LStephens
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:30:27 AM

Kevin:

Jimmy D's Bar-B-Que
Jimmy Diemer
5449B Scottsville Rd
Bowling Green, KY 42101
270-781-2234

Yep...got a business card and talked with Jimmy for a while. When he found out I was from Georgia and the son of a Bar-B-Que man he gave me a sample of everything and asked my opinion. I had to be brutally honest...great Bar-B-Que but it lacked the taste I'm used to as a child. See..they boil their meat for a few hours to reduce smoking time...then they smoke it for a few hours and serve. This is the ONLY way you can make money in the Bar-B-Que business when you have to have a fast turn around on product due to having high sales. Jimmy D does a lot of business. The sauce was good...the beans were good..and the 1/2lb of banana pudding was excellent. It was 10x's better than anything I've had in the Cincy area...and YES...I've tried them all.

Here is the secret recipe for perfect Bar-B-Que:

Start with a Fresh Ham...it means more than what you think. No cured ham of any sort...a 'fresh' ham. Place it on a pit...not a smoker...not a rotesserie, not an oven... a pit. Pit should be designed to where fire is atleast 6 feet horizontally from the meat. Flame never touches the meat..only the smoke. Cook ham for 24 hours. First 12 hours over oak...second 12 hours over hickory for flavor....rotate ham every hour with the following.... flip, turn 180 degrees, flip, turn 180 degrees, flip and move away from heat by a few feet, repeat and move forward a few feet..repeat for the remaining time.

As you can see...that is a lot of work..but that's the way we do it in Georgia..because it's more of a religious experience than an eat.
Kool Keith
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 11:57:19 AM

Jimmy Diemer has my vote for any elected office out there.

Pulled pork was great, banana pudding was nothing short of heaven in a dixie cup. I highly recommend stopping by if you are in the area. I'm thinking about getting in BG Pro's just to go get some BBQ.

soundmind
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 5:26:31 PM

so keith still waiting 4 my disc back or i am playing another without it this weekend in michigan oh yeah and payment,i think your score was worse than mine after dropping out,maybe.
soundmind
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:54:47 AM

hello! does anyone have a ride to B.G 09 4 me.
keith my last post from last year reminded me .u still need 2 pay up!