

Word is that Craig Law plays this course often enough. Try to have him get out there with you, it would be nice to have lefty perspective on course design.
STEVO
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 2:34:22 PM

Thank you, FinnMan! :dance
Craig
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:54:48 AM

Yeah I have some ideas for the redesign. My work schedule is the only thing in my way. Dave I PM'd you. I glad the park has got that trail almost done. will make work easier and hopefully upkeep on their end.
Also we need to get UNPLAYABLE taken out of the course directory since it's getting redone.
agentdozzer
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 10:31:15 AM

On my way out their now, i know the down hill hole has gotten alot of talk about beening moved, i hope we can find a way to at least keep the basket in that spot, even if it is not a official hole it is a one of a kind and i love it.
agentdozzer
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 1:38:27 PM

i added a few design's i have to my my space http://www.myspace.com/jweofrfl if any one cares to look and offer feed back they are under pics
agentdozzer
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 7:13:39 PM

anything new on the redesign?
CYBRSOLDR
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:39:56 AM

I was at Pride yesterday with some neighbors. We wanted to see if there was any progress. We were able to play the first 4. We got to 5 and the grass was high. We didnt check out the rest. I was wondering when work will be done to the course. Anyone on this board have any info on that? I was introduced to disc golf this spring and would love to see this couse playable since it is about 5 min from my house.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:07:58 AM

Pride park has dropped from the club's radar screen. Dave Marlow was spearheading the redesign and course work but nothing has been done as far as I know. If you want to help or get involved pm me and I will give you the park supervisor's number.
While more and more courses are going in the old courses are being neglected so we(the club) have to figure out what or how we need to be involved in saving them.
Touringam2
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:37:22 PM

Anything ever happen to get this course up and running again?

Was thinking about stopping there on one of my trips to the Nati this year.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:07:35 PM

What I remember is that while Craig was living close to Pride and McGue as well they had trouble with the park people getting things done and returning phone calls and such towards the end of 07 I think. Felt like they were avoiding us. but that was maybe 2 years from now, so who knows. All we need is one person to step up and spear head any kind of course work, organization and such. Craig moved and haven't seen or heard from Mike in awhile. Don't blame them, they were doing everything they could. Would help if there was someone that lives somewhat close for obvious reasons.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:04:04 AM

We are corresponding with the mayor of Taylor Mill, Jill Bailey. We offered to redesign the course and try to make improvements only if they can maintain the course and put in tee pads. We think rubber mats would be easier to install since it's so difficult to get to the course. We will post more info as soon as it becomes available.

We are also corresponding with Highland Hills Park.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:39:01 AM

Cool, and yes the fly18 teepads would be the most suitable for pride. Keep it up Fred and whoever else is involved, I really liked playing there.
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:20:08 PM

I am currently only working one job and am getting off tommorow at noon, if there is anything i could handle tomomorow i will take it on. If not i will just play and carry out some trash. I am not sure what my schedule will look like when i get employed again.(once you have two jobs it feels like your umemployed only working one)
frisbeephantom
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:24:13 PM

Is this course worth playing when we are in town next weekend.
just thought i would get the in put of some of the locals
grant
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 12:01:53 AM

if u feel like hiking..i was there today..there is no bridge anymore on the back 9.but all in all its a good course
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:50:46 PM

Was out there today and the course looks better than it has in a long time, it is still very rough. Hole five got a very nice trimming, hole six seems as one of the trees laying across the fairway was removed,the big tree is still down on seven, and seventeen looks to have been bushhogged.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:51:47 PM

Jeff, now would be a good time to introduce yourself to Mark and let him/them know you are interested in helping. They need some guidance. Have you given any thought to redesigning of the course?
ahlavac
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 9:12:54 AM

I played Pride on Tuesday and it looked decent. There were some new trees down, but at least it's not as overgrown as it gets during the summer. I would welcome a re-design to add some length/challenge to the course, and would be willing to help.
Meow_Mix
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 5:15:28 AM

agentdozzer wrote:
Was out there today and the course looks better than it has in a long time, it is still very rough. Hole five got a very nice trimming, hole six seems as one of the trees laying across the fairway was removed,the big tree is still down on seven, and seventeen looks to have been bushhogged.

Thanks for the compliment!    A friend of mine and I have been going out there and trimming the course up some so you could at least play it. 5, 6, and 17 got a face lift.

FRED....there are several baskets that can come out of the ground now with no effort. One was laying on the ground (15) and we had toput it back in the hole (haha...in the hole) 
Meow_Mix
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 5:17:15 AM

...and now it is time to get rollin to Indy for some DG baby
agentdozzer
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 10:16:24 AM

Mix thank you for your hard work out there let me know when you plan on going out again, My real name is Jeff. Fred,i went to the park yesterday to talk to Mark and he wasnt there anyone have his number?
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 1:10:48 PM

Jeff and everyone reading this thread. We need to band together if we want pride park to remain open and playable. Please call or email and let them know how bad a shape their disc golf course is in. I have called, emailed so much that they have started to ignore me(hmm, come to think of it that happens a lot to me). Anyway take 2 minutes and let them know their course basically is unplayable.
Mark - Park supervisor - 859-760-3692
Jill Bailey - Mayor(I think) Taylor Mill - 859-581-3234, jcbailey@taylormillky.gov
They will only get the message if lots of disc golfers call or email. My efforts are not working and we shouldn't set a foot on their course to work unless they help us out. Period....
flipisatrip
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 3:29:59 PM

I have played this course 3 times now this year. I love it. The only bad thing is all the down limbs from the winds/ice. I think some of the fallen trees are a nice touch and makes the course more difficult. It would be a shame for them to let this course fall apart.