Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Icebowl Krazy Series 2008 Options
discndat
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 2:41:07 PM

I've had the schedule up on Icebowl http://www.icebowlhq.com/ for 3-4 weeks now - just never got it posted on here. Briefly, Mt Airy 1/19/08, Banklick 2/2/08 and Idlewild/Boone 2/23/08. The schedule on http://www.icebowlhq.com/ might still say 2/9/08 but I re-scheduled that one - Dayton is having one on 2/9/08. Pretty much like previous years - flyer attached. We will do the Mulligans again this year. Wanted to see what people thought about getting people to sponsor them for $ per hole or event or something like that to raise more money. Any thoughts on that? Let me know. Thanks - Dan

File Attachment(s):
2008 Icebowl Krazy Series flyer.doc (68kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

soundmind
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 8:53:02 AM

California Dreaming Hudson Mills Metropark Dexter, Michigan jan 12th and Tilley's Frozen Finger Frenzy Myles Kimmerly County Park Traverse City, Michigan on the 13th........whoz going 2 treetown? come on nick i know u luv A2!
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:39:44 PM

Ok, looks like the weather is just in time for our first Icebowl Krazy Series event this Saturday at Mt. Airy. I'm attaching the flyer again so people don't have to go looking and I'm also attaching a Pledge Sheet made up by Brad Anderson - he's got a good head start on you - he's got around $160 pledged I believe. I will come up with a prize for the most money pledged/received ( I will need to receive it to make sure you got the most). Any questions, let me know.

File Attachment(s):
2008_Icebowl_Krazy_Series_flyer.doc (68kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
Copy_of_Ice_Bowl_Krazie_Series.xls (88kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

discndat
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:42:55 PM

Thanks Brad for making this pledge sheet up. And for getting pledges - this will be our best money-raising Icebowls ever, I'm predicting. We raised $1400 for Fairhaven Rescue Mission last year for the 3 events. In Keith's words (hope it's ok to use this Keith): Let's

Do Better

bobherb
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:21:45 AM

The ground will definitely be frozen...
And take note of the predicted wind speed.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxdetail/45237?dayNum=3

Bundle up and I will see you A.H. (after hibernation)!!!
bobherb
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:58:34 AM

I wanted to keep Dan-O's note up front...
Quote:
discndat - 1/14/2008 4:42 PM

Thanks Brad for making this pledge sheet up. And for getting pledges - this will be our best money-raising Icebowls ever, I'm predicting. We raised $1400 for Fairhaven Rescue Mission last year for the 3 events. In Keith's words (hope it's ok to use this Keith): Let's

Do Better

discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:23:38 PM

Thanks Bob. I have had a few people ask if they can bring canned goods, etc. and I've worked it out that we will be able to handle those if people want to. Any coats or non-perishable food will be fine. Bring it on - the more the better for Fairhaven Rescue Mission. So we have $5 of every entry, the $1 per Mulligan, any pledges people get and any food/coat donations. That should give us a pretty good contribution to Fairhaven. You are all doing a great job and I thank you for it.
bobherb
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:09:13 PM

Dan-O,

Be careful-O with the canned goods.
See the tenth bullet down in the following link...

http://www.wcins.com/Articles/Prepare_For_Winter.htm

I also saw something in another link where the cans could actually split open and cause a considerable mess.

More details:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=can+canned+goods+be+damaged+by+freezing
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:33:55 PM

That looked like that was for a Summer Home Bob - I'm trying to think like it is Summer, :palm
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:36:44 PM

Lots of people in-store telling me they're going to come out Saturday. How's about on here - who's going to be a NO WHIMP, NO WHINER kind of player on Saturday? Going to see you out there? We want to raise as much as we can for Fairhaven. If you are a whimp or a whiner and not showing up, you can still donate some $. Just let me know.
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:28:29 PM

Helter Swelter, the heat from shots will keep you warm. I plan on attending - I'll talk to Joe Morris about playing as well.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:12:04 PM

Unfortunately we in Columbus have an icebowl up here at the same time so the Columbus travelers won't be attending.

Rumor has it that Geoff Bennett and Val Jenkins will be playing in ours bow

I hope you guys get tons of players though... ice bowls are always a good time!
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:53:17 PM

That's right, get Joe out here.

Not sure how the two Icebowls got scheduled on the same day - usually doesn't happen. We'll work on it for next year.
KevinB
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 9:26:48 AM

I told Dan back at the December meeting I would gladly collect any non-perishable foods and clothing for Fairhaven at the Ice Bowls. I haven't been on the boards that much lately, so I'm sorry this kind of snuck up on me. I apologize for the late word on this.
I'll be there tomorrow to collect any non-perishable foods and clothing that people might want to bring. Take a few moments to go through your closets and drawers to see if you have any clothing that might not fit or you might not wear anymore and bring it along. This time of year shelters and such are usually depleted after the holidays and this type of stuff can help.
I'm sure Fairhaven will appreciate all your help.
See you tomorrow.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 9:49:24 AM

That's great Kevin. Thanks so much. So bring it on everybody. Kevin is right - many people give to the shelters around the holidays because it's a giving season, but then in the really cold months of January and February the shelves are often close to empty. This will help so much.
rufo0420
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 12:14:21 PM

hey Dan; just out of curiousity; what is the buy in for adv. division?
definately coming (will bring at least 1 other person , and bag of clothes), just needed to know entry.

sounds like it's gonna be a blast, can't wait!!!!!

peace out
Russ
bobherb
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 12:48:08 PM

Click on the last link/attachment at the bottom of the first post in this thread for all info.

2008 Icebowl Krazy Series flyer.doc
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 5:09:56 PM

Here's the flyer again Russ

File Attachment(s):
2008_Icebowl_Krazy_Series_flyer.doc (68kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

discndat
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 5:21:46 PM

Oh, to answer your question it's $20 for Advanced, $5 of that going to Fairhaven Rescue Mission. You can buy up to 6 Mulligans for $1 each. You can use 3 mulligans max per round - all this money goes to Fairhaven. $1 ace fund - if no aces, that money goes to Fairhaven - there won't be a throw-off. We may have a CTP/Split-the-Pot if enough people want to do it. Bring your money, bring your coats and clothing, bring your canned goods, bring your game! We'll have handwarmers for sale if you need them. Ok, so Hans won't need any kind of warmer, but...
rufo0420
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 6:06:57 PM

lol....hopefully shirts are mandatory.......
thanks guys, see ya in the morning.

peace out
finnhawc
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 10:01:48 PM

Great turnout-the most fun I've had with mulligans, though I completely wasted them all. Sure hope to make it to Banklick, and hey my marriage is still intact...barely. I owe Gerry $2.
Kool Keith
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 3:20:52 PM

Results?
Sweetriver
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 4:02:30 PM

where were you, busta?
Kool Keith
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 4:38:40 PM

At home laboring over the decision to play REC or INT in 2008.

discndat
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 5:48:35 PM

Just want to give out a big Thank You to everyone who came out and helped make this a great beginning to our Icebowl Krazy Series. 53 participants raised $735.50 plus several baskets of clothing. Thanks to Kevin Brashear for coming out just to collect the food and clothing donations that people can bring. He has offered to do this for each Icebowl in the series. That's just awesome Kevin. Thanks to Liz for making the Mulligans and freezing her tushy (sp?) off among other things while helping me take signups. Also thanks to Alan Clore, Dave Marlow, Steve Boylan and Jeff Eades  and anyone else that I'm forgetting, for their help in doing stuff to help out. Special thanks to an anonymous donor for a very nice donation of $100. I have to say that all this makes it easy for me to know why I continue running these tournaments in the cold weather every year - when we have so many people show up for a good cause and do all this work and donate money, etc. it really does make the cold go away and puts a little warmth in my heart. Way to go disc golfers.  I am attaching a results page. As you will see on the payout, I made a little mistake in favor of the Advanced Men payout, in their favor. So just an FYI, don't expect the same kind of payout for the other Icebowls - I usually learn from my mistakes. Remember, we're all winners here.

File Attachment(s):
_1_Icebowl_Krazy_Series_Mt._Airy_Results.xls (29kb) downloaded 21 time(s).