Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 Disc 'n Dat Bluegrass Open Options
DOC65
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 9:12:53 AM

So what's the word on this tournament? It looks like I'm going to be in Milford Oh. for two weeks on either side of this weekend so I'm hoping to get down there for the weekend.  thumbsup  But I have a few questions for you all.

I noticed that last year there wasn't any Advanced Masters, will there be any this year? The option is on the flyer so I'm wondering if there was last year as well. But there just isn't that many that play Adv. Masters up in ya'lls neck of the woods.

Are there any minis or anything going on the week before? I played Banklick last year with a couple of you all in the snow but hope to get at least a round in on both courses without all the white stuff before tourney time if possile.

And what time will it get dark that time of year so I know about when I have to sneek out of work and head down from Milford?
discndat
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 12:40:06 PM

Doc,
I really didn't pay that much attention to us not having any in that division last year. I guess people got a little older and played Advanced Grandmasters or stepped down and played Advanced. We'll have it if we get four participants.  There's a Wednesday doubles at Banklick every week of the year (yeah, it's been going glow all winter) - starts at 6:00; and Tuesday night Ace Fund will be going on,  I imagine around that time and they usually try to play courses that have tournaments coming up - i.e. - Idlewild. Keep checking the site and there will be more information on the weekly events shortly. Well, we'll have Daylight Savings Time by then, so I'm thinking 8 or so, but I don't think about it until I have to so I really don't know on that one. I'm sure somone else who knows that stuff will pipe up soon. Thanks for the interest in our tourney and hope to see you down here soon.
andersab
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 12:43:51 PM

Also Doc, there are quite a few golfers around here that monitor our forums and if you wanted to get a round in anywhere, I am sure that we can show you some hospitality. Feel free to post that you want a round, etc.
J.P. Mayer
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 1:08:57 PM

What are entry fees looking like this year?  I really want to come up from school for this.  I will also probably bring some other guys from Bowling Green.  Thanks.
DOC65
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 1:27:44 PM

Thanks for the info!! As soon as I get my travel plans nailed down I'll start making all the arrangements and figuring out when I can make it down for some practice rounds.
discndat
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2008 2:06:11 PM

$94 Open, $74 all other Pros, $54 Advanced divisions, $44 Intermediate divisions
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 8:27:26 AM

Bag Tags this year?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:25:37 AM

Yes, hopefully will finalize this in the next few days.
Touringam2
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 4:47:42 PM

Any chance the pre-reg list can be updated soon?
andersab
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 5:12:04 PM

Touringam2 wrote:
Any chance the pre-reg list can be updated soon?

Nope, we're not letting you in jump
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 11:57:11 AM

The Registration list is updated www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php 

Registration list will be updated weekly, at a minimum. Thanks for getting me on the ball, Tree Hukker.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:09:17 PM

Ok, the competition just got a little tougher in four divisions. The Jenkins family is coming to town for the Bluegrass Open, which includes 2007 Women's World Champion  Valarie Jenkins, 2006 Players Cup Champion Avery Jenkins, top Women's Master player Sharon Jenkins and top Master player Leroy Jenkins.  Thusfar, we have 8 registered, and all are in different divisions!
DOC65
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 4:41:10 PM

Travel arrangements are set and I'll be landing at CVG the 13th around 10:00am and will head to the nearest one of the two courses after I get the rental car. Anybody not at Bowling Green interested in a couple of rounds to help show me the courses just let me know!!!

What kind of weather do you normally have for this tournament? If it's like Texas then probably anything and everything in a 48 hour period. :-)
DanH
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 5:14:15 PM

Here's an example of Ohio weather: Last week, we had both a 70 degree day and the worst blizzard in the last 20 years. I'd come prepared for anything between 40's and 80's if I were you.
perica
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 6:23:38 PM

yeah, the weather can be a fickle mistress around here. it was gorgeous last year though.

go practice idlewild before banklick. very few tees can even see the backet at the wild. if you're right-handed and can throw a hyzer, banklick just became a lot easier for you.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 11:06:06 PM

1998 was way worse then last weekend ,   we got 18 inches in like 6 hours or some crazy $heot !
woot thats awsome dan .. your running a tourney with world champs .. way to go !  

google :  "feb 28, 1998 weather cincinnati"    lol .. EL Niño

DOC65
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:47:43 AM

You all must have been on the worse end of all the weather that past through here last Thursday night. Played DG in shorts on Wed. had 4" of snow on Thursday and was back in shorts on Sunday. That snow fall had the biggest snow flakes I've ever seen in the south.

I played Banklick in the snow last Feb. when I was there. There's a bit more elevation there than anything around here. Is Idlewild similar in elevation but just longer? If I remember right Banklick had some holes around a creek that you had to be careful on as well? How about Idlewild?

So there is Doubles on Wed's at Banklick, what is ace fund Tuesday? And thanks again for all the info!!!
perica
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:11:09 PM

there is plenty of elevation, perhaps not as much as banklick though. the fairways are much tighter and longer. there are lots of placement shots to get down. check out the hole pics on the course directory of this site.
perica
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:35:42 PM

oh yeah, don't drool too much on the keyboard while viewing. the course looks even more stunning these days.
Touringam2
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 2:05:40 PM

Ams get to play 2 rounds of Idlewilde this year! That's the best news I've heard in a while. Is there a host hotel for the event this year?
berto
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 2:45:19 PM

Man, I really am sad to miss this one......   Dan always does a great job.......
discndat
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 5:21:57 PM

Pretty sure it's going to be Quality Inn and Suites on Rt. 42 in Florence, Ky, corner of Rt. 42 and Industrial Rd. We are still finalizing so hold off on reserving rooms until we do so you can get the tourney rate.

Just fly on in for the Bluegrass Berto!
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:25:52 AM

Im sure myself or someone can put ya up for the weekend so thats free room and board.
Can't hurt to check airfares in the meantime.
berto
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:00:53 PM

Well I appriciate that adam.... I know that I am way to poor right know to take time off.... I am still trying to get out there in august....... I am just going to be able to make that happen..... hopefully......... I just put 1800 dollars into my car.......  Plus had two visits from my mom and a friend this month and took time off... Then got the flu real bad and missed three more days..... So I should save my off time for aug.  I would love to make it to another bgo sometime.......  This year It will be the pig.... Maybe next year the bgo......
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 4:54:10 PM

The Bluegrass Open is heating up even if it's still pouring down rain outside. We look to have some great things for you again this year. Signups are starting to come in almost every day now. Get your entry in now so others can see it filling up and so it doesn't get so crazy that last two weeks before the tourney (please?). Anyway, as usual we are trying to put on a great show for all involved. That requires a lot and part of what we need right now is sponsorship. We've got the a Sponsorship Opportunities page here for you to see what is available for all levels of sponsorship. But for most of you we have a Tee Sign Sponsor available to all individuals for $20 (reduced from '07 by $5). For $20 you or you and your buddies, family, etc. can get a tee sign at one of the courses and you'll be listed in the program as well. Just contact me and we'll get you set up.

File Attachment(s):
08 Sponsorship Opportunities.doc (91kb) downloaded 18 time(s).