Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2008 Disc 'n Dat Bluegrass Open Options
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:34:03 PM

We should have some exciting news shortly about the tournament. Trying to finalize a few things first. We got a few more tee-shirt sponsors yesterday. Have some spots left if anyone wants their name or business on the tee-shirt. Cost is $50.

For those who didn't get a bag tag at Mt. Airy, we have some here at the store. The bag tags are a fundraiser (cost is $10 for a new bag tag) for the Bluegrass Open 4/19-4/20 until the tournament takes place and then proceeds go to the bag tag finale. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong somebody) but I think the weekly Bag Tag starts tomorrow at Mt. Airy - that is, if we haven't floated away by then. Six o'clock, I think. Bag Tags will be available at the weekly Bag Tag also.

discndat
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:15:46 PM

Just in! - the tourney is a part of the Discplayer "SHUT UP & THROW" Tour '08.  We have Fundraiser discs for sale - STAR Destroyers with the Shut Up &
Throw design.  Discs are $18 and proceeds go into the tournament. Limited quantities so get them while you can.

discndat attached the following image(s):
shutup_&_throw_star_destroyer.jpg

Discgolfkid
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 12:06:49 AM

I really want to play in the Disc'n Dat, but I forgot to register for the PDGA this year. What's the fastest way to do that?
discndat
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 10:59:28 AM

Go to http://pdga.com/members.php and click on "join" or "renew" whichever is the case and you can do it online. If you're a GCFDA member you can also save $5 by checking "member of affiliate club". Hope that helps. You can also send it in and they should have it by our tournament. We get a list of paid members the week of the tournament.

Thanks to all those who are supporting the tournament through the Bag Tags! Thanks Nick and Ben and anyone else who is helping out.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 2:55:37 PM

NEWS BULLETIN: 96 Rock, the GCFDA and Disc 'n Dat will be presenting the Disc 'n Dat Bluegrass Open for 2008 on the radio. Listen to 96 Rock at 96.5 on your FM station for promotions for our tournament starting April 4th. You'll hear lots of promos for two weeks prior to the tournament! Tell all your friends and family to listen. A team of 96 Rockers will be going up against Team Disc 'n Dat on Friday 4/18/09 at Idlewild (time TBA).  96 Rock will have their van out at Idlewild on Sunday afternoon for the finale of the tournament from 4-7 p.m. (times are approximate right now and subject to change). I think this is great news for our club and the tournament. I'm really excited about it and am really glad to have this opportunity.

discndat attached the following image(s):
96Rock-Logo.gif
gcfda.gif

13ruce-1337
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:28:18 PM

So the question is .. Team Disc -n- Dat is comprised of who?  As a touring AM i would love to be a part of that!
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:29:00 PM

We will discuss that at our next meeting. I am sure there are a lot of people who would like to participate. If you are interested in being a part of  Team Disc 'n Dat to play the 96 Rockers let me know via e-mail. I am not saying at this time how we will choose or if we will choose. It may just be all the members of the BGO committee. We have yet to discuss it so e-mail me if you are interested.
ChrisWoj
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:04:10 PM

Someone said something about all Ams playing just Idlewild? Interesting. I'm definitely planning on playing this one. We'll see how my finances are after BG Ams but right now I'm trying to budget it in!
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:59:50 AM

Ams are playing Idlewild on Saturday and Banklick on Sunday, the Pros will play the reverse, so you get to play both courses twice.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:30:00 PM

Thanks Liz. 96 Rock - pass the word and start listening. The ads will start running 4/4/08. Some lucky winners will win some discs. I don't know how they will do it. Probably the 96 caller or something like that.
STEVO
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:00:31 PM

Dan, I always knew you were an old rocker....  sing

Congratulations on the sponsorship!
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:08:48 AM

So have they set a date yet for the BGO, i read through here, and i cant find out when it will be held? And if it isnt anytime soon, are you still taking T-Shirt sponsers?
Liz
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:06:11 PM

The flyer and information on the BGO was on page one of this forum, the dates are 4/19 - 4/20, I don't really know what happened to the flyer, I tried to attach it to this forum but it wouldn't let me, the best bet would be to go to disc 'n dat's website www.discndatonline.com and there should be a link to the tourney info.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:35:25 PM

EXMONEY - yes, you can still get a tee-shirt sponsorship. Just e-mail us at discndat@fuse.net with what you want on the tee-shirt and I'll reply to you. Thanks for wanting to sponsor the tourney.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:05:45 PM

Ok, we need to put out the request for sponsorship. You know we try to make this the best tournament we can but we need your help. Anyone who can sponsor a hole or put an ad in the program would be greatly appreciated. We can probably do another tee-shirt sponsor or two also. Tee-shirt sponsors are $50 each - need them by Friday 4/4. Exmoney@harbin - contact me about tee-shirt sponsorship.

Tee-sign sponsors are $20 personal or $40 for business. This is a way for you to help put on a great tournament and actually be giving to yourself. You will benefit by making this tournament bigger and better - the sponsorship $ goes to make for bigger prize payout. We also have some Special Event Sponsor openings for Distance Contest, Putting Contest, Bullseye Contest and Cornhole Contest. Just contact me thru e-mail at discndat@fuse.net or pm me on here. We can also take merchandise for Am prizes and the infamous Ring of Fire put on by Jeff Eades at the end of the tournament. If you haven't seen or participated in the Ring of Fire, you'll be surprised at how much fun and how crazy it gets.

Let me know if you have some other ideas about sponsorship for the tournament.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 6:15:44 PM

Got those entries coming in at a good pace now. Here's the current registration list. www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php and here's a link for tournament information www.discndatonline.com/cpage.cfm We are always adding some new stuff to it so check it often to see what's new. We are going to have Women's tee-shirts this year - that's right, the women won't be getting a man's tee-shirt. We will have a nice players pack for all Ams and some extra nice packs for all women. Also, for all those who play in the ATT Bluegrass Series, remember this event is part of that series and we are also a qualifier for the Am Nationals. So keep those entries coming. You don't have to leave your home town to get a blue-chip (or is that a blue-grass?) tourney.

AdamJ
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 7:05:19 AM

Gonna try and stop in the shop this time.
Ciya later today I hope.
ChrisWoj
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 11:18:02 PM

I just pre-registered. It said to give a t-shirt size but I somehow missed the input box as I paid. If possible could it be relayed to whoever needs to know that I need a medium? Thanks for your help! Can't wait to see y'all there!

-Chris.
ChrisWoj
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 11:23:43 PM

Liz wrote:
Ams are playing Idlewild on Saturday and Banklick on Sunday, the Pros will play the reverse, so you get to play both courses twice.

Any chance someone could be convinced to see the Advanced Division play Longs at Idlewild? Remember we're a 935+ division this year! *grin*
Ben Shooner
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 9:27:14 AM

ChrisWoj wrote:

Any chance someone could be convinced to see the Advanced Division play Longs at Idlewild? Remember we're a 935+ division this year! *grin*

Severely doubt that will happen...just takes too long. I'm just glad we get 2 rounds there this year.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:14:16 PM

Anyone know what the reg numbers are up to? Some folks in Columbus were wondering if it was going to fill soon or not.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:20:13 PM

If you're an Amateur I would get registered as soon as possible. That's the field that will fill up first. You can check the current registration list by clicking the link in the above post or use this one: http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=7318 We try to update the list every couple of days atleast, sometimes more often.
Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:28:22 PM

Yeah I saw that there were only 61 people on the PDGA list so far but I knew that wasn't up to date since I sent my entry in yesterday. I was just hoping for some insider info help

I can't wait to come down and have my @ss handed to me at Idlewild like usual  1stplace thumbsdown
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 7:35:41 PM

I'll get it updated tomorrow. Been slammed with some other tournament stuff the last couple of days.

Everybody tune in to 96 Rock and listen for our spots. They sound pretty good. Really good advertising for the tournament, DND and the GDCFDA. Real nice!!

Keep those hole sponsorships coming. We also have some CFR Champion Destroyer, CFR Champion Gremlins, CFR Champion TeeRex-X and TFR STAR Ontario Rocs for sale to help the tournament. Contact me if you want one. They look really sweet. I haven't had a chance to get them up on the site yet. We also have some TFR San Marino Rocs and the Ontario Rocs. Lots of good stuff.  Discraft should be in Friday. Whew!! - this is fun, but it's work too! But you all should be real happy with the end result of the tournament. See you soon.
ChrisWoj
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:27:13 AM

Ben Shooner wrote:

Severely doubt that will happen...just takes too long. I'm just glad we get 2 rounds there this year.

True that. I only played the longs out there, thought they were absolutely AWESOME. So out of curiosity when it says shorts... does it mean short teepads? short baskets? Short teepads to short baskets? Short teepads to long baskets? Long teepads to short baskets? I don't remember if there were short teepads or not, I just noticed the long/short baskets.