Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 Bowling Green Amatuers Championship Options
soundmind
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:39:47 PM

we leave @ 7 south east side of 275, last call if you need ride
TyFarina
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2008 8:07:43 AM

Good luck to all those playing in BG!!!! I am registered but probably will not be able to make it for personal reasons....we'll see... I wish you all the best of luck and show them what the NATI has to offer!!!!
Sweetriver
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:18:53 PM

neither did shoo ju. buncha suckas bailing out at the last second. we're pinning our hopes on estenfelder. no one else is in the money.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:51:28 AM

I guess everyone is resting after a pressure packed weekend. I haven't seen any scores posted yet. Curious to see how the local boys did, I'm pretty sure they had a good time though.
perica
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 12:03:49 PM

i think estenfelder got 3rd. kool keith probably owes some money to a few people. jim ferrara shot well.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 12:25:24 PM

Marc tied for 2nd, he was in 2nd going into the finals only 2 strokes of the lead. Last hole of playoffs he was in third and parred out while Blair missed is par put and ended up with the tie.
I had a great time and felt like I had played well yet my scores don't reflect that. I do have a few disagreements by how things were but all in all was fun.
Kool Keith
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 12:38:08 PM

I had a freaking blast!

I was on the third card heading into Sunday... but what happens in Bowling Green, stays in Bowling Green!!!!! Apparently, the scores stay there too!

Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 1:34:03 PM

Looks like BG misses Larry Bledsoe. He was really on top of things over there, then again 720 disc golfers is a huge number to deal with. It looks like Mark is getting a bad rap on the pdga discussion board, good playing Mark and as Liz would say "Way to represent".
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 2:37:46 PM

I could only find one post dissing Estenfelder, Fred. Marc has earned the rap by playing AM still in the current PDGA environment. There simply is no division for folks that don't ever want to turn pro and there should be. Another Mark- Ellis, that is, suffered the same slings and arrows of baggerdom because he simply didn't want to play for $$. His solution was to turn PRO and donate his winnings to the club running the event. I'm not sure if he still does that. In any case, good job Marc! You should play where you are comfortable-except in CCS events where you should play Open and let the up and commers have a chance at least. AS A 957 RATED PRO I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CALL MARC A BAGGER. But, since I shouldn't be able to beat him please Marc stay where you are. Again, a well deserved congratulations! It has been a tough year for you emotionally and I am looking forward to playing with or against you soon. - John Finnegan.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 3:32:53 PM

Ellis is doing rather well in the Masters division the last couple of years. He took a big check from Ky the last time he was here.
Unless you have the time and desire to practice, I finally realized, there is no reason to move up to the Open division. That's what it takes to compete with those guys.
Marc is having fun being with his family and still competeing at a high level in the advanced division. I know for a fact that if Marc wanted to and was able to get out and practice he could easily beat everyone locally. In my eyes Marc is an athlete, an athlete with 3 kids and a mortgage. There's not enough money in disc golf to support that, so why bother spending time practicing.
soundmind
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 6:13:43 PM

beer keith! why didnt you finish the game? man i waited 4 you up to almost the 2 min horn to get my disc, had to play round without warmup and without my get outta jungle disc .i ended 1 up for event sing
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 8:12:05 PM

I shot pretty bad .. and my scores reflect it .. but i had a hella good time and won the CTP for a new Discraft-Chainstar .. so all in all pretty good weekend for me!
skeezer1
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 8:59:24 PM

Thanks for all of the support from all of the local players at BG rooting me on and wishing me luck! It meant ALOT to hear your support. I did the best I could! Josh just played GREAT! My lack of physical activity over the past few months lead me to ..... I was just tired. It was a long day sunday, and it took its toll on me. The better player won. Congratulations to Josh and the others in the final 9, You are Great Disc Golfers. I Loved the Battle!
Thanks,
Marc Estenfelder
859-816-7675
ChrisWoj
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:27:12 AM

13ruce-1337 wrote:
I shot pretty bad .. and my scores reflect it .. but i had a hella good time and won the CTP for a new Discraft-Chainstar .. so all in all pretty good weekend for me!

I'm with you there, I played like complete and total ASS! Had I made even half of the 15-20 foot putts I missed I would have been... ... ... well, what ifs don't count so who cares, right? Putting is a part of the game. angry

Thanks very much to Gaehl Hutchinson for putting up with a bunch of tired discers on Wednesday night and donating a few dollars to me during a doubles round at Idlewild. thumbsup

It was good seeing all of you Cincy guys in BG, I had a lot of fun while I was down there during my first and only experience at the tournament in Advanced. I hope they replace White Park with Phil Moore next year for the BG Open I can't wait for that one!

Estenfelder - congratulations on the big finish. I'm going to be honest I was rooting for Tate Handy more than anybody in that Final 9, but above that I was rooting to see cool stuff and you guys showed some of that. Don't listen to the people calling you baggers, if you play Disc n Dat believe me I'll look at you as a challenge above all else, just a tougher competitor and nothing more. People can shut their traps.
DanH
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 2:45:49 AM

My top memories from BG Ams:
  • Taking a triple circle 9 on Hole #13 at Franklin in my first round of the tournament.
  • Shooting a 65 in the second round at Kereiakes.  I played left-handed unbeknownst to the other guys on the card. They just thought I sucked, but I took the tee once!
  • Not getting cornbread at the Motor City Bar & Grill.  frown
  • Watching the final 9 in the dark in the woods.
  • Playing with a bunch of cool guys from all over the country.
Looking forward to next year.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:03:29 PM

I had a great time as I always do down there. I learned that Nick Engle needs a little education as to the finer points of cuddling...and that my car is no place for 4 guys who downed sacks of White Castles the night before. My highlight of the 'competition' was finding that my favorite Buzz did NOT go into the river at Franklin, and that I was able to scramble for a bogey on that hole...it was just one of those weekends.

A few other things to note is that the Advanced courses this year (Kereiakes, White, Franklin, Phil Moore) made it a totally different tourney than a few years ago where we played Lovers, Hobson, White and Kereiakes (what the pros play). Adding Franklin longs, and Phil Moore into the mix made it much longer and more challenging. I doubt if Climo could average -7 on each of those courses like he did last year.

Also-I don't blame Marc one little bit. Many of those guys at the top of Adv are ams in name only. Why pay more money to be in a tourney with less people and much less of a chance to do well when you could be competitive in a huge field and have fun weekend with your buddies at the same time?!

And props to Ernie Smalls-give the man a break about posting the scores. I saw him in action and he kept a great attitude while handling a 720 player tourney and all the headaches that come with it. Overall it was a great time...one of these years maybe I'll shoot 4 decent rounds.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:33:15 PM

Keith and Steve Spencer both owe me some money. We had $10 each bets on the weekend and neither of them decided to play on Sunday. Hopefully their living of the "BG experience" was worth it thumbsup

I would gladly accept cash or check in the mail or at the next tournament we see each other. It was a ton of fun down there just like always!

Thank god Keith never finishes tournaments... there is no way I would have caught him on day 2.
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:54:13 PM

hahahahha - Craig, we should just call it a push since you suck and I enjoy the local culture.

Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:25:17 PM

I guess we can call it even... I made enough on other side bets that I don't really need your cash :)

Watching that game of pool on the crooked table was enteraining enough to call it even.
pcaldwell
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:22:43 PM

I find it amazing that Engle, Jones, Hutchinson, Perica, Shooner and Hollingshead all finished within 6 strokes of each other after 250+ strokes.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 10:26:43 PM

Me too ! And WTF is with the bull**** round ratings?
Kool Keith
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 10:43:22 PM

Round ratings are going to be screwy until they are "official". These are estimates, and they are based on the layout/courses/SSA's and that's something that's a little difficult with courses, pools, and 720 players. You won't really know what the correct scores are until they are finalized.
skeezer1
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:17:32 PM

Hey did you all see the video of the final 9? Here is the link on YouTube... http://youtube.com/watch?v=f3FjudF4fVk
I'm not in it much due to the fact that I didn't do too much special. It shows me just missing a pretty long putt. All in all the video ROCKS! Who ever made it did a great job. Does anyone know where I can get the music that they used in the video?
Thanks
Marc Estenfelder
859-816-7675
ChrisWoj
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:59:54 AM

Uh... guys... you DO realize that they haven't separated any of the divisions, right? If you look at the Adv. women a 63 has the same rating as a 63 in Adv. Men. Completely different courses. Once they separate layouts and re-align the courses played within pools/divisions the layouts will be accurate. It has me listed at 878 948 887 929... In reality I'll probably come out to 960/940/920/975 or somewhere thereabouts.
KevinB
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 10:47:47 AM

Jimmy D's Bar-B-Q & Self Storage.
If you don't mind eating animals, I suggest you look it up next time you are in Bowling Green. The pulled pork sandwich was great, the baked beans were even better and the banana pudding sidecar was amazing.
Good Stuff!
Not to mention he sells mulch, just in case you need it.