Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 Bowling Green Amatuers Championship Options
alexh
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 4:10:56 PM

Looks like the courses have been posted:
"In deed there will be a shuffle on Saturday night, A and B, C and D, E and F, and G and H. The PDGA expects the players to be placed together based on their scores. Coordinating rides may be an issue we know, sorry.

Courses played by pools, as follows:

Round 1

A Franklin
B Kereiakes
C Phil Moore
D White
E Griffin
F Preston
G Hobson
H Lovers

Round 2

A Kereiakes
B Franklin
C White
D Phil Moore
E Preston
F Griffin
G Lovers
H Hobson

As has been mentioned before, if weather does not allow us to use Phil Moore, then Advanced will play Hobson and Intermediate/Rec/Juniors will move to Chalybeate

the TD"
DanH
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 4:38:28 PM

Anyone have any more info on Phil Moore?  I found this image: http://www.bgky.org/bgpr/athletics/images/phil_moore.gif

I hear it's really long.  So the image looks like a bunch of open bomb shots and wooded hyzer shots.  I hope it's more interesting than that.
bernie
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:50:38 PM

Hey down under! A group of us (ok 5) are driving down on Wednesday March 26th after work and are planning on crashing in the Cincinnati area on our way to Bowling Green on Thursday. We plan on shooting Idlewild Thursday morning. We are hoping that we can find a place to crash just for Wed. night. We will be in town around 11:00ish and plan to be up early so we can do our annual attempt at playing Idlewild decently-anyone up for some dubs? If you have some floor space or a couch or two that would be great. Otherwise it appears the Red Roof Inn is the least expensive we can find (trying to save $ for BG). We are stoked for BG as well as I can see all of you are. I guess Phil Moore is completed and the record currently stands at 55. Great because pool C (which is mine) starts there first thing Saturday morning! Thanks! Bernie, Detroit bernie19@wowway.com
idiscgolf4life
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:07:21 PM

This was posted on the front page of the BG web site.

Pool Listing by Course BG Ams 08

Round 1 – Saturday March 29 – 9:00am         

A Franklin
B Kereiakes
C Phil Moore
D White
E Griffin
F Preston
G Hobson
H Lovers

Round 2

A Kereiakes
B Franklin
C White
D Phil Moore
E Preston
F Griffin
G Lovers
H Hobson

Pools Will Shuffle Saturday night as follows:
a-b, c-d, e-f, g-h

Round 3 – Sunday March 30 – 8:00am

A Phil Moore
B White
C Franklin
D Kereiakes
E Hobson
F Lovers
G Griffin
H Preston

Round 4

A White
B Phil Moore
C Kereiakes
D Franklin
E Lovers
F Hobson
G Preston
H Griffin
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:49:39 PM

This was posted on the PDGA board by Larry...

Time is counting down. here is the info for the players package disc.

All Adv Divisions: Innova Pro Destroyer, Discraft FLX SS Surge,Gateway Supersoft Magic,DGA Shocwave

All Int/Rec Divisions: Innova Dx Destroyer, Discraft FLX SS Surge,Gateway Supersoft Magic

All Jr Divisions: Discraft FLX SS Surge,Gateway Supersoft Magic

As for Phil Moore that will be decided early next week, the only reason they wouldn't use it is if there were lots of rain that was to come in on Thur or thru the weekend as this coursre will be real swampy. Will let you know or others will once they hear anything but for now plan on playing the courses based on previous post of pool schedule.
J.P. Mayer
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:19:25 PM

Hey guys. I was out at Phil Moore today to try and play the whole course. I was not able to do so. About four of the holes are completely under water. You can barely see the tops of some of the baskets or the tee signs. The rest of the course is real swampy and wet. Even if the course does dry out, from what we played, it was nothing spectacular. There were a good amount of holes that were just out in the open and unless they add some kind of OB, it would be rather boring. One 800 foot hole and another 911 foot hole. There are some cool holes though and maybe the holes that were under water made up for the other rather boring field shots. I will be surprised if the course will be ready for next week's tournament. There is a lot of water there that is not supposed to be there. I just though some of you would want a little heads up about what to expect at this new course. I'll see you all when you come down.
NEngle
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:46:33 PM

Thanks for the scouting report JP!
J.P. Mayer
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 2:21:40 AM

No problem. From what i have heard, and i played with Will Enis today, if Phil Moore is not used then we will most likely play Hobson Grove instead of it. Right now Phil Moore would be a complete pain to play even if the river was down because the holes are not well groomed at all. I'll see you all down here.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 10:15:32 AM

I would really rather play Hobson. One of the best things about BG is the balance and variety of the courses. Hobson and White couldn't be more different and it really makes it fun. Hobson has plenty of holes that are both duece-able and five-able...and is why the tourney can be won or lost there.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 10:20:07 AM

Weather.com is calling for rain Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday next week so more than likely Phi Moore will be under water. I was hoping to play Hobson in AM2 but I am planning on playing Chalybeat instead. If there was water over top of some of the baskets, there is no way it will be dried out in time for next weekend.

soundmind
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 10:57:05 AM

it soundz great
andersab
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 11:50:35 AM

Great, another long drive to Chalybeate...
andersab
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 2:11:23 PM

Here are some pics from a course in Daviess County, which isn't very far from BG...

Looks like Cincy isn't the only city in need of an arc help

I guess we can be thankful, for not having to see one of our courses like this.
perica
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 4:58:49 PM

Otterbein_discgolf wrote:

Weather.com is calling for rain Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday next week so more than likely Phi Moore will be under water. I was hoping to play Hobson in AM2 but I am planning on playing Chalybeat instead. If there was water over top of some of the baskets, there is no way it will be dried out in time for next weekend.

i don't want to say you're wrong; as you never do know with the weather, but accuweather is calling for a couple showers on wednesday night and rain on saturday night in bowling green.  i hope it remains dry even though i really do like hobson grove.
ChrisWoj
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:21:39 PM

bernie wrote:
Hey down under! A group of us (ok 5) are driving down on Wednesday March 26th after work and are planning on crashing in the Cincinnati area on our way to Bowling Green on Thursday. We plan on shooting Idlewild Thursday morning. We are hoping that we can find a place to crash just for Wed. night. We will be in town around 11:00ish and plan to be up early so we can do our annual attempt at playing Idlewild decently-anyone up for some dubs? If you have some floor space or a couch or two that would be great. Otherwise it appears the Red Roof Inn is the least expensive we can find (trying to save $ for BG). We are stoked for BG as well as I can see all of you are. I guess Phil Moore is completed and the record currently stands at 55. Great because pool C (which is mine) starts there first thing Saturday morning! Thanks! Bernie, Detroit bernie19@wowway.com

Hey Cincy guys... I'm one of the guys with Bernie here. Seriously it would be uber-sweet if we could find a place to crash? We wouldn't be a burden, we'd just be there for about 8 hours of pass out time, maybe share a brew or two, and then out of your way early in the morning to play some Idlewild. I've never played it and I'd love to get out and play some dubs style with some of you Cincy guys. It'd be a good time. I promise, we're all housebroken... well, except for Rooster but I'm sure you have a garage for him to sleep in.
soundmind
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:02:10 AM

so all amz can have cash payoutz,we just need 2 start the side bet payinz.whoz in?
Sweetriver
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2008 3:54:42 PM

alright then, all the intermediates are making side bets, where is ours boys? Everyone playing advanced, who's in on the side bet? Oh and by the way, I had a dream last night and in it we were playing Phil Moore. So I would expect that course to be played next weekend.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:48:31 PM

you better bring your scuba gear bro.. and i got 10 bux says i woop that ass
ChrisWoj
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:30:43 PM

Sweetriver wrote:
alright then, all the intermediates are making side bets, where is ours boys? Everyone playing advanced, who's in on the side bet? Oh and by the way, I had a dream last night and in it we were playing Phil Moore. So I would expect that course to be played next weekend.

Gaehl check your PMs I replied back (no offense to Liz or "soundmind", Gaehl is the only one of you I know lol)

Also how much is the sidebet? I may be in on this chit. So far in the lifetime battle, Gaehl and myself are tied at 189 strokes in events we've both played. A whole one event. ;)
soundmind
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:35:27 PM

chad 10 buckz, letz me and u make it 4 our entry feez? we can put our 10 bucks in a pot with everyone elz who wantz in? chris woj no offense took, just making chure u catz were setup. c u all @ the B.G
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 7:30:52 AM

don .. you need to start speaking English dude. And if you were playing with the big boys I would put 10 down for you too
skeezer1
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 11:38:10 AM

I would much rather play Hobson than Phil Moore. Hobson is one of the more technicial courses. Throwing in a feild can get pretty borring. It is kind of a toss up between Lovers and Franklin, both are just there to play! Not much excitement. Keriasas, White and Hobson are the 3 best in the area. Did I hear something about money?
ChrisWoj
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 11:58:28 AM

Personally, I'd rather play Hobson... if only because I know what I need to shoot there to be playing well.
Just for all of you...
White Park - the most variable, between 51-56 could get you a 1000 rated round depending on winds, sick.
Hobson Grove - looks like a 51-49 could get you a 1000 rated round
Franklin Park - around a 58 will be a 1000 rated round from Championship tees :X
Kereiakes Park - looks like about 50-49 will get you a 1000 rated round here

Phil Moore would be totally based on "feel" if we play it. Ick. I like knowing what I need going in to come out in a good position, playing established courses for an event this big is just a good idea.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:16:21 AM

a
Thursday
Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 70. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_chancerain
Thursday Night and Friday
Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 50s. Highs in the lower 70s.
nt_chancerain
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s.
partlysunny
Saturday
Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s.
nt_partlycloudy
Saturday Night and Sunday
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Highs in the upper 60s.
J.P. Mayer
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:43:16 PM

From what i have been reading on message boards and hearing from another Bowling Green player, Phil Moore is most likely to be used. I haven't been out there since last week so hopefully it is looking a lot better. I was at Hobson monday and it is looking fine. Not sloppy at all really. They built a real nice big bench on hole 2 which will make the waiting on that hole a lot nicer since that hole seems to always back up. I was at Franklin last night and its in fine shape as well. The creek that runs along the side of a lot of the course is moving real fast but isn't up too high so doesn't come into play really. I'm heading to Keriakes later today since im short on time and it is real close to campus, but i imagine that it will be in good shape. I probably won't be out to Phil Moore until tomorrow or even Friday and by then most of you will be down here so you can check it out for yourself. See you all soon.