Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Nascar Commercial Options
LStephens
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:25:21 PM

If anyone with some serious YouTube skills can dig up the following..I think many will be pleased.

Today during the Nascar Daytona 500 Fox did a commerical for the upcoming race at the Michigan International Raceway.  It showed briefly some folks putting on a SkillShot basket.  I don't know how many people caught that quick shot but it was on TV in front of millions of people.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:41:53 PM

Lets rephrase that .. it was on in front of millions of NASCAR fans .. and didnt we already discuss the validity of such fans as real people ?
LStephens
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:58:04 PM

I don't think hippie degenerate lazyasses that can't hold a regular job with no brains and a conspiracy mentality with no physical athletic abilities should characterize Nascar fans as uneducated hillbilly grease loving beer chugging couch on the porch flower pot in the toilet in the front yard neanderthals that can only drive turning left. Neither perception of the other is fair or correct.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 1:18:24 AM

Now lee soundmind is going to resent you talking about him like that.  Anyway,   i heard your sister is pretty cute so dont be to ashamed
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 1:20:24 AM

The're going left! .. Still going left!
LStephens
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 10:03:35 AM

My sister is very pretty...but I don't look at her like like a big juicy set of pork chops with gravy on my mashed tators either.

And why should Donovan get mad? I said conspiracy THEORY...everything he talks about is FACT...just ask him.

Donovan: This week sometime...me...you...a can of whoopass at Boone for a little preview of the Ice Bowl.
frizgolf
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 10:56:19 AM

Hmmm. I missed that.
And don't get me started on defending NASCAR. If you don't like it, use the browser 'back' button. Your ignorance is showing.
Thank race car drivers for massive improvements in performance and safety in production cars today. A compact KIA is safer than the biggest tanks of 30 years ago. Crumple zones, three-point seat restraints, braking technology, and fuel efficiency all owe a little to the rednecks you see using their Neanderthal skills to simply turn left.

Meanwhile, back to the ad. When did that show? How many times?
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 11:59:29 AM

Still going left !
frizgolf
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2008 3:16:13 PM

Yep. Someone's circular.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:54:16 PM

Missed it...only watched the end. The networks are going to lose a lot of advertising money once everyone realizes that the last 10 laps of a NASCAR race is the only part worth watching. Here's to another 9 months of turning left and standing on the gas!
frizgolf
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:49:29 PM

Ben Shooner wrote:
Missed it...only watched the end. The networks are going to lose a lot of advertising money once everyone realizes that the last 10 laps of a NASCAR race is the only part worth watching. Here's to another 9 months of turning left and standing on the gas!

Kinda like the last two minutes of a basketball game, eh?
Ben Shooner
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:51:25 PM

frizgolf wrote:

Kinda like the last two minutes of a basketball game, eh?

True...but that's only if it's a really good game.

I know-to each his own. I used to follow NASCAR quite a bit-and I still pay attention at the beginning and end of the season. But it's just really hard for me to sit down and watch a race from start to finish knowing that the running order is just a crash and a 'lucky dog' away from being totally jumbled. Not one of those loons in the broadcast booth mentioned Newman at all-it was all Bush this and Stewart that-then BAM! Newman wins. I guess that's what's exciting about it.

I guess I'm just salty because Formula 1 is still a month away.