Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Revolution Dual Pack Options
BIGBOY
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 8:43:21 AM

I have ordered a Revolution Dual Pack this weekend and it should be in sometime this week. I will write up the positives and negatives for all to see once I get some play with it. If anyone else has the Revolution Dual Pack and would like to shed some light on subject, please post.
andersab
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 5:19:20 PM

I have asked for one for my Oct 30th b-day....
BIGBOY
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 6:21:40 PM

What color are you going to get? I ordered the Universal Camo. It is not listed as a color until you go to the buy now screen and they have a picture of it and you can select it in pull down menu before adding to cart.
BIGBOY
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:49:04 PM

Got the dual pack today! Ordered Sunday morning and got on Wednesday afternoon, not to bad. However, I was not sent a shipping confirmation once bag shipped. The only thing I see wrong right now is that the waist strap is missing the female end of the buckle. I will email Dave tonight and have him ship it to me. The camo color is way cool. It looks much better in person than on the website. Loaded down with my normal disc load the bag feels pretty heavy but is very comfortable on my back. The new frame was easy to put together but took a few minutes due to the fact that you have to build the frame in the bag. The frame is a very tight fit but simple to snap together.

My first impression is that this will be a good disc golf bag. However, I kinda wonder why there is no outside putter pocket on the outside of the bag above where the disc are. Maybe it wouldn't work there but it would be nice to have a easier place to store putters without putting them in the top section. After I use the bag for awhile I will post my likes and dislikes.
Craig
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 6:57:40 PM

I've seen schick put some putters in the netting pockets on the side of the bag. I put them up top with my towels. John I'm not sure I've seen anybody use their waist straps. I got mine tied back and out of the way. I've heard others say they are going to cut them off. I personally like all the room for my snacks and XXX material.
andersab
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:05:56 AM

Quote:
Craig - 10/17/2007 8:57 PM

I personally like all the room for my snacks and XXX material.

na-na-nah-nah blush
BIGBOY
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 7:25:54 AM

This last weekend at the day/glow was the first tournament using the dual pack and I loved it. It feels light on the back and the straps are very comfortable. I used the top compartment for my putters, towels, and misc. stuff. Great disc bag. I will give more details later....... Brad let me know how you like yours when you get it.
andersab
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:49:39 AM

Still haven't gotten mine... ordered last Sunday.

They don't email you any information or anything... its frustrating, especially because their site is down. A company's site being down is much worse than our club site :-(

I am pretty upset with their business operations around communication but oh well, I guess now I have a reason to signup for the PDGA board and write something...

-ba
andersab
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 7:21:11 AM

Well it finally came in on Saturday...

I played in Louisville on Sunday at Iriquois. It is a very comfortable bag and you even have room with all the discs in there for the "big boy" clothes required for colder temperatures in the fall/winter.

So far, happy with the product, not with the experience...

-ba
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:37:57 PM

Let us know how long the internal plastic cage lasts
I bought the Carolina bag at the begining of this year and probably
about 2-3 months ago I noticed something was wrong and found out that the
one side plate was destroyed and in pieces and the one rail had broken in twain.
I know of a few others with same durability problem.
Hence I have called their office to order replacement one and have yet to get someone on the
phone and have left 5 messages so far. This maybe the last Revolution bag I buy.
my 2 cents worth.
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:58:44 PM

Adam -

I got a Revo Carolina bag a while back, and it had the first run on the plastic cage inside. I don't know what has happened to your bag, but mine is still going strong, despite sometimes being used as a stool for my big ass.

Craig
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:17:15 PM

Hey Adam my first cage had broke as well. I ordered two of them off the net. I got a brand new I'll sell ya I think it cost me 15.99 then shipping. I can look I still got the box, just got them a week or so ago. But I also have my old one. The two legs and one side plate are still whole if you can piece it together with what you already got.
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 7:14:46 PM

I like the bag now that I have it. The cage that I have is pretty nice and seems to be durable (thus far).
BIGBOY
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:16:12 AM

Did you have fun building the frame in the bag. Mine was a bear to get together but only took about 10 minutes. So far I like the dual pack but wish there where a few more small pockets for my keys, phone, wallet and the like. It could be tweaked to make a little better but overall not a bad pack. Very comfortable to wear around the course. I hope I get at least 5 years out of the bag. That is what I got out of the last Gateway bag I bought.
2Timer
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:55:45 AM

They must not make them like they used to. I have had my flight bag for 10 years with no tears, rips, bad zippers, etc. I just added dual straps and I am ready to go.
andersab
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:54:13 AM

I guess they don't make them like they used to... "old"Timer :-)

:shades
2Timer
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:29:55 PM

That was funny!!!
BIGBOY
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2007 9:20:01 AM

Brad, After a few weeks what do you think of your new disc golf bag?
andersab
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2007 8:10:51 PM

I love it. The backpack straps are much better than the ones for the regular bag.

I also like it for this cold weather, I can carry a lot of my "fat man" winter clothes, not too mention a drink or 6-er.

How about you?