Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Rumored... new Discraft driver Options
LStephens
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:23:53 AM

Got me a Force today from Dan. I was going to wait a few days until the weather cleared..but I had an hour before work and thought I'd go shoot Boone...one disc...just throw the driver at every hole. Not the best course to try out the driver..but I didn't wanna throw in an open field with just one disc...so..I did the best I could. I really didn't get much backhand data because of the nature that Boone is. #1 I throw forehand..and the Force is going to replace my Wraith for those type shots from now on. It is predictable..has plenty of depth that allows me a better grip..a few millimeters deeper than the Destroyer..but noticeable to my hands. (Insert Joke Here). Hole #2 I hit a tree because I was throwing easy and it is too overstable to throw too easy. Same with #3...big hyzer when I threw it easy. Knowing this..I did a forehand on #4 and a Tommy on #5...which it works pretty good on a Tommy as well. #6 uphill...bad snow covered footing and I couldn't make it but to just the little bush on the hill. #7...forehand pretty straight at the basket. #8...thrown slow forehand it cuts that curve really nice. #9..first time I really got to throw backhand... I broke the rules..ignored the mando..and put it way out to the right and it came in nicely. #10...hit a tree hard...but it was going straight and hard. #11...man...wish the tees would have been nice...I drove to the second tree on bad teepads..and anyone that's seen my noodle arm out there...you'd say that was my best drive ever there. #12...I have to dial back on a wraith forehand here to keep it outta the creek..and when I go Z-Pred...my arm can't go where my eyes are looking...The force was very easy to control that downhill forehand and it was mere inches from the basket...I can see getting a skip ace there. I had a 10mph headwind and it was predictable downhill. #13..forehand...straight...hooked up nice at the end...predictable flight...I just didn't have enough ass to get it to the pin. #14...too short of a shot to really run at it...threw slow...too much hyzer...too far left. #15...I still can't get this shot...I did make it past the creek but I aimed too far right remembering the shot from the previous hole...little headwind...straightened it out..miss read the wind...bam...had a nice 100ft from the basket...but not wet. #16...parked it..forehand. #17...another hole where you can't throw that disc with any ass...so it over hyzered and went into the creek. #18...forehand...parked.

I really like the disc..will take the place of my wraith in my bag and I won't buy that Pro Destroyer I was looking at. I'm not a fan of the Star plastic. I don't know how I'm going to like it backhand...I don't think I have the arm yet to throw it straight..except in a headwind...but it is a predictable flight path..and I can use it when seen fit.