Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Icebowl Krazy Series 2008 Options
soundmind
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:50:34 AM

I had a great tyme @ game yesterday,chili waz good ,thanks 2 everyone who made it happen.
and thanks to the thieving piece o chit who took my( blue champion destroyer)
rufo0420
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 10:34:13 AM

do we have total points for the series available yet?

just wondering how I stood, and what prizes etc. will be awarded?
and is there a final determination on layout for the last event?

keep up the good work all, and increase the peace!!
KevinB
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 3:45:28 PM

Thank you to all that brought clothing out to Banklick to go to the Fairhaven Rescue Mission.
The collection of goods was at least double of what I gathered at Mt. Airy, which is awesome. I'll be dropping the stuff there at Fairhaven this week and I'm sure the people that receive it will greatly appreciate it.
I'll be at the final Ice Bowl at Idlewild to collect stuff again, so take the time to go through your wardrobe, see if there is anything you can part with to go to a person that could use it and bring it on out. I'll collect it at sign-ups and take it to Fairhaven.
Thanks to all that are contributing to this collection, as well as participating in the Ice Bowls.
You are making a difference in others lives.
discndat
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 3:29:10 PM

Russ, I'll try to get the current standings up by tomorrow. Thanks to everybody who came out on Saturday - great weather and great turnout. Looks like we raised another $884.50 for Fairhaven plus all the clothes. So go thru those closets like Kevin said and bring out all that stuff you say you're gonna wear and never do. Somebody will be glad to wear it. Thanks to Ty for the Chili - it was great and it raised $9. Thanks to Jeff for running the CTP - that raised $59. Thanks to Steve, Liz and Dave for helping me with scores, signups, payouts, etc. Beautiful day - can't say that enough. I'll get the results and standings up as soon as I can.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:15:39 PM

Ok, sorry I'm late on this. Just seems there's never enough time to do what you need to do. Anyway, here are the results from Banklick and it has the series results in the last column. If you played in the first two in the same division you are eligible for the series championship. If not you won't see a series total. I think I got it all right. But, if you see any mistakes or think something may be out of whack, let me know - or just whack me so I can be in whack.

You are doing an excellent job in raising money, food, clothing, etc. for Fairhaven Rescue Mission. Thusfar you have raised $1625 (that's just $125 off our goal for all three) and a bunch of clothes. I know there are some out there who have been getting pledges for the Series, so just bring those to the Icebowl Krazy Series Finale at Idlewild/Boone. I just want to say Thanks to everybody who has contributed to this in any way. If there is someone out there who would like to pursue getting some event coverage for our final event via TV, newspaper, radio, whatever, just let me know you are doing it and I'd be glad to have you do it. I just don't have the time to do that right now.

Again, if you have any questions, let me know.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:16:51 PM

I shortened the name of the file so I hope that helps for those people to be able to get it.
cubbies
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:55:41 PM

Looks like the MT airy one is posted.
rufo0420
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 3:22:55 PM

I had a problem pulling the file?
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 3:33:19 PM

Ask and ye shall receive - I asked you to let me know and you did. I changed the file to the right one - is that the problem you were having Russ or were you just having problems getting it?
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 3:54:32 PM

I just tried using Mozilla Firefox browser and was able to open up the file with no problem. I already did it with Internet Explorer so I think it should be fine now. So the new one with Banklick results and the Series totals are up there now. Again, if there are any issues with it let me know. Thanks everybody.
rufo0420
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:56:49 PM

still having problems, but I should be able to figure it out.
discndat
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 9:48:06 AM

Anyone else having problems? It looks like about 22 people have tried to download it. Let me know.
LStephens
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 10:02:26 AM

Works great for me... FireFox 2.0.0.11 and OpenOffice with a custom GUI...NO explorer.exe and a base core of a modified WinXp.
mike_kemner
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:29:49 PM

How is the next Ice bowl going to work? Is it Idlewild then Boone, or is it Boone then Idlewild? What time does it start?
bobherb
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:35:42 PM

I will quote you Mike... "See the first post on this thread"   :smile

Looks like Idlewild first: 2008 Icebowl Krazy Series flyer.doc
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:51:26 PM

Idlewild first round - signup by 9:30, tee at 10:00. Lunch, then 2nd round at Boone. Awards at Gold Star after 2nd round. The Director of Fairhaven will be at the Players' Meeting in the morning at Idlewild to say a few things about Fairhaven and our efforts. We are going to try and present a "big check" at that time for our fundraising efforts. So, anybody who wants to send in some money to be included just contact me or see me at the store or at the Icebowl Krazy Series Finale at Idlewild. Also, remember Kevin is collecting clothes and non-perishable food. We are really making this a big fund-raising event sponsored by the club.
Jeff_V
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:28:59 AM

Good luck everyone ill be in cape coral playing for pre spring training. Then on the way back me and nick are going to hit up the clearwater courses and then the Plantation in crystal river!!! PS someone beat that Dave character. He is no good at ildlewild
Craig
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:28:07 PM

Hey Jeff, you might wanna get on the player cup website and see if you can print a course map out for the plantation. It's not the easiest course to follow along blind. But with golf carts you won't have to walk aimlessly too much.
Jokerman
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:46:01 PM

Hey All,

Rookie here asking dumb questions like a good rookie will do. A friend of mine and I just started playing dg a month ago. Learning some fundamentals and having a blast.

We are looking to join the tournament on Feb. 23rd at Idlewild. Just wanted to know some of the ins & outs of tournament play and what to expect. I have been told that tounaments are easy as walking up, paying and playing but am sure its harder than that.

So fire away at any insight. But here are a few questions that might get you thinking...

I read that Idlewild is tough. What happens if I sink my few discs in the water? Do I go buy a new one or pray someone has mercy on me and loans me one?

If I play all day and my arm gives out will I be a laughing stock to bow out early? I hear they run all day. Would hate to blow my arm out when I am just starting to have fun.

Those are the ones I can think of. Probably overthinking it but am a very detailed person. Like to know what is going down.

13ruce-137
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:03:10 PM

Jokerman .. it really is as easy as walking up and playing .. let Dan (tourney director) know your new to the sport and he will make sure you get paired up with a veteran. As far as loosing discs are concerned .. there will be plenty of plastic for sale there and just about everyone will have extra discs on them .. if you loose anything .. im sure someone would loan ya something to throw. Good drives should only be about 75-85 percent of your full power so just take it easy play your game and see what happens. People bow out all the time for all kinds of different reasons .. nobody is gonna think anything less of you .. if your hurt your hurt. These type of informal events are a great way to learn the ropes of the sport and really are a lot of fun.. nobody takes them super serious. Hope you can make it out.. I speak from experience you WILL have a good time.
bobherb
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:52:28 PM

We did not design Idlewild to be a beginners course so be aware that you may not shoot under 100 for 18 holes.
Depending on what you are used to, it IS tough and you COULD loose some plastic, especially is you play long hole #2.
Do not be afraid, if you have played Mt. Airy - just know that Idlewild is about 10 - 15 throws tougher.
Have fun!!!
frizgolf
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:13:31 PM

C'mon, guys. If you're walking along a cliff's edge and a rock comes loose, you could lose a disc (and probably a lot more).
If you throw one, you let loose a disc.
/end rant
13ruce-137
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:51:12 PM

Bob your gonna scare the pants off the kid ...
2Timer
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:56:07 PM

Atleast you know the difference Fritz
2Timer
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 8:38:46 PM

Hey Russ are you going to Idlewild tomorrow? I wouldn't mind car pullng if so