Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

interesting... Options
andersab
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:34:43 PM

didn't know that phenix was expanding....

http://www.phenixdiscsports.com/
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 11:13:50 PM

Yep, they are moving into the crappy, grossly overpriced disc golf bag market. Trying to take on Revo with a huge sticker price should do well for them :)
LStephens
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:10:03 AM

I know everyone has a different opinion..and beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but those bags are fugly.
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:36:23 AM

Beauty is in the mind of the beholder. It sure beats ten years ago when you couldn't buy any bag that would last much more than a year or two unless it was a Revolution bag. Revolution deserves to charge more because it makes a superior product that is in demand. I've had 7 bags over the last twelve years and regret not getting a quality bag sooner. I now have a solid Innova bag though they used to be the worst made bags out there. This sport is so expensive with all these greens fees and cart rental... oh wait no that's right it is cheap. A complete set of "clubs" with bag can be had for less than $150 with everything you'd ever need- the price of one crappy 7 wood.
LStephens
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:44:20 AM

I once spent $450 for a 7 wood for specialty shots. I probably shaved 1-2 strokes a round from my game. To be honest...if I found a disc that would guarantee to shave 1-2 strokes a round...I'd pay much more than $15 for it. However, watching people throw their pro rhinos farther than I can throw a Valk...I can't blame the disc.
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:03:15 PM

Could you imagine if your disc bag purchase shaved one or two strokes off your score...?
LStephens
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:36:53 PM

O..my Revo bag has shaved atleast 5 strokes off my game. I am no longer embarrassed by my bag and can sport with style and pride. It also affects my opponents. Try playing rec...well you can't..but think back to when you were 12...and some dude has a new Revo bag and says something like...'hmm...this is a annie forehand hole if I ever saw one...' and park it.. and see if that doesn't affect the guys that can't throw and chew bubblelicious at the same time.
13ruce-137
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:49:40 PM

Um .. the only reason i carry a revo bag is i happend to get one on the cheap via trade with BERTO after they sent him a bran new one. Honestly its a great bag .. but throw a couple of pro rinos and a buzz in a plastic shopping bag and ill still shoot the same.