Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Local C-Tiers Options
JEFFV
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 11:37:48 AM

I rather just throw over a pond then pretend to.I just said nice tournament to blakely and walked on I wasnt yelling across the whole course brad,and it's not about the OB really.  Why did we play the 2 new holes with single chains when not needed? I like just playing the actual course so we can see what people shoot on the actual course. Nice course record Andrew!!!

Anyways Sorrry for (Yelling) across the (whole) course Mat next time ill just keep my mouth shut.  There is a little more luck involed in this sport then you think and it got the best of me.  Nice tournament and great tournout with the best weather couldn't ask for more. 
DanH
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 11:40:01 AM

Matt, thanks for running a such a fun tourney (at my home course!). I thought everything went fairly smoothly, but you can't please everyone all the time I guess. It was great to see everyone out there. Drew Miller, congrats on your 1000+ rated round.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 11:43:10 AM

Agreed was great to see everyone near perfect day. Just realized the payouts were like 75 percent of the fields .. nice job everyone who helped and certainly a big round of thanks and praise to Matt.
mikekem
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 8:02:51 PM

I loved the tournament. It was a great time for me and everyone else on my cards. Personally I enjoyed the 2 temp holes. It is hard to make a shot in the open interesting and those two holes accomplished some shots that made you think.

Great tournament Matt. I'm looking forward to the next one coming up here soon.

finnhawc
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 8:03:41 PM

I had a great time and I hope the skydiver that plummeted to the earth was alright. BTW how did you arrange that sky high show Matt, the flag messed me up but my fault for being in the shule.
Eric Simpson
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 8:44:33 PM

Great tournament at a fun course, Matt. I had a good time with the people on both my cards. The course was in beautiful shape, thanks to everyone that put in the time.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 9:26:15 PM

First off thanks to everyone for coming.  I was exhausted Last Night, and still was when I got up this morning. 

Next Topic Temp holes, Have them or not?  Well I had them for a few reasons.  One I said I would take up to a hundread people.  Well I didn't think I would get that but I was prepared.  THe reason I kept them, to keep the flow going better.  I would rather add a couple of holes and have flow go better than keeping the Rec men or Int Men or other slower players in 5 somes.  I think the 20 holes is one of the reasons why the tournament flowed pretty good.

Now as to the specific temp holes:  What, I should have them like Hole #2 there?  I don't think so.  I put two temp holes where we had room, and where they would become a little more interesting and challenging.  Both holes where Fine.  I'm going to say this straight Jeff.  If you Screw up a shot take responsibility for it, don't blame others or the tournament.  When you yelled at me, "Nice Tournament" in a Hostile and Mocking voice that was plain ridicolous and childish.  Not only did you piss me off, You screwed Jack fouts up in the middle of his throw.  How would you appreciate somebody getting mad and yelling like that when you are throwing?  I Should have stroked you for it.  Remember the gift before you open your mouth like that again.  I have $8 for you to.  If you don't like my response, or my tournaments don't come.

Luck is a huge factor we can't control sometimes.  Sometimes it still the person throwing and how they are throwing.  You want luck on open holes, go Play the USDGC in Rock Hill South Carolina.  Is the wind going to be blowing when it's your turn?  Will it gust or die, or stay steady?  I can't tell you how many times I have been screwed by the wind there or other places.  Such is Life.  I have also learned throw a predator, or something like that in the wind in general and you are better off.  Slow and OVerstable.  Now Will I yell at the TD, Hell no!  Life goes on. 

matthew_blakely
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 9:36:43 PM

Entry Fees will be the same for Gulley.

Players pack Choices will include the following:
ESP Meteor
ESP Avenger SS
ESP AVenger
150 ESP Avenger
ESP SUrge
ESP Crush
ESP Force
FLX Buzz
D-Challenger
Crystal Challenger
Z-Tracker
Z-Flick

I will Probably limit the field to 90 again.
I will also have the Distance with accuracy contest again, this time there will be an amatuer division.
There will be some alternate tees for Advanced Men and Pro divisions.
Deep Payouts again. Funny Money is probable, not 100% sure though.

Online Registration will hopefully be available soon.

Also Ken, Mikey will have a 150 ESP AVenger coming at gulley for his participation at Turtlecreek.

Same Time Frame as before also.official flyer to also to be available soon.

Going to GUlley tommorow if the weather is nice after work to see how it has grown.
JEFFV
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 9:46:27 PM

You should of stroked me I would of. I was joking/Pissed when i said "nice tournament" i was being sarcastic but it should of not of been yelled out loud. Got to keep it in my head. Sorry to everyone who got messed up by me, sometimes i just cant keep my mouth shut, but it did have a good flow accept for hole 11.
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 10:03:37 PM

Way to man up, Jeff! We see each other at our best and worst out there on the course in tournament play and it can be easy to let our personal limitations become other people's hardships. Again, great event Matt and the temp holes did keep things moving for the most part. Imagine hole 11 without the extra holes added. Hope, to see you at Gulley. I'm starting the thread now.
schick
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:34:03 AM

Oh yeah, and for the record I shot +1 on hole B for the day! It obviously gave a lot of people some issues, not because it was unfair, but because it really was a risk reward hole.
alexh
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:07:03 AM

Thanks everyone who congratulated me! It was lots of fun to get an ace. Luck, I guess. I am honestly laughing reading your discussion. For me temp hole A was a huge problem, both rounds, but that just shows why I play Intermediate. Hole B had no bigger challenges:) But that is just my 2 cents.
DISCfunctional
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:23:17 AM

matthew_blakely wrote:
Also Ken, Mikey will have a 150 ESP AVenger coming at gulley for his participation at Turtlecreek. Same Time Frame as before also.official flyer to also to be available soon. Going to GUlley tommorow if the weather is nice after work to see how it has grown.

THANKS MATT. HE LOST HIS 150 AT BGO AND WAS VERY BUMMED ABOUT IT!!

AWESOME EVENT. I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER THOU BUT IT ALL GOOD!

NICE ACE ALEX!!!!!! AND WHO KNEW SHE HAD LUNGS LIKE THAT!!!
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:50:19 AM

Quote:
AND WHO KNEW SHE HAD LUNGS LIKE THAT!!!

Thank god she quit smoking, so she could let everyone know what was up shout
alexh
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 3:37:42 PM

andersab wrote:

Thank god she quit smoking, so she could let everyone know what was up shout

whatever... You were super excited yourself in Banklick as I recall. It is a fun moment and you want to share it with everyone 1stplace
finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 5:37:27 PM

I missed it Alex-what hole did you hit. And, I think you ladies scared some skydivers. Nice first ace-got paid!
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:59:38 PM

alexh wrote:

whatever... You were super excited yourself in Banklick as I recall. It is a fun moment and you want to share it with everyone 1stplace

I hear ya... tell the world or at least Poland clap rock
FattyJ
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:00:57 AM

I believe Alex aced hole 5.
bobherb
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2008 3:49:23 PM

The first ace "IS" exciting.
If you play long enough though the excitement diminishes.
Just the same, congrats!!!
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2008 5:20:44 PM

Every single time an ace cashes though(tournament style), it is sweet!