Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Icebowl Krazy Series 2008 Options
STEVO
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:16:04 PM

Can't seem to open the link for some reason....
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:09:00 AM

Hmmm...I was able to open it up from here and it looks like there has been 47 downloads. Has anyone else had a problem. When I opened it, I had to click "read only", but that was all. Let me know Steve if you still have problems and anyone else also. You going to make it to Banklick Steve?
NEngle
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:15:37 AM

Worked for me.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:41:19 PM

Thanks Nick. Here's a link to some pics from the Icebowl at Mt. Airy. Hope it works. See if you can find Hans. http://discgolfer.ning.com/photo/photo/slideshow?feed_url=http%3A%2F%2Fdiscgolfer.ning.com%2Fphoto%2Fphoto%2FslideshowFeedForContributor%3FscreenName%3D1e875bpzna1d4
There are some other pics so you can view them or ignore them.
rufo0420
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:06:19 PM

nice pics Dan!!!

funny thing though......I couldn't spot Hans anywhere........rofl

for Pete's sake........next 1 at Banklick..........SHIRTS ARE MANDATORY!!!!!!!!

see you all next weekend!!!!!!!!!!......................WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO...............snow discing (no whimps no whiners)
DanH
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:22:05 PM

Those using Firefox, and possibly other browsers besides Internet Explorer may be having problems opening the link. The filename is cut off, and doesn't have the .xls extension, so your computer does not know how to open it. Save it to your hard drive, add a .xls, then open it. Or use Internet Explorer.
STEVO
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 7:30:08 PM

Dan H, it worked (I have Firefox). Thanks!....I.T. Guru!!

Dan B, I'll be hit or miss for Banklick, pretty rough work schedule right now.

I think I will make it for the temporary opening of Idlewild, but I might have to move down to Advanced for the heavy payout of swag....laugh laugh

rangel
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2008 9:04:56 AM

This has nothing to do with Icebowl.

There was some chat here about Firefox. If you are a Firefox user, but miss your all-in-one Netscape Communicator, Mozilla released an all-in-one product name SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey (almost a year old now) would be a combination of Firefox, Thuderbird (email client), Chatzilla (instant messaging) along with an HTML editing tool.

You may now continue with your Icebowl......
Seanboy
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2008 8:47:40 PM

I have firefox as well. No issues opening it up. Nice Pics
13ruce-137
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 2:17:15 PM

<p>The problem with fliers and results is the fact that there is no extension on the files that would able most windows users to open them. Dan in the future try saving the files with .xls for excell and .doc for word. For instance #1 is the file name for results for airy .. if it was #1.xls windows would automatically associate the file with excel. For those of you having problems opening .. either rename the files with the corresponding program extension or instead of clicking save as .. try the open with bullet. You will have to browse your program files for the correct .exe .. for msoffice its in Program Files / Microsoft Office / Office12 &quot;program.exe&quot; any questions leave me a msg ill give you a hand.&nbsp; </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>HRMMM didnt see dans post .. well there is another fix for you guys in this one soo i guess it wasnt a complete waste of time&nbsp;</p>
KevinB
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 3:46:15 PM

A reminder of the Ice Bowl at Banklick this weekend. If you are coming out, please take the time to look through your wardrobe and see if there are any clothes you might not wear anymore. Jeans, shirts, church shoes, and so on. If so, bring them out to the course I will be collecting them to bring down to the Fairhaven Rescue Mission. I will also be collecting non-perishable food items for their food bank.
Thanks to you folks that brought stuff to Mt. Airy on that cold morning. I dropped it off this morning at Fairhaven, along with stuff from our house and a couple of neighbors. The folks there at Fairhaven said they feed anywhere from 60-90 people a night in the winter and the clothing that they receive is a blessing for those that come into the facility in need.
So if you've got some time this week, go through your stuff and ask your neighbor if they have some used clothes they might not wear, from kids sizes to adult, and bring it with you. I'll pack it up and bring it down.
A few simple minutes of your time, might mean the world to another person.
Thanks.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:18:06 AM

It looks like that's what they are saved as - the flyer has .doc extension and the results have the .xls extension. Unless someone else saved them on here with those extensions. But do let me know if I can do anything to help people view it. Thanks
DanH
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:11:18 PM

Dan, here is something to try:

With people using the Firefox browser, it seems to cut off the filename to the first word in the filename and drops the extension on all the attachments that you have posted. So to workaround it, try not putting any spaces in your filenames. Just use underscores instead. Hopefully, firefox will grab the entire filename and extension that way.
Touringam2
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:53:08 PM

Will the Banklick tournie on Sat. be using the same course format as this years Bluegrass Open?
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:24:18 PM

We will probably play 18-20 holes per round; don't think we have time to play 24; we usually play the "old 18" and two of the new holes the first round (usually current 5 & 6) and see how time is doing for the second round and either do "old 18" or 20 holes with "old 18" and current 22 & 23. And just to throw another wrinkle into it - if it's really wet on the course, we don't play "old 12 &13" and we use 2 of the newer holes. Probably doesn't help you out much does it? Sorry. We'll have fun no matter what.
TyFarina
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 10:24:27 AM

Dan------
The chili is made.....and it's hot and spicy.....I'll be working on the sweet cornbread tonight and tomorrow morning for this event. Thinking of charging a dollar for it and giving half to the mission. Let me know if this sounds feasible to you. I'll be running by the shop today to give you second taste of my wares. According to my wonderful girlfriend who probably lies too much.........perfect hot and spicy chili! i'll let you judge it. Let me know...
And a quick FYI.....only made about 4.5 gallons of it.......it'll have to be on a first come first served basis!!!
rufo0420
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 10:33:55 AM

you the man Ty..........can't wait to taste it!

guess I'll have to be there early...lol

and I think charging a buck is cool..........especially if you throw half to charity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very thoughtful of you.....keep up the good work bro

INCREASE THE PEACE
KevinB
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 10:35:07 AM

Just a reminder that if you are going through the closet and pantry tonight, I will be at Banklick tomorrow collecting stuff for Fairhaven Rescue Mission.
I met the executive director of Fairhaven this week and he was overwhelmed that people are getting out in the cold not only to play, but to help support their cause. It seems like they are doing really great work over there for those in need.
Thanks.
TyFarina
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 11:13:25 AM

Russ--- Ya know we had talked about it!!!!
Was wondering how long it would take ya to fire off a reply...... Guess I should think about making more......who knows maybe for idlewild. Anyone heading out to practice today? I'm thinking of working on my putting sometime this afternoon.....hint hint
discndat
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 11:42:02 AM

Just tasted the chili - it is awesome! Little bit of heat with great taste. I devoured it in a few minutes. Thanks Ty. You'll like this everybody. Come on out and have some fun, throw a little disc, eat up a bowl of chili or two, try on some mulligans and then donate your $, clothing, food to Fairhaven! See ya tomorrow everybody.
rufo0420
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 2:17:09 PM

what time is sign up?

discndat
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 2:29:18 PM

Usual time of signup by 9:30 - tee at 10:00. See ya there.
Rob J
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 2:58:29 PM

anyone remember what time the last round got done at Mt. Airy?
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 4:16:56 PM

At 5 or 5:15 Rob.
rufo0420
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2008 10:30:09 PM

another great tourney Dan!

had a blast!
when will point totals be added (for Icebowl Krazy series)