Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 Course Challenge Series Options
DanH
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2008 1:39:26 AM

Scores are up. Was I right that Paul Dumont hit an ace on #12? All I heard was a rumor really. Any other aces?
FattyJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:49:54 PM

Thanks everybody for coming out to Gulley! Also thanks to everyone who helped Ben and I out(Liz, Dan Hollingshead, Jeff Eades, Blakely, Dave Marlow, Brad Anderson, Adam Jones and everyone else I am forgetting).
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 3:52:27 PM

On the note of the williamsburg cc is there a reason its on a sunday? I have played in the last two cc and would like to play as many more as i can. I have plans for a weekend at the gorge for the turtle creek one coming up and cannot miss a home game for the williamsburg, just wondering i know plans cant be change for one novice player. Just wondering why sunday not saturday, or do i already know to many second place state fans want to watch the game on saturday.
andersab
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 4:07:47 PM

agentdozzer wrote:
On the note of the williamsburg cc is there a reason its on a sunday? I have played in the last two cc and would like to play as many more as i can. I have plans for a weekend at the gorge for the turtle creek one coming up and cannot miss a home game for the williamsburg, just wondering i know plans cant be change for one novice player. Just wondering why sunday not saturday, or do i already know to many second place state fans want to watch the game on saturday.

This year CCS's were scheduled on both Saturdays and Sundays.  This helps to give those that work on Saturdays a chance to play on Sunday and to schedule around other events and tournies.  Its hard to get those types of things scheduled when we have a PDGA within 150 miles every weekend thumbsup
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 6:49:00 PM

I might just have to start playing pdga events just dont think im ready and the cost is so much more. frown
Liz
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 12:10:51 PM

Would anyone be interested in switching the Boone CC to AJ Jolly?  The Ace Race/Day-Glo is always in October and that would probably mean playing back-to-back weekends at Boone.  According to Kevin B, the expansion of Boone most likely will not be done by October, if anyone has been out there, they've planted a TON of trees along the first 2 temp holes we use for Big Boone, so I'm just wondering if we should change it to AJ Jolly and enjoy the beautiful scenery out there.   What does everyone else think? 
BrandonBradshaw
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 12:33:53 PM

I think the idea is absolutely genius!
2Timer
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 1:26:15 PM

Sounds great to me. I love A.J.
Firebird
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2008 4:36:16 PM

I'm anti on this change in the middle of the series. Besides, I like the BIG Boone set-up and I'm betting there are more disc golfers who prefer Big Boone. I think AJ is more friendly to big arms than Big Boone.
Z0ZZ
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 3:48:50 PM

I love the idea except where would we all park?
Dave Lutz
Z0ZZ
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 3:50:41 PM

Luv AJ  the idea is a keeper!
Dave Lutz
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:31:28 PM

AJ=yuck!
rangel
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 8:57:43 AM

I drove by there a few days ago.
First. Are those trees? You can't tell from the road. Looks like the trees ate both (temp) fairways on the far side of the road.
Second. What happened to the creek restoration project. There isn't anything back there that looks like the Walton project. Matter of fact. There isn't anything back there at all. It's the cleanest I've seen Boone Woods in quite some time.
Third. I like AJ. The lake is full (it was earlier this year). I think (to be safe) you should make the decision before the W'burg event.
T_Vincent
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 12:30:49 PM

In reguard to the CC this weekend at Oxford, where do we meet in the morning?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:14:23 PM

I like the Big Boone layout myself and if it would be the last one it would be nice to have it. I understand playing Boone 2 weeks in a row with the Ace Run/Day-Glow/Mini Golf Day tentatively scheduled for the 18th might not be the best. Although the AR/DG/MG is not on Big Boone. But I am ok with whatever is decided. I would just like to play Big Boone one more time. Do the added trees take the two holes on that side out of the mix?
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:24:52 PM

I don't know if the new trees would affect the Big Boone layout, but I do know that they would be in the path of our walking to/from each hole, which may not be in the park's best interest, maybe we can hear from Kevin B about it?
agentdozzer
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:07:54 PM

I think AJ is the way to go, There is more parking by the dock and twos tee off.
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:01:06 PM

I was trying to compare my recent scores at banklick to the course challenge there last year to see where i coulda placed (in a what if world) It looks as though the first round was 24 and the second was 18 is this a correct assumption.
Liz
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 9:42:16 AM

Just a couple quick questions - who is going to run the Williamsburg CC? First Bengals home game, so I'm out, sorry.

And back to the AJ Jolly/Boone debate, I think we should change it to AJ Jolly, I can send out an email/postcards to all the members notifying them of the change. I can run AJ Jolly.
Blakely - is that cool?
mikekem
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 1:51:13 PM

It turns out I'm running this CC. I've never actually played this course. I'll try to swing by there sometime before the CC. Brad gave me some gcfda score cards but I'll need the score boards and the TD box-o-goods.

I vote for whatever is easiest for you, which sounds like A.J.Jolly.
alexh
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 5:20:22 PM

Looks like I am helping Mike.  shout
T_Vincent
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 2:16:52 PM

Just some info for those going to the CC this coming Sun. In town there are a few locations to get food. None look overly fast. If you go back to 32, there are a large number places to eat. You will pass them on the way to the course. Bringing your lunch may be the best option. See you at Williamsburg.
DanH
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 7:25:56 PM

Played Williamsburg for the first time this morning. I liked it except for holes 9 & 10 which make no sense to me at all. Anyone have the answer for those holes? Tony is right about the food situation.
STEVO
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 8:49:58 PM

Last time I was there, it seemed like they were in the process of adding another hole (19 holes?).  If it's the ones you're talking about, Dan, one is a short hole across an extreme ravine, then the next one doesn't even look like a hole, back across the same ravine.  I think the original setup is from "9's" tee to the next hole's basket, along the side of the hill.  I've only played the course two or three times, maybe one of the homies can get on here and post an explanation.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                help

T_Vincent
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:06:04 PM

Dan, After hole 8, did you go up a small trail or the one that you could take a vehicle? Go up the small trail which has paint lines that look like steps could be going in. At the top of the hill is nine's tee. It goes straight for the most part. Ten is a major hyzer shot. Eleven follows a small trail after ten.